National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 2 East Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 17:28
Two weeks ago when Dorking lost at home to Bury St Edmunds we had 3 teams at home. The 2nd and 3rd XV,s kicked off at 1pm and were able to watch the 1,s at 3pm. This doesnt happen every week but as it was our "Oktoberfest" the occasion delivered a record bar take of £16K with ALL players having great fun and bonding. Our 2nd XV play in a league against Worthing, Wimbledon, Richmond, and RP.  
Fezantplucker
RugbyWiz3 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RugbyWiz3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:17
From what I hear on why the players left Worthing to go to Dorking. Disapprove

I understand there is a loan agreement with Quins, no issues here. But its been said the Loan players were getting started over the regulars (who came to Dorking) without training. I can see how this p**sed off the lads. I understand Henry Birch may even have been dropped as captain at very short notice for a loan player. Interesting. 

Great to see them still playing however, and not put off by this. Lucky Dorking that they chose them. 

Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 18:10
Originally posted by RugbyWiz3 RugbyWiz3 wrote:

I understand there is a loan agreement with Quins, no issues here. But its been said the Loan players were getting started over the regulars (who came to Dorking) without training. I can see how this p**sed off the lads. I understand Henry Birch may even have been dropped as captain at very short notice for a loan player. Interesting. 

Great to see them still playing however, and not put off by this. Lucky Dorking that they chose them. 

You should never listen to hearsay 

Pace Power Perfection
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 21:01
Henley v Dorking 12.11.2022
Dorking will be taking a large contingent of support for next weeks game at Henley. I for one will be interested to see if Will Crow plays against his old club where he started as a mini and played right through until Dorking were relegated from L4. After leaving I understand he had difficulty in getting game time when at Rosslyn Park, and was 3rd choice 9 for a long period. Since moving to Henley I understand he has a settled life, a mortgage and family with his roots now firmly in Henley. I also know he has long standing friendships with many still at Dorking so the re-union on and off the pitch will be sentimental. I for one will be interested to see if he still retains his silky skills and speed around the base of the scrum.     
Fezantplucker
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 21:14
Originally posted by Wigwam Wigwam wrote:

They were a pretty shocking band weren't they..........................................I'll get ma coat...........
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 07:36
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Originally posted by Wigwam Wigwam wrote:

They were a pretty shocking band weren't they..........................................I'll get ma coat...........
The use of the word 'band' here is a little extreme.
Our City,
Our Club
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 19:42
Another outstanding win for the Dorks today, away at Dry Leas.  They seem masters of edging close encounters Clap   They go top of the league although Club have a game in hand.
Barnes recorded another high scoring win and continue their fine form this season.
Club visited the Swamp....no idea what conditions were like, but after the very heavy rain earlier in the week, I feared the worst.  That place just does not drain and I sometimes wonder if sides should or indeed can, refuse to play on it. Ouch

The Oaks side secured a valuable draw on the island......one i did not personally expect, but this was just one more of what appear to be a number of battling performances this season and it would be no surprise if they were to move several places up this league.Big smile

Most other results went pretty much as expected I think.
Although Club probably remain clear favourites this year, it might end up closer than many of us thought.  Any of the top 8 teams might still harbour hopes of promotion glory and there is a long way to go.

It could yet continue to be an exciting season Wink  
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 20:30
I called it mudflats DR
So many Christians not enough Lions
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 21:06
It is a shame for everybody Rabbie......there is a pond outside the clubhouse preventing you from reaching the pitch.....when i have visited anyway.
TJ's have a lot of very good backs......they might enjoy playing an expansive running game, but it is almost impossible on that surface for some of the year.
They seem to be a very wealthy club though, so let us hope they acquire a new ground pretty soon.
They are most certainly an aspirational club......nicked a few of our players....but who has n't ConfusedOuch
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 21:40
The players do move around at this level all chasing the ££££s. TJs had 5 former Club players although some were quite a while back
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 21:59
Pitch looks in good nick on the TJs Facebook pics 😬
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 22:16
You had to keep moving or there was a puddle around your feet. Pictures can be very deceiving ever used an estate agent
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 22:40
The shirts looked played in but all the colours still clearly on show. Perhaps just deserved the win ? 
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 08:45
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Another outstanding win for the Dorks today, away at Dry Leas.  They seem masters of edging close encounters Clap   They go top of the league although Club have a game in hand.
Barnes recorded another high scoring win and continue their fine form this season.

I made the long trip up from Cornwall yesterday. Dorking off load in the tackle were superb, great support playClap. We had them in the scrum, but I thought we were going to sneak it with the last play of the game like last week, but with three penalties in a row, went for the corner, two were brought down and the third we knocked on, ref blew for the end of the game!
Good banter with their supporters and well done Dorking 👏👏
Nick 

Edited by The Hawks - 13 Nov 2022 at 08:46
'Go The Hawks!'
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 14:35
Great league this year

6 sides on 7 out of ten and 2 on 6 

Dorking continue to surpass all my expectations and continue keep winning tight away games at good sides and definitely have added some steel to their defence

16 games left so all to play for

FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 09:07
Originally posted by The Hawks The Hawks wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

I made the long trip up from Cornwall yesterday. Dorking off load in the tackle were superb, great support playClap. We had them in the scrum, but I thought we were going to sneak it with the last play of the game like last week, but with three penalties in a row, went for the corner, two were brought down and the third we knocked on, ref blew for the end of the game!
Good banter with their supporters and well done Dorking 👏👏
Nick 
Another cracking win on the road and fully deserved IMO. Also amazed to see more Dorking supporters in the bar post match than Henley. Well played to Henley 12 who won MOTM and with Sean Fitzpatrick watching from the touchline. It was however a glorious day for playing rugby, with many worse days yet to come.

Fezantplucker
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 16:56
I was just curious as to who the new Winger at Dorking was Austin Emens and the below came up on the search which is the highlights of last weeks games N2E games  

He has an amazing step which I saw at Dorking a month back and for his 2nd try on here. Another good addition to the team

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 17:04
Not all of the results in yet........but a very entertaining game for the neutral at the Rugby Park today, with Raiders coming out on top 46-32 in an exciting encounter full of excellent attacking play and perhaps, some dodgy defending.
A game of two halves then, with the home side looking absolutely deadly with ball in hand in the first half.
Five pretty backs tries answered by a very good one from the TJ's winger.
The third quarter started with a sixth backs try and the completion of a great hat-trick from winger Curtis Barnes.
But then came a protracted period in which the TJ's half backs got their hands on the ball and started to dictate play.   TJ's showed excellent patience and ball retention.....we did not.....on the rare occasion that we regained possession, we quickly kicked it away again.  The score moved I think, from 39-8 to 39-27 and a serious momentum shift continued.  
The clock ticked on and Raiders came back into the game a little.  A nice 7th backs try from a lovely running line with about 6mins left, put the game to bed, but TJ's kept going and had the last score as further compensation.  I expect that they will be disappointed with their solitary TBP however.
A great result for the Oaks I see, and another surprise defeat for the Hawks Big smile  The Oaks are having a pretty good season it seems ?
The Barn Elms boys recorded another fine win and it seems likely that at the very least, they will record their highest ever league finish ?  I might be wrong about that though.
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 18:40
how to sun up the game today……Worthing first half sublime second half out came the worry beads 
Pace Power Perfection
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 19:14
Hi TP.........certainly a game of two halves, and as ever, fine margins dictate the course of play.  I thought that our half backs did very well with front foot ball, but at 18 and 19yrs of age respectively, struggled when that changed.  hopefully they will learn quickly.  I thought that the TJ's half back pairing were excellent throughout. Clap
Overall......a satisfying win, which neither of us predicted Ouch

I note that Club edged past poor Westcliff.....who are looking horribly out of their depth.  

Another comprehensive win for the freescoring Dorks....and very good results for both Guernsey and OA's.

Still tight in the 'best of the rest' competition, but Club still look strong favourites.  Looking forward to watching them at our place soon. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
  Share Topic