National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

NL1 - Signings, Retentions & Departures 22/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BE57 REF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 19:44
Rian has a terrific turn of speed and a real finisher’s eye for the line. He deserves a crack at National 1 and I’m sure working with Richie Williams will make him an even better player. 
Just call me "Sir".
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 14:44
Liam Munro, Moseley back row, stepping down from playing rugby. All the best in the future. 
Cauliflower ear.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 20:25
Cambridge new signing

We are really pleased to announce the signing of Welsh midfielder, Tom Hoppe.

He is a promising young centre who has developed in the Dragons Academy over the last few seasons. Hoppe was included in Wales U20 Six Nations squad in 2019 and represented Wales in the World Rugby Junior Championship. He has also played Welsh Premiership rugby for Newport, Bedwas and Cardiff.

DoR Richie Williams commented, “I am excited to watch Tom pull on the Cambridge shirt this season. He is an exciting young player who will add quality to our back line. He already has a wealth of experience and his physical attributes will complement both our defence and attack. I must say a huge thank you to Price Bailey, one of our key corporate partners; who Tom will begin working with in August. It once again demonstrates the strong relationships we place on supporting players on and off the field.”

Tom added “I am delighted to be joining Cambridge this season. I liked the vision of the club that Richie had and Cambridge is a fantastic city to live and work. With the players we have, I am hoping to be pushing for promotion into the Championship. They have a really exciting squad and a strong coaching team. It will be my first year playing in England and I can’t wait to begin.”
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 14:44
Originally posted by kingsheathlad kingsheathlad wrote:

Liam Munro, Moseley back row, stepping down from playing rugby. All the best in the future. 
Full time with the Frog Squad now then.
(Sounds odd, but it's what the family business is called. I used to do a bit of part timing for his granddad back in the seventies. Next village to me, and also the next village to the one that another former Cov forward was brought up in. Richard Coc kerill).
Our City,
Our Club
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:46
Press release from Moseley:

Birmingham Moseley share a joint announcement regarding the departure of Ashley Johnson to take forward his coaching career with Wasps.

Following Richard Beck’s decision to step down from his role due to personal reasons, Wasps are delighted to announce that former player, Ashley Johnson, has agreed a deal to become the Club’s new Senior Academy Forwards Transition Coach.

Fan favourite Johnson, who joins us from National League 1 side Birmingham Moseley Rugby, won the hearts of the Wasps faithful during his time as a backrow in the eight years he spent at the Club between 2012 and 2020.

Speaking of Johnson’s signing, Men’s Head Coach, Lee Blackett, said:
“To have one of the best signings in our history back at the Club is great news. During his time as a player, he was a key member of the squad and his energy around the training ground was infectious.

“He understands what it means to be a Wasp, which is a huge advantage for an Academy Coach who is developing players to join the senior squad.
“His work at Birmingham Moseley has been impressive and we are delighted to have him back with us.”

Johnson shared his excitement to be joining Wasps Academy:
“I am delighted to be joining Wasps Academy and look forward to developing the next generation of Wasps Players.
“I want to thank Birmingham Moseley for giving me the opportunity to learn and grow as a coach in the last couple of years. Adam Balding and Pete Glackin have been instrumental in mentoring me and I want to wish them and the Club all the best for the new season.
“I am excited be a part of Wasps again, it almost feels like all those years back when I first joined the Club.”

Beck, who joined Wasps in June 2019, has been instrumental in the Academy set up during his time. The Club would like to thank him for his hard work and dedication during his time with us.

Matt Williams, Academy Manager, commented: “Richard leaves Wasps with our very best wishes, he has been a crucial part of the Academy staffing group over the last few years. His work ethic & knowledge have earnt him great respect from staff & players alike. He will be a tough act to follow.

“It will be great to welcome Ashley back to the environment. His knowledge of the game is excellent and will really add to the players development. It will also be an excellent opportunity for Ashley to continue his development as a coach!”

Adam Balding, Birmingham Moseley Director of Rugby said:
“ Ashley came to us following a stellar playing career with South Africa and Wasps as a player & forwards coach. Ashley quickly made his mark both on and off the field becoming an inspiration to players, particularly in our mini and junior sections. Although relatively new to the coaching role he passed on his considerable experience to players at all levels of the club. Ashley was instrumental in helping Birmingham Moseley to gain a reputation for having one of the most formidable packs in National League 1.

Whereas we are sorry to see Ashley go we are proud to have played a part in helping him pursue his coaching career and we wish him every success in his new role with Wasps, the door will always be open to welcome Ashley and his family back to Billesley Common.”

Ashley played a few games last season, usually at hooker, but I don't think was intending to this season.  We'll miss him, but we clearly can't stand in his way when an opportunity like this presents itself.

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 16:06
Lets hope Wasps can pay his wages!!!
Run with it
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 18:30
Moseley have signed Josh Olver at hooker.  The club announcement is a bit light on detail, but I can see that he's been at Wuss in the past (possibly in their academy?) and was playing for Droitwich a couple of years ago.
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 19:13
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Moseley have signed Josh Olver at hooker.  The club announcement is a bit light on detail, but I can see that he's been at Wuss in the past (possibly in their academy?) and was playing for Droitwich a couple of years ago.
Wonder if he is any relation to Sam Olver, who was a DR at Moseley, now at Knights (I think)?
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 19:18
Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

Wonder if he is any relation to Sam Olver, who was a DR at Moseley, now at Knights (I think)?
Who is himself son of former England international John Olver.  Must be a possibility that he's Sam's little brother.
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 18:07
Mose have signed scrum half Freddie Painter to their senior academy, with a view to him challenging for a first team place in due course.  He is a product of the Coventry College rugby academy.
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:37
Mose welcome back Ashley Johnson from Wasps as defence and scrum coach.  Also joining from Wasps is back row Ben Morris who is apparently equally capable at 6 or 7 and can also play second row.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 14:15
Ben Morris  will be  a huge asset and should dominate at  this level.
Run with it
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 23:05
Richard Thorpe departs as Dor of Chinnor...
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 08:44
Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

Yup, Sam has bee here a good few years and is now Co-Captain - he is a pocket rocket, hits whatever is in front of him with solid tackles and rarely seems to take knocks / injuries.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 20:42
Originally posted by Monkey Magic Monkey Magic wrote:

Did he jump or was he pushed ?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 22:39
Originally posted by fatbear fatbear wrote:

Originally posted by Monkey Magic Monkey Magic wrote:

Did he jump or was he pushed ?

Rumours of dressing room unhappiness.
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:32
Offered his resignation from what I've heard. Hardly a surprise considering where they are in the league. Guess losing at home to Esher was the final straw. 

Enjoying life!
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 13:32
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 20:49
Moseley sign:
Tobi Wilson, Full back, Worcester Warriors.
Simon Koroiyadi, back row, d/r Leicester Tigers. 
Cauliflower ear.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 23:07
Esher sign prop Jack Owlett, late of Worcester and before that Wasps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic