National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 07:22
In retrospect, playing at a different venue at 5pm and missing the Calcutta Cup might seem an attractive option...

Still no explanation proffered as to why, with no other games outstanding, this game couldn't have been played on March 9th. I realise there've been firm instructions that the league programme has to be finished by April 6th, but there's also a further reserve weekend at Easter which I believe would be used in extremis?
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 10:18
I'm starting to get the feeling that this topic has now been dug up and  hung drawn and quartedered more times than OLIVER CROMWELL ! all it needs now is for its head to be put on a pike for 30 years. Confused
henry View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 10:51
i dont understand when there was no league programme why TW could not find 
a pitch in kent/sussex
The Inside man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Inside man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 16:34
I have heard from a source that TW are appealing the game with the RFU. I wonder what will come of it…. 
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 18:32
Originally posted by The Inside man The Inside man wrote:

I have heard from a source that TW are appealing the game with the RFU. I wonder what will come of it…. 

Havant to go on and do the double.....🧐
Thunderman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 15:03
Impressive if Havant do go on and do the double however doubt the RFU will do anything with their history of rug sweeping 

Unless quite a few clubs in the league show their support and back Tunbridge Wells, Tony may have the influence over Bill 
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 16:15
Originally posted by henry henry wrote:

i dont understand when there was no league programme why TW could not find 
a pitch in kent/sussex

I am one step removed from management of the Club, but from what I heard as it was going on there was no lack of effort in trying to find a solution that suited both parties. 

It had been really tipping it down. Turf was not an option locally. All 3G options were explored. 

TW absolutely wanted the match played, and more locally than Havant.

I've got nothing else to add beyond that. 
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 18:35
With this afternoon’s game at TW also being postponed, we should thank Havant for taking the initiative and switching the location rather than postponing last week's match. Whoever had the foresight to engineer the move to Hook's Lane has literally saved the integrity of the league. Bravo!
Wink
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 13:11
I can't believe the seasons almost over 
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 14:30
So 2 games to go....
Havant look to have the better run in.
Can Camberley get a big win vs. LW who are looking strong and take it to the last weekend of the season?
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 17:14
It would be perfect if Marlborough got a good win and Camberley/London Welsh share the spoils with bonus points to really set up the final week. We can dream from an impartial viewpoint LOL

Camberley vs London Welsh should be a very good game as they have always tended to be very physical and end to end 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 16:46
Thunderman 
SOD the impartial viewpoint ! Smile
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 16:56
Congratulations to Havant who are promoted following our win at Camberley this afternoon. Our performances have been getting better week on week since Christmas, and that's a result that will give the squad a huge amount of confidence going into next season.
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 19:08
Well done Havant, happy hunting in Nat2 next season.
Missing the HSB already, hope to see you in a couple of seasons, one way or the other 😉
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 09:16
WHAT A DAY...CHAMPIONS 🥳🥳🥳
A hard fought win in freezing cold hail stoning Marlborough 
With some brutal tackling from both sides 
LW's win at Camberley was absolutely no surprise to any of us apart from the margin in the scoreline !
To get the job done with a game to go is superb and the celebrations will continue at Horsham and beyond...can't waitTongue

First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 15:41
Congratulations Havant!!!! hopefully not too many sore heads today although with a weekend off the boys can probably let their hair down a bit and savour the moment before trying to do one better this year in the cup 

I went down to the Camberley and London Welsh game as I was able to scrounge a lift and was thoroughly impressed with London Welsh absolutely blowing them away in the first 25 minutes with only a few Camberley players running themselves into the ground and to try keep them in the game 

From that performance London Welsh look very good for next season if they can keep that squad together and exceptional backline 
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 18:37
Thunderman, totally agree with regards LW thought they looked very good this season. Jersey Reds, LWelsh & Camberley 2024/25 season all depends on who's got the £££ 😉
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 20:43
Originally posted by Karlos F Karlos F wrote:

Thunderman, totally agree with regards LW thought they looked very good this season. Jersey Reds, LWelsh & Camberley 2024/25 season all depends on who's got the £££ 😉

And of course, it'll be interesting to see how they do the geographical split of the leagues for next season. I assume for travel calculations, Jersey are going to be assumed as Heathrow Airport?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 22:38
I believe that is how they were handled in the past.
Sweeney Delenda Est
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 00:43
It’ll be nice for Jersey RFC (nb not the Reds, that entity no longer exists) to be back in level 5 next season, 16 years after last making the T6-T5 jump. No official confirmation yet as to whether we’ll be in R1SC (as many are assuming).

Would it be helpful if I cleared a few things up?:

Hub/base for travel: this has been Southampton in recent years, using Blue Islands flights & with easy access to m3/m27. That’s how we travel, with opponents offered the opportunity to do the same (but free to use Heathrow or Gatwick if they prefer). We’ve never used Heathrow as a base (in fact you couldn’t fly direct between JER & LHR for many years until the service was re-established in 2020.)

Edited by islander - 25 Mar 2024 at 00:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic