National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional 1 South East 2022/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 09:55
Am waiting for Kempstonblue to wake up and realise the score wasn't a dream. 
And similar from Bruce at TW ?

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 02 Oct 2022 at 09:56
The older I get, the better I was.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:05
Medway turning over Sudbury is also worth a mention!
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:22
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

And similar from Bruce at TW ?

We clicked. Better discipline, fewer pens. Set pieces all fired well. Backs given plenty of opportunity to use their pace.

15-3 towards the end of the first half. Try from Sidcup 15-10... and as someone that's watched pretty much every match over recent seasons, there was a part of me that wondered how we'd react... but with two quick tries taking it to 29-10 at half time it left us well placed for the second half.

It was a good team performance... the performance that those of us who watch us week in week out knew was in there... we just need it every week now!

I'm looking forward to the WP/Shelford showdown on the 29th! If I wasn't watching us play Colchester that day I'd be tempted to come and watch.

Edited by BruceElliott - 02 Oct 2022 at 12:23
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 20:38
Sadly no.

But as I left Bedford Blues v Caldy, a glance at Twitter made me wish I could have had a time machine and have been a mile away.

The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 09:45
I anticipated the match report being one of virtual one-way traffic, and that was it.
Having anticipated pre-season, Hertford to be one of the front runners, I now wonder whether Bedford are exceptionally good or Hertford just struggling to come to grips with all the changes in personnel (on and off the pitch).
Good to see T.Wells jump back on the horse, and Medway winning too.
Sidcup appear to have lost their way a bit (please excuse my Kentish bias) 
Lots more rugby still to be played and as it's a tight league, a wider view can be had after everyone has played each other.
Worst thing is we have a free weekend. 
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 13:58

Worst thing is we have a free weekend. 

I get the idea of player welfare, but it does feel after 5 matches, new leagues beginning to pan out, a bit sad we have a break.

Not sure if their is any real rugby on tv, except for the breakaway game with 13 players a side.

The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 16:02
There is the Women's World Cup on ITV and ITV 4
The premiership UFC and French leagues if you have the right pay TV channels.

The championship (I might have to get back to you on that)

Scottish S6 on the BBC website.

And of course you can catch up on highlights from this week in the national leagues on the excellent round up show on YouTube.

Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 19:11
Always a fountain of information, thank you Camquin. I forgot our 2s have a rearranged game.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 00:32
A couple of surprise results yesterday, with Hertford turning over previously unbeaten Shelford and Tunbridge Wells backing up kast week's victory with a comfortable looking win awat at Sudbury, 
Mention also to Sidcup for nearly turning Tring over (29-30)
Anyone care to throw some light on any of the games they watched.
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 07:40
I didn't go yesterday as wasn't feeling too great but it's no secret that we have had a difficult start. For one reason or another we have had to rebuild our entire first team squad (not financial I'm pleased to say).  An untimely spate of injuries meant that some very young and inexperienced players have been used. 
Our new coach and d.o.r. (or whatever his title is) are both extremely highly regarded by the club and supporters so fingers crossed they will work some magic and get us up the table.
Probably too late to think about promotion but blind faith and optimism aren't the only things making me think we will be comfortable by Christmas. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 08:31
Thanks Carlos, I did notice you had a couple of players (one of which is a current international) making their debuts and a return of a stalwart after a year of injury woes. Still a big turnaround though and good for confidence. I'll look out for the match report during the week sometime ( yours and theirs - which usually differ )

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 16 Oct 2022 at 09:45
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 08:54

Tunbridge Wells backing up kast week's victory with a comfortable looking win awat at Sudbury...
Anyone care to throw some light on any of the games they watched.

Early try from TW, and a really clinical first 30, with Sudbury being forced into errors and giving away pens. Set the tone, but with a change or two in our pack Sudbury gained confidence and tightened things up in the second half. Defensively we were strong throughout. Last season would have seen us shipping more points in the last 20. This is much closer to the team we want to be. 

Overall, looking at results it seems almost anyone can beat anyone... with the exception of WP.  Come through this batch of 5 unbeaten (and there are a couple of potential banana skins in there) and you'll definitely be strong favourites for the title.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 09:16
Think getting 40 points and safety is the first target LOL
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 09:41
Looking at the next five fixtures you appear to have an opportunity to really build and crack on, but as you say, everyone is capable of beating everyone one else. As I've said before the most important game is the next one, and see where that takes you - They are all potential banana skins, the most dangerous ones being local derbies. 
Best of luck. 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 10:40
The twitter feed during a game from Shelford is usually excellent. Congrats to whoever does it. Their fingers must never stop.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 11:27
I was following it yesterday the last 10 min gave a real idea how much Hertford were fighting (literally)LOLLOLLOL
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 11:39
Well as you know always a warm welcome at Hoe Lane. Wink

But after a mauling like we got a couple of weeks ago, the reaction from the team was outstanding.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 11:49
I have to say I backed you to win that one with Sir_Q as thought you'd have a massive reaction, well played and good to see 
secondrow View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 18:49
We lost a number of senior players at the end of last season, and this season so far we have had 20 debutants most of them being ex academy players,  good for the future but worrying for this season. We also have had a number of long term injuries, Yesterday against Shelford we got a number of our big players back and it showed. The game was right in the balance until the last play of the game when we broke out of our 22 and went the whole length of the field to score in the corner. If we can keep putting this team out and get a couple more players back we should move up the table. It also helped it was the VP lunch so a good and  noisy crowd!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 23:36
Well beating the team in 2nd place is a pretty big statement, so don't worry too much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic