National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 15:03
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

We don't pay our players nor do we pay our coaches, we tried that donkeys years ago and the club nearly went jugs up ! I remember when my boy was playing for the club and  for several seasons trying to ask for £3 for a program that let you into the stand on match days! Blimey it was murder I can tell you!
We haven't  got a " money man" but just look at where we are without all of that, we get a decent crowd on a Saturday who are very thirsty and chuck a fair few quid behind the bar and our superb clubhouse  is hired out regularly
Don't get me wrong I'd  love it for our players and coaches to get a few quid, they deserve it....but it just ain't there to be had, what boils my pee is when some club's say they don't pay but we all know they do by various "pretend" coach methods etc. Anyway I digress
If we tried to charge £7.50 for people to get into hooks lane then you'd get told to "F" off... or something similarly spiceyBig smile

Havant pay their players. I know that for a fact.

Very nice ground and a great club set up.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 15:24
Dropout 22
Your first sentence is OH SO WRONG.. Make me laugh by telling me who gets paid and how much 🤦‍♂️

Your second sentence  is OH SO RIGHT
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 15:25
I love this 'I know more about what's going on at your club than you do'.  Frankly, I don't give a hoot who pays players and who doesn't, as long as they're living within their means - I don't want another club to go through what we've been through, as most clubs don't have the support base to enable them to rebuild the way that we have.  And it annoys me that I have to keep clarifying our amateur status, especially for those who think that the only reason their teammates are dropping down a level is because they're getting paid to do so, or that winning promotion is proof that you pay players.

Edited by Mark W-J - 09 Aug 2022 at 15:44
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 09:55

On Monday 8 August at a meeting of the RFU ACMSC (Adult Competitions Management Sub Committee) called to consider a request by London & SE ROC to postpone all games on the 3 September the decision was deferred by one week to Monday 15th August.

The RFU will be making further announcements via game updates during this week.

Please refer to your League Secretary, Constituent Body Representatives on the ROC or Council Members for more information.

Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 11:54
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

On Monday 8 August at a meeting of the RFU ACMSC (Adult Competitions Management Sub Committee) called to consider a request by London & SE ROC to postpone all games on the 3 September the decision was deferred by one week to Monday 15th August.

Please refer to your League Secretary, Constituent Body Representatives on the ROC or Council Members for more information.

National League matches will go ahead unless a pitch inspection, under the existing RFU Rules, deems the pitch unplayable.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 15:39
I can only assume this is because of the dry weather and hosepipe ban affecting hard pitches ,but even so, surely this is a bit early to predict the weather in 3 to 4 weeks time...or at any stage in England?
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 16:38
The issue is not just about the pitchss on Sept 3rd ;some clubs will not have been able to play any pre season friendlies
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 16:44
Yes, it’s the dry weather and lack of rain. Ironically our main pitch has been relaid with a sprinkler system this summer but the grass growth has been restricted so we are cancelling anything due before 10th September. We have 2 other pitches that have had drainage put in them LOLLOL and the grass has yet to grow back, 2 more which have not been watered and are like concrete. Our new 6th pitch has been delayed until the ground is soft enough to dig!!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 20:19
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

That's probably for the best as those with 4G pitches (or their friendly opponents) would be at a bit of an advantage over those who had no pre-season
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 17:14
Royal Wootton Bassett are charging £5, which includes a programme:
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 19:49
I was wondering, looking at the lower leagues, it seems that Jersey Athletic have done a London Irish/London Welsh and split from their parents to become a legally separate club and are positioned in Counties 1 Hampshire (level 7 in old money). I wonder if they are there because of the Reds' Hampshire RFU membership or if in future, they will do a Guernsey and use Gatwick Airport as their "home" ground for geographical allocation purposes.
Stoatgobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatgobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 20:12
London Welsh played away at The Rams today in a pre season game.
Rams 35 - 17 London Welsh.
Stoatgobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatgobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 16:23
London Welsh get a victory in their final pre season game.

Ealing Academy 26 - 31 London Welsh.

Next weekend, it's the real thing.

Maidenhead v London Welsh.
Bournemouth v Royal Wootton Bassett.
Brighton v Oxford Harlequins.
Camberley v Wimbledon.
Banbury v Havant.
Bracknell v Sutton & Epsom.

Edited by Stoatgobbler - 27 Aug 2022 at 16:23
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:14
Anybody running predictions this season for R1 South Central?
We have Oxford Quin's for the 1st time (I think). 
Safe season to all involved.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 20:32
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

I was wondering, looking at the lower leagues, it seems that Jersey Athletic have done a London Irish/London Welsh and split from their parents to become a legally separate club and are positioned in Counties 1 Hampshire (level 7 in old money). I wonder if they are there because of the Reds' Hampshire RFU membership or if in future, they will do a Guernsey and use Gatwick Airport as their "home" ground for geographical allocation purposes.

Possibly both?
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:27
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Possibly both?

I thought that would be the case.
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:18

Blimey £7.50 !!!  I bet their fans love it when they go to  away matches where they'll  generally pay NOTHING such as at our place
Will be looking for a hole in the fence when I go there then😂
Hole in the fence might end up costing more than £7.50  Tony Tongue
Best of luck today
The older I get, the better I was.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:40
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

Blimey £7.50 !!!  I bet their fans love it when they go to  away matches where they'll  generally pay NOTHING such as at our place
Will be looking for a hole in the fence when I go there then😂
Hole in the fence might end up costing more than £7.50  Tony Tongue
Best of luck today
Wink will do the usual and sneak in on the team bus I reckon!
I see the fixture list came up with a cracker for combe at much loved rivals Sidcup this afternoon.. good luck..RUGBY IS BACK🏉🍻

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 03 Sep 2022 at 12:42
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 14:35
Fiver to get in at Maidenhead this afternoon.  Reckon we might have been a bit optimistic with our estimates of pricing across the league!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 21:42
First ever trip to Banbury, they've  got a decent set up. A good crowd saw a clinical performance by our boys, we took our chances well and deserved the win

Quite surprised by the Maidenhead  result !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic