National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Fixture Release Day 11am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fixture Release Day 11am
    Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 09:10
Today is the fixture release day - 11am
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:33
Also announced by Coventry for 11:00
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:50
Yes, Jersey Reds aiming for 11am too - almost like clubs were working together on this... Wink

Edited by islander - 24 Jun 2022 at 10:51
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:05
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:22
Ealing away first game and home for last game - real lack of imagination in the draw. Two away games to start both long journeys - can we not get H / A eat sleep rave repeat throughout the season. 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:30
In a league with an even number of teams you have to build in 2 away on the trot and 2 home on the trot even though Home, Away, Home, Away etc would be nice. Bit tricky to explain but, for example, if the block of 6 at home first up were all away the following week and that continued through the season then there's no way that block of 6 would ever play each other (ditto the block of 6 away) so my first sentence applies. Fairly simple once the penny drops!? 

Edited by Thatbloke - 24 Jun 2022 at 13:12
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 13:01
True enough Wink

But we seem (my perspective) to get that regularly at the start. And 2 long ish trips (I know unfortunately for Pirates all sways days are long ish) a Nottingham/ Coventry / Caldy would be nice after a longer trip

Edited by castleparknight - 24 Jun 2022 at 13:02
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 14:41
No fixtures Easter Weekend…disgraceful, are we going to have to spend Easter on DiY, Gardening getting Huckleberryly Pear on our own.

Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 15:08
Looks that way, sadly.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 15:13
Welcome to the community game. Don't you know that the players want fewer matches and more time with their families. So club budgets have to be sacrificed.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 15:26
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Welcome to the community game. Don't you know that the players want fewer matches and more time with their families. So club budgets have to be sacrificed.

But unlike the rest of the ‘community’ half the clubs benefit from a Boxing Day game.
No ‘New Year’ fixture, Easter weekend. The latter two might not get the numbers of Boxing  Day, but still might generate a few more entries than a regular Saturday.

Of course clubs should be grateful to have at least three cup games, always generates a couple of passers by.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 15:43
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Ealing away first game and home for last game - real lack of imagination in the draw. Two away games to start both long journeys - can we not get H / A eat sleep rave repeat throughout the season. 

so 2 of the leading teams, perhaps the 2 favourites for the title who were 'last men standing' in 21/22 are drawn to play each other in potentially pivotal final game, with perhaps promotion at stake if their grounds have been deemed compliant by then?! Jeez, you really can't please some people... Ermm
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 17:14
My only gripe is the lack of boxing day fixtures. Wife's family celebrates on Christmas eve, so no attending that match. Again.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 17:36
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

so 2 of the leading teams, perhaps the 2 favourites for the title who were 'last men standing' in 21/22 are drawn to play each other in potentially pivotal final game, with perhaps promotion at stake if their grounds have been deemed compliant by then?! Jeez, you really can't please some people... Ermm

I think there are three other teams, at least, who are vying for top spot. But I hear you, it could be an exciting finish if that is the case 😁
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 19:10
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

My only gripe is the lack of boxing day fixtures. Wife's family celebrates on Christmas eve, so no attending that match. Again.
Get over it mate if that's your only gripe life and rugby are just fine. Its raining in St Ouen and I spent a boring afternoon pruning vines!

Edited by corporalcarrot - 24 Jun 2022 at 19:13
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 19:18

My gripe is the team we play on Boxing Day, would have been better for it to be someone else other than Ampthill, but I guess they are all local ish fixtures? Haven’t looked.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 19:27

What I gather Bedford are playing Boxing Day.

Are other clubs still playing Christmas Eve?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 21:43
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

My gripe is the team we play on Boxing Day, would have been better for it to be someone else other than Ampthill, but I guess they are all local ish fixtures? Haven’t looked.
 Two other fixtures
Mond v Scottish
Notts v Coventry 

So I guess it’s trying to be localish
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 11:15
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

What I gather Bedford are playing Boxing Day.

Are other clubs still playing Christmas Eve?

As I understand it, matches in Round 11 may be played Fri 23 Dec, Sat 24 or Mon 26. Perhaps even Tue (also a BH) 27 as well, altho' not sure why you'd wait that long...
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 12:32
I certainly won't be going to Nottingham, whichever day it's played, but hopefully next season's equivalent will be Cov vs Mose, which would be played to a packed house.
Over to you, Moseley (so long as we avoid relegation, of course...).
Our City,
Our Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic