National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 2 East Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National 2 East Prospects
    Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 21:45
Had my first dabble  of rugby this season  today at Worthing who entertained Sevenoaks. Worthing just did enough to win, but look a team finding their feet with plenty of new faces. Decent  game though

Weirdest moment was having a conversion in front of the posts charged down

Anyway, this league already looks very competitive and wide open - doesnt seem to be an obvious whipping boy or dominating team
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 21:55
Bottom 3 teams are 0 from 3 so need to get a win with N Walsham @ Guernsey next week one of these may change but can’t see Westcliff picking up anything at BSE and you can very quickly get cut adrift. As you say should be an entertaining league
So many Christians not enough Lions
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 20:39
Ermm Blackheath... played 2 won 2 and already racking up the points!

sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 21:31
Originally posted by Golden Jackal Golden Jackal wrote:

Ermm Blackheath... played 2 won 2 and already racking up the points!

yep may well be right. Incidentally, how does promotion and relegation work - presumably first place gets you promoted,or at least a playoff - are you in with a shout if 2nd? How many teams go down -1,2,3?

Edited by sweatysock - 18 Sep 2022 at 21:32
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 22:00
One up to National 1, three coming down.
While there is no formal level transfer, the leagues at this level will be selected to minimize travel.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 22:16
Having checked, 2 down and one up.
There are no play-offs in the national and regional league.

Promotion from counties 1 is tbc. There are 16 leagues feeding 12. 
Sweeney Delenda Est
LHTT View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Official Toliet key holder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 09:43
So, how does everyone think it's going so far?

BSE gave Club a reminder that they won't have things all their own way in the 2nd half yesterday scoring 3 tries in 6 minutes, it wasn't the day for it but Bury's rolling maul looks a handful, I suspect they'll come into their own when the weather changes.

I was surprised that Henley went down to N Walsham yesterday, I had them down as likely competitors but NW is a notorious difficult place to go...

Barnes & OA's also look like they can score...
Irritating Offspring of the word unite.
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 17:48
Club were the best side Ive seen Bury play in the last 18 months...reminded me of Rams and Chinnor in their pomp....Bury looked overawed and lacked intensity in the first half and were cut to ribbans by a team that play at real pace....showed some good charachter to come back and who knows if the 5th try hadnt been ruled out for "blocking". then it could have been a grandstand finish...I think by Christmas Shanners and the boys will be out of sight...

LHTT View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:34
Interesting comments GJ. I agree the ruling-out of the 5th try was a key moment, but the officials got that right, from my angle, we may have to agree to differ on that. 

Big test away at OA's next game & I think we may have picked up some knocks on Sat which could test the strength in depth of the side, I'm not so optimistic on Club's immediate future as you yet.

I think BSE should have a good season, best team at WH so far this season. 

Does anyone know why Rockford have had a points deduction?
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:40
It does look pretty ominous at the moment.......Shanners Club stringing some very good early results together.
I had thought that OA's, BSE, Hawks and TJ's, might all provide stern competition for them.  I guess they still might, but each have shown some fallibility already.  They might well contest the 'best of the rest' competition between them, with perhaps, Barnes and Dorking looking to get involved as well.  The latter have recruited well ConfusedOuch 

It would be a shame if Club pulled away early, as in our new format with only one promotion position, there would be less interest in the season.

The relegation battle might be more interesting with two going down.
Westcliff with their points deduction look to be in some trouble, but there is still a long way to go. 

I watched my first game of the season on Saturday at The Rugby Park.  A decent BP win for my lot, the caveat being that that City Side was perhaps, the weakest I can recall in 20yrs of watching them. 
LHTT View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:13
Westcliffe points deduction, not Rochford, sorry, Essex all the same to me! 

What's the points deduction for?

I think it's too early to be talking about Club pulling away when we are 1 point clear after 4 games.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:28
I believe it is for not fulfilling games last season, when there was no relegation, so carried over to this season.

You may only be one point ahead, but do have a game in hand
Sweeney Delenda Est
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:31
Not sure if this the right forum topic but I just wanted to give a big shout out for Zoe and her dinner ladies at Barnes on Saturday. Three Ancient Oaks arrived travel weary, thirsty and hungry having been denied our customary pre match local pub refreshment by horrendous traffic delays on the A3. Throwing ourselves at the mercy of these culinary angels they feasted us on steak pie, veg and gravy without batting an eyelid all washed down with a couple of pints of Ruddles - thank you ladies! Barnes hospitality helped to soften the subsequent blow of the thumping we got on the pitch - a few key talismans missing I'm afraid. No excuse I know. Barnes are a slick unit but we'll be back!

"Heaven prosper our sport"
LHTT View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:58
What's the latest on your pitch AO?

And I heard a rumour that there may be issues relating to a points deduction for Sevenoaks too, something to do with the registration of an Australian last season? (I'm not trying to stir things up, genuinely interested!)
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:13
Quietly happy with Dorking's start to the season in a higher league

For the 3 promoted clubs you simply don't know what you have stepped into so a soiid start is welcomeBig smile

ThamesEstuaryMan View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThamesEstuaryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:59
As a Westcliff supporter, I’m pleased that we are currently more competitive than we were in this league last season. It was a shame that an unfortunate first half red card probably cost us, what would have been a confidence building first win a couple of weeks back. It’s going to be another tough season though and we will need to keep everyone fit, and have some luck if we are to have any chance of picking up the wins we will need to get out of the bottom two. One thing is for sure, the lads won’t give up.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 13:03
Dorking has been at this level before, it was only seven years ago. Though things change rapidly, so I am not sure how much that helps.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 13:05
Hi Shamrose........Dorking do have some previous, though the current side is not as strong as the team that were promoted last time around.......with messrs Crow and Pimelow at the helm ?  They flattered to get promoted again for a while did they not ?  I think Crow was up at Dry Leas last year but I have not seen his name on the team sheet thus far.

I imagine this year's side are strengthened by the addition of four Raiders ?  I reckon two of them could, arguably, play level 3.   
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 16:26
[QUOTE=LHTT]What's the latest on your pitch AO?

And I heard a rumour that there may be issues relating to a points deduction for Sevenoaks too, something to do with the registration of an Australian last season? (I'm not trying to stir things up, genuinely interested!)
[/
The latest I hear is that our pitch should be OK for our next home match v Canterbury on the 22nd Oct. Very embarrassing for us but totally out of our hands. We played our home match v Dorking on a cracking pitch at Sevenoaks School.
Dont know anything about the rumour you mention.QUOTE]
"Heaven prosper our sport"
honestinjun View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 18:54
Ancient, that is ever so kind of you to say, Zoe and her team are brilliant and I am so pleased she looked after you and some of the weary Oaks who travelled, I think you got Barnes on the bounce back as we were so poor at Henley the previous week. 
HonestInjun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic