National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Ampthill v Caldy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ampthill v Caldy
    Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 17:28
It has been an extremely busy week and I have only just realised it is Friday. 

Tonight Caldy's 2nd xv have a league match at Paton Field and tomorrow the 1st xv travel to Ampthill. My gorgeous and very patient wife has seen little of me for weeks and it was with some trepidation that I broached the subject of this weekend's rugby.

As a bit of an icebreaker I previewed these two exciting games for her and in order to assuage her understandable yearning for my company I have suggested that in all fairness I should only watch one of these games and spend some quality time with her.

It is her choice....

- a cosy Friday night at home together but then being deserted by me from silly o' clock tomorrow morning to stupid o'clock Saturday night  

- or Friday night with me at Paton Field or (home alone with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc) but then the delight of my company for all day Saturday

I'm off to Dillingham Park at 6.30 a.m. tomorrow

Edited by Big Eddie - 21 Oct 2022 at 17:30
''The future isn't what it used to be''
AmpthillRUFC View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmpthillRUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 18:11
See you there Eddie
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 18:15
Enjoy BE, look forward to dispatches from the front line as & when…
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 08:22
Enjoy your trip down to sunny Ampthill. And remember to suck that fresh air into your lungs as you enjoy the walk through the woods between the clubhouse and the pitch. Wish I could be there.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 09:10
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

It has been an extremely busy week and I have only just realised it is Friday. 

Tonight Caldy's 2nd xv have a league match at Paton Field and tomorrow the 1st xv travel to Ampthill. My gorgeous and very patient wife has seen little of me for weeks and it was with some trepidation that I broached the subject of this weekend's rugby.

As a bit of an icebreaker I previewed these two exciting games for her and in order to assuage her understandable yearning for my company I have suggested that in all fairness I should only watch one of these games and spend some quality time with her.

It is her choice....

- a cosy Friday night at home together but then being deserted by me from silly o' clock tomorrow morning to stupid o'clock Saturday night  

- or Friday night with me at Paton Field or (home alone with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc) but then the delight of my company for all day Saturday

I'm off to Dillingham Park at 6.30 a.m. tomorrow
That’s the true gent I remember 
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 09:58
Bet she let you go to both LOLWink
is it stours year yet
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 14:55
A 7 C 24 38 mins
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 15:24
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

A 7 C 24 38 mins

This was the HT score. But As now ahead 26-24 around the hour
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic