National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional 1 South East 2022/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 11:13
Hearing some chatter, some clubs have players still on summer holidays.

Looking forward to new beginnings.
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 17:17
I couldn't make it to the Hertford/TW game Saturday, post luncheon nap went on longer than expected. The chum I was meeting told me to go back to sleep as we were dire, so I duly obliged. A lot of young lads in our set up still getting to grips with the league.

Expect us to get better as the weeks go by.

WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 04:21
Originally posted by Happy Happy wrote:

Stags seem to be improving, Sudbury yesterday play some great rugby really attacking style 
You're right about taking a few weeks to see where the league lies as absolutely no idea on some of the sides this year such as harpenden Bedford etc and for that reason I don't think the team to beat will be known till November time 

Based on yesterday's result, CS Stags appear to be improving each and every week at a rate of knots. 

The older I get, the better I was.
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 05:56
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

Based on yesterday's result, CS Stags appear to be improving each and every week at a rate of knots. 

0-13 at H/t yesterday, and honestly I fully expected TW to step up in the second half. Play was fairly even in the first half.

10-15 mins in to the second half though and a switch flicked. Over the course of the game we had two yellows and a red, which aren't really indicative of our typical play. The ref wasn't a fan, and although we clearly didn't deserve to win based on overall play, the final score wasn't a reflection on the relative strength of the teams based on 15 v 15. Our three matches so far have seen a different style of TW side each week. I'm hoping to see more of the side who played Hertford last week as the season progresses. We shall see.

Stags are definitely improved on last season though. It'll be interesting to see how they do over the coming weeks.

WP still the team to beat by the looks of it!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 10:47
Thanks Bruce, I've always said the team to beat is your next opponent, which just happens to be you guys, so look forward to seeing you and Nick probably.
Who was your referee ? 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:26
Am past the point of trying to predict the results of our games, but enjoy reading what other supporters may have to say about this week's (or subsequent week's) fixtures.

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 23 Sep 2022 at 12:35
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 14:25
WCP have started well Ranger, must be pleased? 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 15:19
In short, yes the results have been good but, as ever, there are aspects that  can be improved upon as the season goes by. Early days yet, and the promoted teams, probably, are still getting used to playing at this level. It will be even more interesting when they do. Of the teams we've played so far, Sudbury have impressed me the most. Not that big, but very well organised, and speed everywhere.

Who is your team ? East Kent is a pretty big area to stab a guess at. 
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 16:03
I’ll be at Merton Lane tomorrow, watching behind the curtain Ermm
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 16:42
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

Am past the point of trying to predict the results of our games, but enjoy reading what other supporters may have to say about this week's (or subsequent week's) fixtures.

With the increase in clubs at this level, predicting has the difficulty of not knowing how all the promoted clubs will adjust. 

A relatively short trip for Bedford Ath as they go to Shelford. Three games in, Ath are capable of picking up a BP. Shelford are higher up, but results suggest a tight game.

This of course will all go completely different to how I imagine.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 16:52
Bedford looked to have been unlucky with some of the results, fine margins to lose by !!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 21:52
Its still too early to say anything meaningful I think. But WP have made a good start
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 23:30
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

I’ll be at Merton Lane tomorrow, watching behind the curtain Ermm
I wish you well in the bigger of the Kent derbies tomorrow, 
Were you at the pre-season game we played there ?

PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:32
Yes, I thought WP played well that evening, the last time I saw them was against Sevenoaks this time last year and there was a marked improvement. Our tight 5 was a bit to powerful but you played some good rugby. I take a keen interest with WP with our ex-coaches now involved, and have enjoyed a good rivalry with WP down the years. Wish you well.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:25
Thank you.
Update on last night's result CS Stags 11 Tring 13
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 09:36
This weekend's fixtures may give a further insight as to how the league is shaping up. 
Bedford Ath v Hertford
Colchester v Shelford
Harpenden v CS Stags
Medway v Sudbury
Tring v Westcombe Park 
Tunbridge Wells v Sidcup

Have to say that after watching Tunbridge Wells last week, am surprised they sit where they are, but a nice little local derby game could be just the tonic they need. 
Any views anybody ? 
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 13:00
It’s Ladies Day at Bedford Blues (Pinks) but before clocks change they host Westcombe Park…so a clear route, I will be the one in the Argos uniform after work for that match.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 17:40
Regret that's one that I can't get to. And I miss the uniform !

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 29 Sep 2022 at 17:47
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 09:51
That's the end of the first block of matches some "interesting" results this week Shocked Tring gave WP a very thorough examination yesterday by all accounts. 
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 09:53
Was anyone at the Bedford/Hertford match yesterday?

I'd be interested in some feedback on the match, or team selection issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic