National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional 1 South East 2022/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 16:18
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

Am I being a bit daft here?

Are we saying that at L5, even if you finish 4th from bottom you might get relegated a level because of where you are whereas the team that comes 3rd bottom isn't for the same reason?

Pretty sure that it is a straight 2 down from each L5 league and a 1 up from each L6 league - the L6 leagues will then be redrawn to minimise travel. Same with L4 dropping to L5.

PS sorry I totally failed on the prediction league thing - useless!
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 16:47
I always tell the kids at my school that there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Guess I got that one wrong!  Embarrassed
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 20:53
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

That would seem to make sense too but do you mean Guernsey ?

No, Jersey RFC (not Jersey Reds). Did you know they put Athletic in L7?

Edited by Robb - 24 Jan 2023 at 21:37
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 23:37
No I didn't but would have thought they should be higher than that considering the level the Reds play at. 
The older I get, the better I was.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 08:18

No I didn't but would have thought they should be higher than that considering the level the Reds play at. 

I guess they were stuck with that old "No 2nd XVs above Level 7" decree. Which is why they have done a London Welsh/London Irish and split off their amateur arm as a legally separate club.
pmarsh224 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmarsh224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 08:41
WP gain their furst Losing Bonus Point of the season,,,, been a long time coming… sorry don’t mean to be flippant. Apparently Shelford were very good. Tho WP had 2 x good chances being over the line but missing out.

Fantastic result for Medway, not many teams will win at Tring this season,,, is this what you call New Coach Bounce,,,
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 18:41
Originally posted by @boatyjames @boatyjames wrote:

Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

Am I being a bit daft here?

Are we saying that at L5, even if you finish 4th from bottom you might get relegated a level because of where you are whereas the team that comes 3rd bottom isn't for the same reason?

Pretty sure that it is a straight 2 down from each L5 league and a 1 up from each L6 league - the L6 leagues will then be redrawn to minimise travel. Same with L4 dropping to L5.

PS sorry I totally failed on the prediction league thing - useless!

If only 1 down from champ then there is a trickle effect.
Instead of 6 down from L4, it will only be 5.
L5 will still push 6 up.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:24
As far as I'm aware, the plan has always been one down from the Championship and one up from Nat1.  Then three down from Nat 1, replaced by the winners of the three leagues at Nat2.  Not sure where you're seeing a reduction...?
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 23:03
Friday 3 Feb

It’s Rugby under the lights in Bedford.
Bedford Blues in Championship Cup. (Can’t get enthusiastic over the Cup). 
Bedford Ath v Shelford in a league match. It’s Ath tomorrow for me.
The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 23:35
Bedford Ath 29
Shelford 15

A good away support for a Friday Night. For Aths first competitive league match under floodlights at Putnoe Woods.

Leaves both clubs with 4 matches to the end of the league season.

WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 08:40
Was it a good game ? 
The older I get, the better I was.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 22:35

Was it a good game ? 

It wasn’t pretty.
Ath came into the game having not beaten a team higher than them in the league. 

Both teams were scrapping, literally at times. Removing a lot of flow, as both teams were frequently penalised.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 08:19
A very exciting match between Tunbridge Wells and Tring yesterday. Great comeback from TW from 20+ points down
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 08:47
Morning all,

The league is very close at top and bottom now, with some big games coming up at both ends of the table.

That got me wondering if 22 matches are enough at this level? A few teams will be finished by early March. This must have quite some affect on club revenues and keeping players involved in the club.

Would it have been better to have 13 team leagues with 24 games and every team getting a bye week?  Should we have stayed with what we had and 26 games in 14 team leagues?

Be interested to know what people think. 

Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 13:15
Isn't that the reason why we have the cup competitions?
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 15:48
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

If a club opted in earlier in the season and it only guarantees 1 home match back for the 2 lost during the league reshuffle. If a clubs lucky, they'll get 2 and a nice run but I did think it was poor that they cut the league sizes at Level 5.
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:04
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

If a club opted in earlier in the season and it only guarantees 1 home match back for the 2 lost during the league reshuffle. If a clubs lucky, they'll get 2 and a nice run but I did think it was poor that they cut the league sizes at Level 5.

Highest finishing clubs in each pool get 2 home a birdie tells me...
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 19:53
Originally posted by Lord_Kitchener Lord_Kitchener wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Highest finishing clubs in each pool get 2 home a birdie tells me...

That would make sense. But it almost gives incentives for clubs to sandbag at the end of the season. When they know they can't get promotion, instead of trying to finish as high as they can, they'll try to aim to hover around the top of the Plate or Bowl so they get the incentive (if that's true)
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 21:00
I'm trying to write a piece about the cup for the programme for our final.home game of the season, but I don't think I can explain it clearly and succinctly.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 21:07

I'm trying to write a piece about the cup for the programme for our final.home game of the season, but I don't think I can explain it clearly and succinctly.

All clubs who choose to enter play in a pool of 4 against the teams that finished in a roughly equivalent position in South East/Central/South West (and same in the north). (2 South Pools and 2 North Pools) They play each other once with 1 guaranteed home game in the pool stage. Pool winners play-off in the semi-final against fellow South pool winners and then play the North champions at some big venue (Twickers for the Teams in the Top 2, unknow for the others)

I think thats as clear as we can put it based on what we know so far. Oh, but the clubs will get a free 50% off Papa John's code that earns money for the club if people order Papa John's pizza using that!

Edited by Robb - 16 Feb 2023 at 21:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic