National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2022-23 Championship - Round 1 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022-23 Championship - Round 1 Predictions
    Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 19:36
The new season is nearly upon us - 
Fixtures:
Friday 9th September:
Cornish Pirates v Richmond - 7.30pm
Coventry v Bedford - 7.45pm

Saturday 10th September:
Ampthill v Jersey - 3pm
Caldy v Hartpury - 3pm
Ealing v Doncaster - 3pm
London Scottish v Nottingham - 3pm

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 20:00
Predictions:
Cornish Pirates 5 Richmond 0 - Pirates at home will win well.
Coventry 4 Bedford 1 - Toss of a coin but Coventry should be strong at home. 
Caldy 4 Hartpury 1 - This has the classic “newly promoted bounce” written all over it. Caldy will be targeting this one. 
Ampthill 1 Jersey 5 - A tough place to go but Jersey are looking very strong and will earn a good win 
Ealing 1 Doncaster 4 - For the people who are writing Donny off, what better fixture is there to make a massive point?. We are capable of turning them over - the Knights will be revved up. 
London Scottish 5 Nottingham 1 - I think Scottish will start off on a good note having had a pre-season this year. 

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 23:07
Predictions:
Cornish Pirates 5 Richmond 0 
Coventry 4 Bedford 1 
Caldy 4 Hartpury 1 
Ampthill 1 Jersey 4 
Ealing 4 Doncaster 1
London Scottish 4 Nottingham 1
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 08:21
Coventry 4 Bedford 1 
Caldy 1 Hartpury 4
Ampthill 1 Jersey 4 
Ealing 5 Doncaster 1
London Scottish 4 Nottingham 1
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 08:41
Pirates 5-1 Mond - Absolute banker home win which gives Mond every chance of an upset.
Coventry 4-1 Bedford Could go either way but at home Cov should take this 
Caldy 5-2 Pury Newbies to start the season with a cracking win by a handful of points both teams 4 tries
Ampthill 2-3 Jersey Usually a close encounter I go for a draw with Jersey to score 4 tries. 
Ealing 5-2 Donny Could go either way lots of tries on a fast track - I'd watch this if it is streamed.
Scottish 4-1 Nottingham Home advantage to just tip it the way of the exiles by 4-5 points

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 09:43
Pirates 5-0 Mond - Should be comfortable
Coventry 1-4 Bedford I think an away win
Caldy 1-5 Hartpury I think the away team might shock Caldy 
Ampthill 2-5 Jersey Close but not close enough for the Ampts
Ealing 5-2 Donny I would love to call the Knights as winners but home advantage to the red hot favourites (and maybe we sneak up on them and steal it at the death Wink)
Scottish 5-1 Nottingham Scottish bolstered by collaboration with Quins to help them out nicely
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
AnIdiotAbroad View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnIdiotAbroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 10:46
Pirates 5-1 Mond - Solid win for the Pirates 
Coventry 5-2 An open game with Cov taking the BP win
Caldy 0-5 Hartpury having too much for the Ravers 
Ampthill 1-5 Jersey The Reds laying down a marker in this one   
Ealing 5-2 Donny An upset possibly on the cards if the £5m budget boys get off to a slow start
Scottish 5-2 Nottingham Another open game with plenty of tries, the Archers not the best travellers 
Transparency avoids ambiguity
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 13:02
Cornish Pirates 5-0 Richmond. This could be a try fest for both sides but I cannot see Richmond scoring more than three tries.
Coventry 5-2 Bedford. Coventry at home are awesome...for the first half. They often fade and I can see Bedford coming back strong.
Caldy 2-5 Hartpury. Another feast of tries but with the Championship experienced team pulling away in the second half.
Ampthill 5-2 Jersey. These games have been close in the past and the As have recruited well both on the field and off. Let's see if it all works.
Ealing 5-2 Donny. I don't want Ealing to lose as Ampthill have them the following week.
L Scottish 2-2 Nottingham. I really can't separate these two.

A lot of 5-2 outcomes this week, mainly because of the time of the year.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 15:05
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Ealing 5-2 Donny. I don't want Ealing to lose as Ampthill have them the following week.

As sound a reason as any Cherub LOL
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 15:37
Coventry 1 Bedford 4
Caldy 0 Hartpury 4
Ampthill 4 Jersey 1
Ealing 5 Doncaster 1
London Scottish 0 Nottingham 5
Forever Green.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 17:16
Cornish Pirates 5 Richmond 1 - Richmond looked quite impressive in pre-season against Ealing, and there are a lot of quality ex-pros in there, potentially due to salary cap casualties trickling down the leagues.
Coventry 1 Bedford 4 - I'm predicting the Bourg-bump for Bedford.
Caldy 4 Hartpury 1 - I think the new-boys come out firing, and Hartpury traditionally seem to take longer to gel each year due to their team make-up. Also, probably less loan players this year as the Prem teams have smaller rosters.
Ampthill 1 Jersey 4  - Jersey looked extremely strong in the pre-season.
Ealing 5 Doncaster 1 - Which Doncaster shows up? The one that gave Newcastle all they could handle, or the one that was embarassed by Wasps? I'm not sure, but I still think that Ealing will have the firepower to handle them at home on the fast-track. Will be intersting to see if a couple of key players come back from injury. Ealing to leak a few tries in the last 5 minutes.
London Scottish 5 Nottingham 1 - I think that the Quins tie-up will quickly bear fruit for Scottish.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 17:19
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

As you know, a lot of thought goes into these predictions. And if Ealing lose to your lot, their coach will put the players through hell next week who in turn will take it out on my team. So, it's a home win for me
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 18:07

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

As you know, a lot of thought goes into these predictions. And if Ealing lose to your lot, their coach will put the players through hell next week who in turn will take it out on my team. So, it's a home win for me

I follow the logic, very sound reasoning, clearly I would prefer we get the W, but Ealing have spent big bucks and have retained those who they were able to from last season (mostly quality individuals) . But are they a cohesive squad? Their muscle memory will be lose, lose so mentally there is a crack in their armour, which we can work our way.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 07:55
Are predictions what you think will happen or want to happen?
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 10:36
Cornish Pirates 5 Richmond 0 - Home advantage and too much quality and too many Chiefs to see any other result . .  it could be a very big winning margin.
Coventry 4 Bedford 1 - Again home advantage, this could go either way . . should be entertaining
Caldy 4 Hartpury 1 - Logic says Hartpury, I think Jac Lloyd will light up league - Pury 10 . . . but on a wave of emotion and Pot Noodle the "Cheshire Set" will make a dramatic start to the Championship.
Ampthill 1 Jersey 4 - Normally home advantage and this will be an epic struggle but I have a feeling Jersey are the real deal this year.
Ealing 5 Doncaster 1 - Best of luck to both of these teams . . Ealing just too much on the plastic.
London Scottish 5 Nottingham 0 - LS a totally different beast than last year and with loads of gas and Quins will make a quick start.

So exciting to get the Season started, good luck to all of your teams . . and for an injury free season.
Run with it
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 11:29
Coventry 1 Bedford 5  
Caldy 5 Hartpury 2 
Ampthill 1 Jersey 5  
Ealing 5 Doncaster 0 
London Scottish 5 Nottingham 0 
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 14:21
For those like me who are keen to see some rugby the Pirates v Mond match on Friday is streamed at £7. 
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 15:47
Here we go then, another season of random flights of fancy interspersed with sporadic lunacy. 

Cornish Pirates 5 Richmond 2
Coventry 2 Bedford 5
Caldy 5 Hartpury 2
Ampthill 1 Jersey 5
Ealing 5 Doncaster 2
London Scottish 5 Nottingham 1

Good luck all. Except you lot, yes you know who you are. Wink

Edited by Old Gold - 06 Sep 2022 at 15:49
One Club
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 19:16
cornish pirates 5  1 richmond
coventry         1  5 bedford
caldy              4  1 hartpury
ampthill           1 4 jersey
ealing              5 0 doncaster
london scottish  5 1 nottingham

Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 21:54
Pirates 5 - 0 Richmond… Pirates just too good I’m afraid
Coventry 1 - 5 Bedford… Going to be tight, but Blues for a bp win
Caldy 1 - 4 Hartpury… Welcome to the Championship Caldy. Hard fought game, but Pury to take it
Ampthill 1 - 5 Jersey… tricky fixture this, but The Reds to rumble their way to a 4 try win.
Ealing 5 - 2 Donny…. Ealing not to have it all their own way in a high scoring thriller to kick start the season
london scottish 5 1 nottingham
Tackle Low!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic