National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 10:06
A great day at Oxford Quins yesterday, we really hit the ground running and the game was all but over at half time, we were a joy to watch.  Credit to quins for not giving up and in the second half their backs moved the ball around quickly but our defence was on top form and we were more than a match for their efforts
It was an honour to be presented with the biggest bleeding carrot I have ever seen in my life by Ron their club president in response to my "carrot crunching" comments in an earlier post, I'm certain he wanted it shoved somewhere the sun don't shine!! But I disappointed him by eating it insteadWink
Also thanks to Jack.. aka " Mike hunt" for the superb hospitality,  that man can talk the hind legs off of 15 donkeys, no wonder his Mrs went away for the weekLOL 
Look forward to the return game at the lane, where I won't be calling them carrot crunchers!!

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 23 Oct 2022 at 17:32
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 17:00
Score Predictions for this weekends games?

Week 8

Banbury vs London Welsh
Bracknell vs Royal Wootton Bassett
Brighton vs Maidenhead
Camberley vs Bournemouth
Havant vs Wimbledon
Sutton & Epsom vs Oxford Harlequins
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 20:36
Banbury 0  London Welsh 4
Bracknell  5  RWB 0
Brighton 5  Maidenhead 1
Camberley 5  Bournemouth  0
Havant 4  Wimbledon  0
S&E 0  Oxford Quins 4

Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 17:56
Banbury 0 v 5 L Welsh
Bracknell 5 v 0 RWB
Bton 5 v 2 Maids
Cam 5 v 0 Bmouth
Havant 3 v 3 Dons
S&E 2 v 5 OQuins 
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 10:40
Banbury 0  London Welsh 4
Bracknell  5  RWB 0
Brighton 5 Maidenhead 2
Camberley 5  Bournemouth  0
Havant 4  Wimbledon  1
S&E 0  Oxford Quins 5

Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 20:08
Predictions? It's a mug's game!

Edited by Mark W-J - 29 Oct 2022 at 20:08
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 09:06
An eagerly awaited game at the lane yesterday  was totally and utterly ruined by a stunningly bad referee 
Wimbledon  are a very good outfit,  but when a referee dishes out four yellow cards you effectively  play half a game of rugby with 14 men. Admittedly  one of those cards was justified after a high tackle on their winger but we all new it wasn't gonna be our day when our scrum half was blatantly taken out off the ball after kicking ahead with a certain try on the cards and nothing was given
All in all a frustrating day which left the majority of a large crowd stunned 
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 14:35
It's amazing how many games are apparently ruined by bad referees according to the losing teams.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 15:18
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

It's amazing how many games are apparently ruined by bad referees according to the losing teams.

It's amazing how many people comment on a game they weren't  actually at!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 15:36
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

It's amazing how many people comment on a game they weren't  actually at!

It's amazing how many people can't tell the difference between a comment on posts on message boards and a comment on a specific game.

(Your turn!)
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 17:03
TongueTongue two people triggered from one post...  brilliantWink
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 12:25
It's amazing how many people can't count Wink
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 16:56

An eagerly awaited game at the lane yesterday  was totally and utterly ruined by a stunningly bad referee 
Wimbledon  are a very good outfit,  but when a referee dishes out four yellow cards you effectively  play half a game of rugby with 14 men. Admittedly  one of those cards was justified after a high tackle on their winger but we all new it wasn't gonna be our day when our scrum half was blatantly taken out off the ball after kicking ahead with a certain try on the cards and nothing was given
All in all a frustrating day which left the majority of a large crowd stunned 

He was that bad he gave you a try that wasn’t a try, so a birdie tells me.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 11:10
Yes he did, our fullback had his foot in touch  our touch judge flagged it up but the ref ignored it and gave the try....we all laughed of course!

First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:46

Yes he did, our fullback had his foot in touch  our touch judge flagged it up but the ref ignored it and gave the try....we all laughed of course!

Must have been a good ref this week then…
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 11:04
Nope... he disallowed  a try for a bonus point
Wink
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 18:12
OK here is a post from a South Central club - there are even fewer comments on that board! Think people have got out of the habit of this site and splitting the league hasn't helped much.
From our league it looks like a dog fight between Wimbledon, Camberley and Havant all of whom are stronger sides than last year. Wimbledon seem to just have the edge at the moment but we hit a wall last year so we shall see - it was good to see that last Saturday we navigated the potential banana skin that Sutton & Epsom often are for us.
What are people thinking about the new league structure?
We used to look at Nat 2 South as the promised land of exciting trips to the West Country but Nat 2 East just looks like London 1 as was.

A bit underwhelming?
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 12:01
Hi Boaty, am sure Havant Tony is doing his best to elicit comments on your board. Normally have a good drink with him when we meet, and I do have a look at the results of your league. Am not surprised at all to see Wimbledon there, having watched you annihilate us in the pre-season friendly with what I thought was a much changed set of players compared to the league matches last season. Quite a few Southern hemisphere accents flying around that day. 
The new League structure could never please every club and must have been very difficult to administer. It has certainly provided the opportunity to play against and visit new clubs, which I particularly enjoy. It may mean a bit of extra travelling time but that is partly offset by the reduction of fixtures. 
Midland and Northern clubs may well disagree on this.
I also like the introduction of the Cup games for levels 5 and below, which are non-compulsory but which I hope are well-represented - A bit of a throwback to the old days of County Cup winners being offered a chance to progress and get some juicy fixtures. 
Am probably in the middle, neither underwhelmed or overwhelmed.

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 09 Nov 2022 at 12:02
The older I get, the better I was.
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 13:12
I agree level 4 has been diluted in quality with the introduction of a number of teams at that level, I do agree reducing the number of games to 26 from 30 was the right thing to do, 30 game league with that travel and intensity was extremely challenging on the players.

I think level 4 in the South has lost a lot of kudos. For clubs in the South East, losing the trips to Bristol, Cornwall etc. the league has lost a lot of what made it such a challenge and enjoyable. Its has become an extension of regional rugby as opposed to National League IMO. Preference would've been to reduce the league to 14 sides but kept the boundaries the same, decrease numbers and increase quality.
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 15:04
Your not wrong there. The jump used to be from Nat3ldn to Nat 2. In a couple of seasons it will be between Nat 2 and Nat 1.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
  Share Topic