National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional 1 South East 2022/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 23:14
WP were outstanding today, from minute 1 they blew Col and dominate pretty much every facet of play, probably the best performance I’ve seen there in a long while 
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 01:11
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

And same to you guys today James. Looks like a point seal's it?
Guess you'll be glued to the Twitter feed Carlos, but I have a feeling you won't need to. 
Best of luck.
The older I get, the better I was.
pmarsh224 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmarsh224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 09:31
Major wake up call after last week, by far the best performance of the season and as you say maybe a good few seasons before that. Congratulations all round. New coaching structure has paid dividends.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 11:30
No doubt whatsoever about the new coaching structure - All Ex-Combe players and a returning old coach too, and I do recall an infamous game at Southend when he came on as a sub and scored a try, 
Happy days are here again. 

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 05 Mar 2023 at 11:32
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:57
Twitter feeds for the Hertford and Sidcup games will be in full flow today I guess.

carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:17
Expecting a big and very noisy crowd.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 11:22
Surviving ended up being easy for you Carlos - What were you worried about a few weeks back ?Smile
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 12:56
hahah. LOL

Well it was a big crowd but honestly one of the dreariest games I had the misfortune to witness. The news from your game may have taken some of the intensity out of it (the half time score was announced about 30 minutes into our game) but after what they've been through I'll let our guys off-a bit.

I won't forgive the 4 or 5 efforts at a rolling maul, including backs, that merely resulted in Medway getting the ball back.  Still, it makes next weeks game meaningless which is a relief.

Fingers crossed for a more Hertford-like season next time. We are particularly hoping we get Letchworth into the league. Their coach is a legend at Hoe Lane and was in the front row alongside our current coach.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 15:59

hahah. LOL

Well it was a big crowd but honestly one of the dreariest games I had the misfortune to witness. The news from your game may have taken some of the intensity out of it (the half time score was announced about 30 minutes into our game) but after what they've been through I'll let our guys off-a bit.

I won't forgive the 4 or 5 efforts at a rolling maul, including backs, that merely resulted in Medway getting the ball back.  Still, it makes next weeks game meaningless which is a relief.

Fingers crossed for a more Hertford-like season next time. We are particularly hoping we get Letchworth into the league. Their coach is a legend at Hoe Lane and was in the front row alongside our current coach.

From my estimations based on the map, we will lose Civil Service and Harpenden and they will be replaced by Hammersmith and Letchworth. 
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 16:30
I think both relegated teams will be dropping into South East so Hammersmith and Civil Service will go South Central along with Horsham who are also coming up.  But I could be wrong!
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 17:05

hahah. LOL

I might have to visit Hertfordshire next season. Bedford Ath have done what I expected maybe more.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 19:21
Tring may be looking quite nervously at the map.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 03:48

Would be more likely to move from Herts.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 06:59

Mind you, if you look at the map on Wikipedia for the league, Bedford might even get sucked in too.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 09:17
Who knows, I believe the plan is to throw all the clubs locations into the computer and redraw all the leagues to minimize travel. So it is quite possible the lines around the middle of the country will fall somewhere else entirely. Though those at the extremities will almost certainly see less change.
Sweeney Delenda Est
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 20:08
League concluded this weekend with a couple of games to catch up. Colchester’s end of season dip continues as they were well beaten by a resurgent Hertford, who ended up staying up with ease. Expect Hertford to be more competitive next year. That result allowed Shelford to take second spot behind WP. 

TW end of season form alluded them as they were beaten at relegated Medway, who depart along with Sidcup. 

Anyone’s thoughts on the league this year? Seems a shame to be done after just 22 games IMO.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 21:34
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

League concluded this weekend with a couple of games to catch up. Colchester’s end of season dip continues as they were well beaten by a resurgent Hertford, who ended up staying up with ease. Expect Hertford to be more competitive next year. That result allowed Shelford to take second spot behind WP. 

TW end of season form alluded them as they were beaten at relegated Medway, who depart along with Sidcup. 

Anyone’s thoughts on the league this year? Seems a shame to be done after just 22 games IMO.

The Pizza Cup to come (optional)

Would you prefer 14 teams and four more games?

I agree 22 games is not many, means a bad start can almost ruin a season. However the number of local games seems to have increased away support. Although as Ath are the second club in Bedford I don’t do away days with Blues having 14 home games and Ath 11.
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 22:08
Yea I think 26 games is right, 14 and 4 more league games. If player welfare was one of the main drivers then fair enough, have a few more break and finish in April with 22, however would rather 26 league games than 22 plus a Cup competition. 

Ath have been good this year, one of the best players in the league on the wing 
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 07:34
The winger ? Electric player absolutely would be in my team of the season. mind you I remember our second row putting one of the biggest hits I've seen at this level to stop him scoring a certain try the audible oooffff from the Bedford crowd.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 09:55
Originally posted by Happy Happy wrote:

The winger ? Electric player absolutely would be in my team of the season. mind you I remember our second row putting one of the biggest hits I've seen at this level to stop him scoring a certain try the audible oooffff from the Bedford crowd.
Would be interesting to name a team of the season ( without having any players from the team you support ) 
Would you like to start off Happy with a new topic ? 

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 20 Mar 2023 at 09:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic