National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

NL1 - Signings, Retentions & Departures 22/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonehousealbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NL1 - Signings, Retentions & Departures 22/23
    Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 07:29
Season's over for at least two clubs in Nat 1. Let's start looking ahead... (Can you pin this please, sir?)
Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 20:03
Originally posted by stonehousealbion stonehousealbion wrote:

Season's over for at least two clubs in Nat 1. Let's start looking ahead... (Can you pin this please, sir?)

I hope for their sake that Plymouth don't lose any players otherwise they may have to defer to the 7s circuit
RAID ON
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 18:50
Jack Walsh (Exeter/Taunton) has signed a deal with Ospreys.
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 15:24
Long serving Prop Ralph Appleby leaves DMP to join Blaydon as player coach - 

Not announced to date by DMP but I am sure everyone will wish him well 351 games in 14 years. 

Should expect a number of front row signings from DMP as Ralph played prop and hooker last year as it seemed to be a difficult season for DMP in front row
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 16:14
James Ayrton to stay at Stortford, named as captain. Nine other have also re-signed.
See https://twitter.com/BSRUGBY for details.

Sweeney Delenda Est
DGS Old Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DGS Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 11:00
Fully agree front5 he has been a great servant to the club we wish him success and all the very best in his new role at Blaydon. he was one of the first players we signed when we started rebuilding the team in 2008 and he has done a sterling job for us over the years. I'll also miss his Mam and Dad who were avid supporters of the club it will be odd not to hear his mam's South African accent shouting "Go Park" on a match day. 

Mountain Man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 09:17
Yea, good luck, Ralph. A great servant and player at Mowden and a fantastic bloke. Go Park Go!
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 12:20
Rob Knox (centre/wing) joins Moseley from Coventry, as hinted at on Championship signings and departures thread.

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 18:50
Like I said - not a hint 😉
Anyway, Rob will be missed at the BPA, but he'll soon become a firm favourite at yours.
See you when you com back up...
Our City,
Our Club
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 19:02
The club insist that nothing is confirmed until they announce it.  We got caught out a year or two ago when one of the Armitage clan - can't remember whether it was Zeppo or Gummo - told us he was re-signing only to let us down at the last minute and sign for Plymouth.  So caution is understandable.

Edited by CJB1 - 10 Jun 2022 at 19:02
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 19:26
I learned many years ago they are not signed for us until they cross the white line.
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 14:15
Mose announce that Sam Pointon (wing/fly half/scrum half) is staying with the club next season.  This is good news as he'd been voted as Player of the Season by the coaches and supporters, and might have been thought to be under the radar of other clubs.

Edited by CJB1 - 17 Jun 2022 at 15:23
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 20:40
I wish I was posting a retention from DMP; unfortunately the disappointing news is that one for top performances over last few seasons Mr Euan McKirdy has chosen to pursue their career elsewhere 

Best of luck Sir, I hope I speak for all in well wishers and opportunities to return to the club in the future 
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:22
Moseley confirm re-signings of Ben Palmer and Dan Lewis, both fly-halves.
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:57
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Moseley confirm re-signings of Ben Palmer and Dan Lewis, both fly-halves.

Dan had a huge impact - ten games at the back end of the season, 92 points. If Ben hadn't got injured against Blackheath in September I really think our season would have been very different. The gap between him being injured and Dan arriving really hurt us.
keep the faith
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 13:39
Dan was not shabby when he played for us. Good to hear he has a berth for another season.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 14:58
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Dan was not shabby when he played for us. Good to hear he has a berth for another season.
And still has his day job at Cov too.
Our City,
Our Club
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:04
Moseley confirm retention of props Ethan Priest, David Langley, James Tideswell, Joe Foreman and Jide Ajayi.
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 14:46
Ben Robbins from Richmond to Esher
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 14:51
Originally posted by Pistacio Pistacio wrote:

Ben Robbins from Richmond to Esher
Position, for those of us not in the loop?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic