National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

REGIONAL 1 SOUTH CENTRAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Inside man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 12:05
An interesting day, a much closer game than expected between Wimbledon and Wootton basset. Brighton vs Bracknell was a close old affair in poor conditions.

A friend of mine was at the Banbury game and was very frustrated that it was called off last minute after the journey down! I hear the home supporters who had made it down were very impressed that Camberley went out and did a training session! 

Edited by The Inside man - 08 Jan 2023 at 12:07
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 07:13
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 07:44
Week 16

BOURNEMOUTH     1 v 4     BRACKNELL
BRIGHTON            4 v 2     BANBURY
LONDON WELSH    4 v 1     SUTTON & EPSOM
MAIDENHEAD        1 v 4     CAMBERLEY
OXFORD QUINS     1 v 5     WIMBLEDON
RWB                     0 v 5     HAVANT
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 12:15
Bmouth. 1 v 4 Bracknell
Brighton 4 v 1 Banbury
L Welsh. 4 v 1 S&E
Maids.    1 v 5 Camberley 
OQuins.  2 v 5 Dons
RWB.       0 v 5 Havant 

Edited by Karlos F - 13 Jan 2023 at 12:19
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 14:15
Bournemouth v Bracknell 1-4
Brighton v Banbury 4-1
London Welsh v Sutton & Epsom 5-0
Maidenhead v Camberley 2-5
Oxford Quins v Wimbledon 0-5
Royal Wootton Bassett v Havant 0-5
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 11:39
BOURNEMOUTH  1  BRACKNELL  5
BRIGHTON 5 BANBURY 0
LW 5 S&E 1
MAIDENHEAD  2 CAMBERLEY 2
QUINS 0 WIMBLEDON  5
RWB 1 HAVANT 5
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 21:34
Good God,  the new "waist or below" tackle rule by the braindead clowns at the  RFU is a serious misguided weak knee jerk reaction  that will harm our game. Its a rule  that will see games played with god knows how many  yellow cards due to innocuous tackles that are inches above the waist and it will  introduce more knee to head collisions causing even more injuries and
God forbid anyone trying to hold someone up at a maul !
In my opinion EVERY club and supporter should protest to the RFU about this because if we don't  they will think we all accept it and it's the first step to a slippery slope of the game turning into to a joke version of adult tag rugby

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 21 Jan 2023 at 11:32
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:43
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Good God,  the new "waist or below" tackle rule by the braindead clowns at the  RFU is a serious misguided weak knee jerk reaction  that will harm our game. Its a rule  that will see games played with god knows how many  yellow cards due to innocuous tackles that are inches above the waist and it will  introduce more knee to head collisions causing even more injuries and
In my opinion EVERY club and supporter should protest to the RFU about this because if we don't  they will think we all accept it and it's the first step to a slippery slope of the game turning into to a joke version of adult tag rugby

Should those supporters who are former players suffering life-changing effects from years of repetitive head contact get someone else to protest on their behalf? 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:50
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Should those supporters who are former players suffering life-changing effects from years of repetitive head contact get someone else to protest on their behalf? 
YES 
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:00
In other news 2 games off so far:

Camberley Vs Brighton
Bracknell Vs L. Welsh
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:02
Maidenhead tweeted earlier this week that their game at Wimbledon has been moved to London Irish, 4pm kick-off. Nothing on Wimbledon's website or Twitter, though.
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 13:04
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Maidenhead tweeted earlier this week that their game at Wimbledon has been moved to London Irish, 4pm kick-off. Nothing on Wimbledon's website or Twitter, though.

Hazelwood 16:45 K.O. on Wimbledon RFC Instagram 

Edited by Karlos F - 21 Jan 2023 at 13:10
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 13:38

Just short of 49000 signatures in 2 days 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 00:03
Couldn't  believe  my luck when our guest speaker at our game today  against Oxford Quins was no less than Bill Sweeney CEO of England rugby
Bill gave an eloquent  speech about all things English Rugby and FINALLY!!  got to the subject of the waist high tackle rule with about 2 minutes  to go before kick  off before any questions could be asked!!
His major defence of this new tackle rule was to say that since 2017 French rugby has been implementing  this rule and he gave all sorts of figures to coroberrate  the safety aspects of this 
BUT...I had no time to ask him if this rule was so positive in keeping injuries down in French Rugby WHY has it not been implemented  into the top flight of French rugby??? Surely after 6 years if it was so beneficial it would've  been imbedded into the the top flight of French rugby BUT IT HAS NOT...ErmmConfused so that tells me something!!!!

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 22 Jan 2023 at 00:04
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:10

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

YES 

Your attitude is likely to see the end of rugby as we know it long before the implementation of waist high tackling will.

I'm glad those running the game are at least considering ways to finally prevent current and future players from undergoing the dreadful suffering so many former players have had.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 18:09
Well at the present moment over 61,585 people  (and counting) agree with my attitude Wink
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 16:22
So Tony - how's your side looking for Saturday?
I am pretty sure it will be game on in SW20.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 17:52
Originally posted by @boatyjames @boatyjames wrote:

If we can replicate saturday's  performance  against Quins then your lot are in for a tough time I reckon. We were superb, after a sluggish start I may add. We've been rocked by injuries to our pack for a while now but every one who has come in has stepped up and put in a decent shift just like Saturday with Pete Austin's first start of the season getting 4 tries in the process
Always a tough game to be had in posh SW20 so I'm hoping we go one better than last seasons very close fixture and come away with a W
I hear you've been splashing the cash and recruited a few newbies recently ...true or rumour?
Unfortunately  I won't be there to witness it as my Mrs has committed a cardinal sin and booked up a family weekend  away in the rugby seasonAngryConfused so this is only the second game missed this season the other being Brighton away due to a wedding!!.tried everything to get out of it of course but she aint having none of it !!!
I will be glued to Luke's  twitter feed with fingers,legs and nuts crossed for luck ..UP THE HILL HAVANT 

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 24 Jan 2023 at 17:55
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 18:19

Originally posted by @boatyjames @boatyjames wrote:

If we can replicate saturday's  performance  against Quins then your lot are in for a tough time I reckon. We were superb, after a sluggish start I may add. We've been rocked by injuries to our pack for a while now but every one who has come in has stepped up and put in a decent shift just like Saturday with Pete Austin's first start of the season getting 4 tries in the process
Always a tough game to be had in posh SW20 so I'm hoping we go one better than last seasons very close fixture and come away with a W
I hear you've been splashing the cash and recruited a few newbies recently ...true or rumour?
Unfortunately  I won't be there to witness it as my Mrs has committed a cardinal sin and booked up a family weekend  away in the rugby seasonAngryConfused so this is only the second game missed this season the other being Brighton away due to a wedding!!.tried everything to get out of it of course but she aint having none of it !!!
I will be glued to Luke's  twitter feed with fingers,legs and nuts crossed for luck ..UP THE HILL HAVANT 

"I hear you've been splashing the cash..." that's exactly what "people" were saying about Havant at the start of the season! _ I can assure you our playing/coaching budget is no higher this year than last Tony - just appears to be better allocated. But we shall see - still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off the bus!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 18:51
Boaty are you in the pub?....sorry , meant wine bar

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 24 Jan 2023 at 18:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>
  Share Topic