National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - England have tested fans' patience but heading...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

England have tested fans' patience but heading...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 12:12
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Maybe if the outcome of a scrum infringement was a differential penalty then maybe we wouldn't have to sit there watching re-sets and goal kicking practice all afternoon rather than some decent rugby. Nobody is ever sure who's infringed and who hasn't so seems a fairer way of dealing with it

Assuming no obvious infringements I would allow one reset and the next time give a free-kick to the team with the put-in so they can restart the game that way - but without the option of a scrum.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 17:29
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Maybe if the outcome of a scrum infringement was a differential penalty then maybe we wouldn't have to sit there watching re-sets and goal kicking practice all afternoon rather than some decent rugby. Nobody is ever sure who's infringed and who hasn't so seems a fairer way of dealing with it

Assuming no obvious infringements I would allow one reset and the next time give a free-kick to the team with the put-in so they can restart the game that way - but without the option of a scrum.

Totally agree no option to scrum again after an infringement in a scrum

Also, stop the clock when scrum is awarded until ball re-emerges.
RAID ON
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 23:01
England Rugby head coach resigns

Unfortunately, it is Craig Richards, the Women's League coach.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mountain Man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 16:10
Originally posted by oneagainstthehead oneagainstthehead wrote:

Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Originally posted by Even Older Hooker Even Older Hooker wrote:

A bit like club rugby now messy scrums, you really think they would learn!! driving off lines out and kicking. Nothing creative. oh and Refs who waste so much time re setting scrums Grrrrrrrr

I was fortunate to have free tickets to some of the RLWC games. When they have their 'scrum', a countdown clock gives them 30 seconds to 'huddle together' and then get on with the rest of the game. 
Given the risible nature of the RL scrum, I’m not sure this is the best analogy, although there is something to be said for some kind of time limit. The problem seems to lie with identifying which side is responsible for delays/resets and penalising accordingly. Resets appear to be much less frequent in the women’s game, suggesting a greater willingness to get on with the game rather than seeing the scrum as little more than a source of penalties. I’m not sure what the answer is. 

As soon as the packs are together, the referee must move away 5 metres, turn his back on the scrum and not resume his duties until the ball is out. Simple. The men in the know can deal with the details.
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 01:33
England 13-27 South Africa: Eddie Jones says defeat was 'entirely my fault'

Eddie Jones said England's defeat by South Africa was "entirely my fault" but believes they can have a "really good go" at next year's World Cup.

The hosts were beaten 27-13 at Twickenham as the world champions dominated the set-piece.

Head coach Jones apologised for the performance but said his players were still heading in the right direction, 10 months out from the World Cup.

"We are disappointed we didn't play how we wanted to," Jones told Amazon Prime.

"South Africa do things to you that are some times difficult to deal with.

"We didn't land a shot like we wanted to. You have to win contests and we didn't win in the air or the set-piece, so it's hard to get in the game.

"We lost two of the key contests but we will improve in those areas. Results tell you everything and that is what we are judged by but I feel like there is growth in the team, which we have seen, but wasn't evident today."

Jones' side have lost six of 12 Tests in the calendar year, England's worst run since 2008.

Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 08:46
Funny that he keeps accepting responsibity for poor performances but still keeps his job? The guy should have been history for some time now. I'm not expecting anything more than a mediocre 6 Nations with the same old excuses being trotted out along the lines "we're learning and developing and building for the World Cup" which we will be nowhere near winning by the way
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:16
Perhaps if the players had to actually win to receive their £15000 per game or is it more they might actually turn up. 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:04
I would happily offer the next England coach a £1m contract - to be paid only if we win the Six Nations.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 14:18
Apparently the RFU will conduct a review.

Bill Sweeney says the union shares the frustrations of fans.

I say, "In the name of God, go."

Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 18:02
Maybe they could do us all a favour and Go Together, the pair of them!! 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 21:26
We need a good English DoR with a record of improving teams in trouble, preferably one who does not have a job.

How about Steve Diamond?
Sweeney Delenda Est
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 22:20
RFU not fit for purpose . ..  please bring in a new coach . . . for me the controversial O Gara  . . just for 6 nations and WC . . . he would shake things up.

Eddie had to go after last WC . . . the current rugby being played is turgid to say the least . . England has so much talent most of which is currently wasted.

Let the old guard of Vunipola's, Farrel, Youngs, Tualangi and even May go . . the are better hungrier players out there . . imagine a back row of Simmonds, Curry and Earl with Dombrandt and Willis or Pearson on the bench!!! and at 9 Mitchell, Van porvliet and Randall/Quirke . . 10 Smith with Fin Smith on bench!
Run with it
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 23:32
Jones to empty locker like a football manager, caretaker manager appointed.....

but who... a few seasons ago I would have said Rob Baxter - who else is looking for a job?

(how do you take 2 weeks to review the Autumn internationals?) 

Edited by FHLH - 27 Nov 2022 at 23:33
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 13:18
England head coach to learn fate by middle of next week

England head coach Eddie Jones will know by the middle of next week if he is going to be sacked, with his position under increasing pressure.

The Rugby Football Union is holding a review into England's disappointing autumn campaign, which culminated in a 27-13 defeat by South Africa.

The review panel is set to meet on Monday, with the findings discussed at a board meeting on Tuesday.

An official announcement could then be made by the middle of next week.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 13:20
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 12:48
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Jones to empty locker like a football manager, caretaker manager appointed.....

but who... a few seasons ago I would have said Rob Baxter - who else is looking for a job?

(how do you take 2 weeks to review the Autumn internationals?) 

You have to sober up first.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 13:22
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

You have to sober up first

Looks like it's panning out as I forecast 
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 08:42
My money is on Steve Bortwick, though it hurts me to say so.
373 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 15:35
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

We need a good English DoR with a record of improving teams in trouble, preferably one who does not have a job.

How about Steve Diamond?
From the frying pan into the fire. 

Players don’t like playing for Jones. Diamond would be another level of awful. Plus there’s no way of Stevie boy doing his usual ‘one for you, two for me’…
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 07:22
England players seem to be playing scared  
England cricketers didn’t kick ball into touch and
settle for a draw. They want to win. Whether 
that happens remains to be seen but they are 
not afraid to give it a go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic