National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

n2n updates 23 april - Event Date: 23 Apr 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: n2n updates 23 april
    Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 13:37
[QUOTE=Camquin]
Yogi, you answered the question I thought I asked.

The other question is also interesting.

Looking forward t seeing you next season.
[/QUOTE
Thank you for the clarification Camquin.
I hope that omnes Parviores is also grateful to you.

Edited by Yogi - 25 Apr 2022 at 13:39
What's with you Boo-Boo
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:27
Well done Hull....

First you look to win every game, then you look to win your competition - in this case National League 2

Then you deal with the consequence - Promotion !!!

promotion is but a consequence of winning which is addressed after the event

Massive congratulations - I am pleased for you and good luck next year....

Puli, If you need a stopover on the way Down South, I am sure Mrs O will oblige - with extras 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 00:01
Yogi, you answered the question I thought I asked.

The other question is also interesting.

Looking forward t seeing you next season.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 23:01
Originally posted by Yogi Yogi wrote:

omnes Paviores,
When Camquin asked me which National League One sides we had played against before I thought he meant the sides that would be in the division next season.
Of course,I realise that we have played agsinst all the former League One sides you have mentioned but that was in our days in the old North Division One and also the Northern Premier Division.
My knowledge of National League rugby is as good as the next man's, I just mis-understood the question.

Don’t do yourself an injustice, you didn’t misunderstand the query posed by Camquin, it was quite obvious that he was referring to teams that will be playing in  Nat 1 next season that Hull have met in the past. 
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Mrs Oliphant View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Oliphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 22:52
Love all this.
Congratulations Hull.
If no one aspires for promotion what is the point in league rugby.
Ok the next league up will be a challenge which few can prepare for..but all this " we are comfortable mid league tosh and don't want promotion" leaves me cold.
And as for Caldy...wow..well done..at this rate you will be hosting Harlequins,Tigers and Wasps before long.Better get a move on 
putting a 10,000 seater stadium on your cricket pitch !!!!
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 22:23
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

[QUOTE=Sid James]The local Derby lived up to expectations yesterday.

A missed conversation was the difference in the score. We came away disappointed to have lost but pleased by the fact that we had bettered the best team in the league. 

Love it! What was the conversation about? �£ï¿½£ï¿½£

Thanks for pointing that out. Predictive text can be a pain.
You will have the chance to talk £££ next season unless Redruth overtake you. I doubt Hull are looking forward to either journey.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 21:45
Yogi 

Don’t apologise, Just move forward and enjoy. 

All the best 

ST  
Give him one with handles on
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 21:41
omnes Paviores,
When Camquin asked me which National League One sides we had played against before I thought he meant the sides that would be in the division next season.
Of course,I realise that we have played agsinst all the former League One sides you have mentioned but that was in our days in the old North Division One and also the Northern Premier Division.
My knowledge of National League rugby is as good as the next man's, I just mis-understood the question.

Edited by Yogi - 24 Apr 2022 at 21:47
What's with you Boo-Boo
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 20:16

OM

My apologies 

Sorry to do this but I’m going to repeat and repost my point to camquin earlier. Getting to National 1 and then onto to the championship is the pinnacle of any players or clubs ambitions. It’s league rugby. If you don’t want to travel don’t compete. For a player in any decade you want to be be and beat the very best. 

Challenge yourself, your club make  memories and history. That’s my Mantra 

All the best 

ST 

[QUOTE=omnes Paviores]Yogi, your knowledge about National rugby is so poor. 

CQ

We all thought at Sedge coming down from the championship then through National One to where we are now, the saving grace would be the attendances from local derbies would be the consolation. 

‘Lovely we have found our level’ the old farts of your club will chant. (The rallying call for rugby clubs to disappear) 

Not a chance. It’s never a chance!!!

People and sponsors want to see the very best you can compete against, regardless of where they are from. Give them a big name and they will come. 

At Sedge (Park Lane) to name just a few games!!!

Wasps 3500
Northampton Saints 2178 
Harlequins 1895
Rotherham Titans 1760. 

And so on!!

Good luck to both Caldy and Hull and enjoy every single moment in the sun because it’s brilliant!!! Believe me. Happy days indeed 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 24 Apr 2022 at 20:35
omnes Paviores View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnes Paviores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 20:05
I also enjoyed watching Caldy at Chanterlands Avenue
omnes Paviores View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnes Paviores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 19:59
Yogi, your knowledge about National rugby is so poor. 

Yes you have played DMP before but look at this season you have played against Hull Ionians, Loughborough, Sedgeley Park, Blaydon  , Wharfedale, Fylde & Rotherham. All of these sides played in National One in recent seasons.

I went to all the away games when we were in National One. I hope you like long journeys setting off around 7am and getting back after 1am. Getting back North of the M25 on a Saturday night can be painful. Then ofcourse the M1 is often closed Saturday evenings for repair work to be carried out.

Enjoy your journey, you have worked hard and played well this season
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 19:34
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

The local Derby lived up to expectations yesterday.

A missed conversation was the difference in the score. We came away disappointed to have lost but pleased by the fact that we had bettered the best team in the league. 

It was a shame officials were so poor on the day. Mr Allatt wasn't a patch on the lady ref we had last week. I suggest he spends a little less time in the gym and a bit more time on studying the laws of the game. His local assistant, Mr Lazenby came with a reputation for incompetence and simply enhanced that reputation. He should not be allowed near a local match of such importance. 

Well done to Hull. It was good to catch up with our ex-players. They are the most consistent team in the league and rightly sit at the top. Enjoy your promotion.

We had this ref at two Moseley home games this year, agree not one of the better ones. 
Cauliflower ear.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 18:29
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The problem of promotion, you lose those really close derbies.
I hope you picked their brains as to what to expect next season.
It is a tough league to stay in, especially with three down from 14 next season.

How many of the teams have you played before?

CQ

We all thought at Sedge coming down from the championship then through National One to where we are now, the saving grace would be the attendances from local derbies would be the consolation. 

‘Lovely we have found our level’ the old farts of your club will chant. (The rallying call for rugby clubs to disappear) 

Not a chance. It’s never a chance!!!

People and sponsors want to see the very best you can compete against, regardless of where they are from. Give them a big name and they will come. 

At Sedge (Park Lane) to name just a few games!!!

Wasps 3500
Northampton Saints 2178 
Harlequins 1895
Rotherham Titans 1760. 

And so on!!

Good luck to both Caldy and Hull and enjoy every single moment in the sun because it’s brilliant!!! Believe me. Happy days indeed 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 24 Apr 2022 at 19:40
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 18:06
Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

[QUOTE=Sid James]The local Derby lived up to expectations yesterday.

Love it! What was the conversation about? 🤣🤣🤣
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 17:39
Camquin,
The only side in National One we have played in league games will be Darlingtom Mowden Park and that was several years ago. The imbalance between Northern and  Southern sides in the division is immense with only Moseley in the Midlands. 
What's with you Boo-Boo
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 16:32
The problem of promotion, you lose those really close derbies.
I hope you picked their brains as to what to expect next season.
It is a tough league to stay in, especially with three down from 14 next season.

How many of the teams have you played before?
Sweeney Delenda Est
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 16:17
Originally posted by Full Bodied Red Full Bodied Red wrote:

Sadly, having got into the lead a few minutes from the end they gave away what many thought was a doubtful penalty.

I agee FBR. One of the many on the day.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 15:58
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

The local Derby lived up to expectations yesterday.

It was a shame officials were so poor on the day. Mr Allatt wasn't a patch on the lady ref we had last week. I suggest he spends a little less time in the gym and a bit more time on studying the laws of the game. His local assistant, Mr Lazenby came with a reputation for incompetence and simply enhanced that reputation. He should not be allowed near a local match of such importance. 

Well done to Hull. It was good to catch up with our ex-players. They are the most consistent team in the league and rightly sit at the top. Enjoy your promotion.

Sounds a cracker. 
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:20
Thank you to Sid James and Full Bodied Red for their congratulations and best wishes for the future in National One. Also to the other clubs who have contacted Hull RUFC with their congratulations.

It as been a hell of a ride and our team fully deserve their crack at the higher level. Next season will present many challenges in both playing and travelling circumstances and we will have to adapt to the job in hand and give it our best shot. 

Caldy have shown what can be achieved and all at the Ferens Ground send their sincere congratulations on their promotion to the Championship.
What's with you Boo-Boo
Full Bodied Red View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Bodied Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:33
Congratulations to Hull. Well deserved promotion having only lost two games so far this season. 
Ionians almost spoiled their day in a pulsating game. Sadly, having got into the lead a few minutes from the end they gave away what many thought was a doubtful penalty. Hull capitalised and won with the last play.
Well done, enjoy next season in National 1.

Edited by Full Bodied Red - 24 Apr 2022 at 11:08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic