National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship 2022-2023 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship 2022-2023 signings and departures
    Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 07:59
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

TRP have Tom Collins joining Ealing.

Impressive signing.

Only until the end of the 22/23 season then?
But that season has finished??
Which would make you wonder why this has been posted in last season's Signings thread. No?

Oops...
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 21:53

Impressive signing.

Which would make you wonder why this has been posted in last season's Signings thread. No?
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 20:24

Impressive signing.

Understatement
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 17:29

Impressive signing.

Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 17:19

Impressive signing.

Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 16:17

Do Ealing have any income, or is it just a wealthy benefactor? kinda fearing another potential collapse in the making here.

Trailfinders owner is their backer.
Multi millionaire.

I'm not over the details.

My recollection (from the details I get as a club member yearly) is that Ealing Trailfinders get their funding in such a way from their main benefactor (Sir Mike Gooley) that they aren't accruing debt. I believe total debt was c.£100k last time I checked. I'd note that Vallis Way generates a very nice income, constantly being used for training, and used frequently for events. One example being the NFL renting it for an American Football event recently. Unfortunately, they did lose a very nice income when London Broncos moved out. Back in their last year of Superleague, Ealing actually made a tiny profit. I know that there are some other folks who know the details better. My understanding is that provisions have been made for the club in the medium term when the inevitable happens.
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 16:00

Do Ealing have any income, or is it just a wealthy benefactor? kinda fearing another potential collapse in the making here.

Trailfinders owner is their backer.
Multi millionaire.

I'm not over the details.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 15:33
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 14:59
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 10:53
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 14:14
Blues sign James Fish (hooker) from Saints permanently.
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:42
Nottingham’s leavers list is up. 

Callum Allen 
Lewis Barratt
Ben Betts 
Ross Bundy
Carl Kirwan 
Jack Neville 
James Peachey
Liam Slatem
Toby Williams 

No indication about where any of them are off to but there’s at least one retirement. 

Edited by maire23 - 26 Apr 2023 at 14:20
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:32
https://twitter.com/scarlets_rugby/status/1650831828813578240/photo/1

Tomi Lewis heading back to Scarlets
Confirmation that Tomi Lewis will soon be heading back to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 after earning a top-flight opportunity with his former club, following some great displays for the Reds. But not yet - he has business to attend to in 🇯🇪 before he goes! Congrats Tomi!

Edited by corporalcarrot - 26 Apr 2023 at 11:36
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 19:27
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

According to social media Billy Twelvetrees is joining Ealing for next season.

I wonder if this depends on a couple of things happening:

1 If Ealing beat Jersey tomorrow and if they then win their final game of the season and therefore are crowned the winners of this year's Championship.

2 Ealing are then allowed promotion to the Premiership next season.

Some big ifs in there. But I have been encouraged today to read that the RFU Council have announced that one club will definitely be relegated from the Championship this season. Perhaps they can now confirm whether Ealing or Jersey can be promoted, and whether Wasps are playing in the Championship next season. Come on, RFU Council, break a leg and provide some clarification, preferably before the new season starts.

Cherub. (don't shoot the messenger!) - there was clarity on this a few weeks ago, it's the Prem's decision, not the RFU's, about who comes up & it was determined that only Donny's ground passed the audit; Ealing's didn't pass and no other clubs applied. Don't believe there's been any proposal on this matter for the RFU Council, therefore can't see any possibility that it will change. Ealing & Jersey have at least known the score for some weeks, unlikely the 2 teams at the bottom, who knew relegation about 2 hours ago! Confused

Thanks for the clarity., Islander.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 18:48
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

1 If Ealing beat Jersey tomorrow and if they then win their final game of the season and therefore are crowned the winners of this year's Championship.

Some big ifs in there. But I have been encouraged today to read that the RFU Council have announced that one club will definitely be relegated from the Championship this season. Perhaps they can now confirm whether Ealing or Jersey can be promoted, and whether Wasps are playing in the Championship next season. Come on, RFU Council, break a leg and provide some clarification, preferably before the new season starts.

Cherub. (don't shoot the messenger!) - there was clarity on this a few weeks ago, it's the Prem's decision, not the RFU's, about who comes up & it was determined that only Donny's ground passed the audit; Ealing's didn't pass and no other clubs applied. Don't believe there's been any proposal on this matter for the RFU Council, therefore can't see any possibility that it will change. Ealing & Jersey have at least known the score for some weeks, unlikely the 2 teams at the bottom, who knew relegation about 2 hours ago! Confused
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 16:23

Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 10:36
Trailfinder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 19:57
Tizzano was player of the season for me, I can understand the dissatisfaction at no promotion but to not finish the season especially the Jersey clash is poor form. I suspect that was probably why he wasn’t being picked recently (same for some other high profile omissions?). 

Also I suspect it means that the Ospreys rumours were nothing more than a negotiation tactic for the welsh region with the WRFU. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 15:21
Leatigaga has left Tigers to go in the same direction and circumstances, injury cover was quoted as the reason.
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 14:00
Why was Tizzano not the starting 7 all season? He's been quality for ET. Has been injured post-Xmas?

A rapid departure like that might suggests personal reasons, or he just wants more games before the off season as they're only 2 months into their season over there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic