National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Welcome to CALDY Rugby Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 20:16
Originally posted by Cov kid 42 Cov kid 42 wrote:

My memory of visiting Caldy is vivid
Cov clinching promotion back to the Championship.
Cold, snowy day, only place to do commentary for local radio behind the goalposts.
Cov scored all but 1 try attacking '' our end '' When in the second half a try was scored 90 metres away, twitter confirmed the name of the scorer !
Memories come flooding back, not forgotten easily !!!

What you wouldn't have known Cov Kid was that Saturday was meant to be a free weekend and foollishly about a dozen of the 1st team squad including circa 8 or 9 starters had pre booked a stag weekend and when this rearranged fixture was then pencilled in...consternation! 

The team that played a very good Coventry side was mostly Caldy's second xv. Caldy feared a terrible shellacking but after conceding some 40+ points in the first half they rallied in the 2nd half (and Cov almost certainly took their foot off the peddle) and Caldy got a few scores back. The final score was almost respectable given the circumstances...

Caldy are likely to play their 1st xv against Cov in this coming season...........only fair as Caldy's 2nd xv are on a 45+ game winning streak and it wouldn't be sporting to take undue advantage .

Edited by Big Eddie - 16 Jun 2022 at 20:20
''The future isn't what it used to be''
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 21:15
Originally posted by Geoff DC Geoff DC wrote:

What is there in the way of reasonably priced hotels for those making the long trek up from Cornwall ??

If the Wirral doesn't tickle your fancy, book yourself into somewhere in Chester Wink
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 14:31
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Could someone from Caldy help? Should the first syllable of your name be pronounced to rhyme with 'haul' or with 'hal'?

In January it's 'hel', to rhyme with hell as the wind cuts in from the Irish Sea and the sleet hits you horizontally!

Are these the opening lines from the Caldy rap?
Tackle Low!!!!!
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 14:34
How easy is it to get to the Caldy ground from central Liverpool? 
I had a look on Google Maps and it seems to hint there’s a bus from West Kirby station or am I just best off getting a taxi the whole way or even from Birkenhead? 
I’m disabled so I can’t walk huge distances hence I’m asking about transport. I’m staying next to Lime Street station so I can get to whichever station. I used to live in Liverpool so I’m fine on that side of the water but I don’t know the Wirral too well. 
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 15:15
If you can get to the underground station attached to Lime Street you can get a train to West Kirby they run quite frequently, You would need to get a taxi from West Kirby as the Bus route is very infrequent. Alternatively get off at Hamilton Square Birkenhead and get a taxi , however it is going to be much more expensive. It is just a matter of picking up a taxi from West Kirby Station. From West Kirby it is only 15 minutes by Taxi.
I suggest you book ahead to ensure that the taxi will be at West Kirby station when you arrive Phone 0151 201 1111 .Train journey time from Lime street approx. 33 minutes 

Edited by workerbee - 29 Jun 2022 at 09:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic