National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 17:29
Maidenhead edged the first half and then ran away with it in the final quarter. Their forwards were tiny - I reckon even after our openside was sent off our pack probably still outweighed theirs - and we completely dominated them in the scrums but lacked the imagination to do anything with the possession.  And our bulk didn't reallly help us in the latter stages, when fitness became an issue, falling off loads of tackles. Maids ran good lines (not surprising with Will Greenwood as Attack Coach) but it was like a training drill by the end.  Quick and nimble on the 4G but I think they'll struggle in three inches of mud. A rude awakening for Welsh, sets up a bottom of the table clash with RWB next week.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 20:42
Correct me if I'm wrong but maidenhead's pitch is now over ten years old and on our visit last season it looked worn out in places a fair few of our lads said it had hardly any give at all in it !

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 08 Sep 2022 at 14:49
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 09:11
A good win at the lane yesterday  against  camberley. A minutes  silence followed by a minutes applause for her majesty  was observed by the large crowd
Camberley never  got near our try line all game and their only points were penalties that we gave away!
As always it was good to speak to their salad dodging D.O.R Gareth afterwards and look forward to the return game😁  
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 17:02
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

A good win at the lane yesterday  against  camberley. A minutes  silence followed by a minutes applause for her majesty  was observed by the large crowd
Camberley never  got near our try line all game and their only points were penalties that we gave away!
As always it was good to speak to their salad dodging D.O.R Gareth afterwards and look forward to the return game😁  

Missed a good game today 🧐
Stoatgobbler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatgobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 18:43
A 22-31 loss today for London Welsh v Oxford Harlequins.

I hear our injuries included a dislocated patella and a fractured skull!

Edited by Stoatgobbler - 17 Sep 2022 at 18:43
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 08:53
KARLOS F
Yeah, missed my first game home and away since last seasons opener due to a family  wedding that I tried desperately to get out of, but the Mrs was having none of itUnhappy
I was kept in the loop by luke on our twitter feed and pete our resident stato and what a game it sounded like, from being 34-14 down at half time to nearly nick it at the end just falling short by a point at 39-38 was a great effort from our boys
Also missed out on the harveys sussex ale at Brighton and had to make do with the dishwater known as corona at the wedding!!!
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 10:56
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

KARLOS F
Yeah, missed my first game home and away since last seasons opener due to a family  wedding that I tried desperately to get out of, but the Mrs was having none of itUnhappy
I was kept in the loop by luke on our twitter feed and pete our resident stato and what a game it sounded like, from being 34-14 down at half time to nearly nick it at the end just falling short by a point at 39-38 was a great effort from our boys
Also missed out on the harveys sussex ale at Brighton and had to make do with the dishwater known as corona at the wedding!!!

Cheers, yep your lads put a shift in, in the second half.
Hope to catch you later in the season, HSB mmmmm😉
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 01:40
Apparently  BBC Radio Solent will be at our game !!   let's hope they  give us more than 10 seconds air time...about time rugby at our level was put in the spotlight
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 09:32
Even 10 seconds of rugby  would be a miracle here.
BBC 3CR, two Championship teams and the 5pm to 6pm slot football managers interviewed, up to five of them, and up to five match commentaries.
If the scores are read out, it’s a bonus.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:56
Kempston Blue

Just looked at the BBC Radio solent schedule for today and they are covering a national  league football game at 3pm (level 5 ironically!) 
So I ain't holding my breath for anything other than 
" over to hooks lane where the game has just kicked off, now back to the football" Confused
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:22
A good day under the shadow of the Kew gardens pagoda at London welsh yesterday (managed to swerve the £7.50 entrance fee and £2.50 for the programme by arriving on the team coach as per usual)
 Thanks to michael for the hospitality  and to Terwyn for  some stories of previous games in the early nineties between us and welsh, also for showing us around the trophy room. (some great history there) . Some good banter with their lot afterwards and a few beers
The highlight of the day for me was our rolling maul, welsh couldn't  cope with it at all and also coming away with a BP win

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 02 Oct 2022 at 12:23
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 13:21
Did you read a free copy of the programme, Tony? I put one little detail in it just for you 😉
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 13:58
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Did you read a free copy of the programme, Tony? I put one little detail in it just for you 😉
Hi Mark
Yeah I did catch your bit that we charged £1 entry fee for the first ever game between Welsh and Us in 1990LOL
I can neither confirm or deny that mate, a brilliant piece of digging on your part thoughWink

Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 17:14
Glad you appreciated it  - couldn't believe my luck when I found it in a pile of old press cuttings!
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 12:02
So quiet in this League…
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 08:29
I've got nothing to talk about... Cry
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 08:57
Surprised how poor London Welsh have been, although would expect them to start picking up more wins going forward, equally S&E I’m surprised how poor their results have been. RWB look to be out their depth, Brighton we’re poor last year and don’t look to have improved at all, getting beaten by the teams around them, they could be in trouble.

Expect Dons to push on now
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 21:37
London welsh were bound to find a league where they found it tough, especially  after the successive promotions they've had, they gave us a good game at their place and I expect to see them improve
We haven't  been in much trouble in our matches so far apart from that first half at Brighton  where it took 40 minutes for us to get off the bus !
Our game on Saturday against bottom of the table Wooton Basset was another game where we looked comfy especially  in the second half even though we had a ref who did his best to become invisible by wearing the same colours as us, however he certainly  made himself known by being a tad yellow card happy throughout the game
Wimbledon  look strong going on their results so far, but it's much too early to predict anything yet
Looking forward to some carrot cruncher accents at Oxford Harlequins this weekend, never been there before so it's another newbie to add to the list and hopefully we come back with a win
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatgobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 22:23
Before the season started, this London Welsh supporter was going to be happy if we finished mid table.
I'm still hoping we can climb that high.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatgobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 16:41
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

Surprised how poor London Welsh have been, although would expect them to start picking up more wins going forward, equally S&E I’m surprised how poor their results have been. RWB look to be out their depth, Brighton we’re poor last year and don’t look to have improved at all, getting beaten by the teams around them, they could be in trouble.

Expect Dons to push on now

starting with today.

London Welsh 45 - 15 Bracknell.
Welsh were 40-0 up at half time.

Edited by Stoatgobbler - 22 Oct 2022 at 16:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic