National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Top try scorers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top try scorers
    Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 01:32
As fans and loyal supporters of our clubs, what position would you prefer your clubs top try scorer to be? In terms of entertainment value?

I think it’s great to watch a players like Adam Radwan (ex DMP) Cam Mitchell (ex DMP and now ex RP) or Morgan Passman ( DMP) finishing solo or team plays from 80, 60, 40, or 20m’s out.

I can’t or don’t see how a kick to corner, rolling maul and try (all be it extremely effective) being anywhere as entertaining?

Would be interested in peoples thoughts as I guess it represents the type of game we would prefer to watch.
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 08:17
Adam Radwan was ex Middlesbrough and Billingham. They were the ones that nurtured and developed him.  Passman was Ex Yarm and then Gosforth Academy AASE scheme.  

I would love to see them in my team colours though
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:04
Cambridge have a very efficient catch and drive - but our hookers also score in open play, recycling ball when the winger is tackled just short.

Our top scorer this season is Kwaku Asiedu on the wing, followed by hooker Will Priestly.
But Penalty Try is also doing well - teams are finding different ways of illegally (not) stopping us scoring.
Sweeney Delenda Est
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:20
Originally posted by backrowb backrowb wrote:

Adam Radwan was ex Middlesbrough and Billingham. They were the ones that nurtured and developed him.  Passman was Ex Yarm and then Gosforth Academy AASE scheme.  

I would love to see them in my team colours though

My point was not about the clubs who bring through players at all
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:49
If you do not want the opposition to score catch and drive tries, then do not give away penalties.
If you want to see more wingers scoring, make sure your pitch is the full 70 metres wide - and yes, I am looking at you Leicester Tigers (though the Stoop is only a little better).

Sweeney Delenda Est
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 13:48
Who's the top try scorer in Nat 1 at the moment?
Enjoying life!
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 14:45
Originally posted by front5 front5 wrote:

As fans and loyal supporters of our clubs, what position would you prefer your clubs top try scorer to be? In terms of entertainment value?

I think it’s great to watch a players like Adam Radwan (ex DMP) Cam Mitchell (ex DMP and now ex RP) or Morgan Passman ( DMP) finishing solo or team plays from 80, 60, 40, or 20m’s out.

I can’t or don’t see how a kick to corner, rolling maul and try (all be it extremely effective) being anywhere as entertaining?

Would be interested in peoples thoughts as I guess it represents the type of game we would prefer to watch.

Rolling Mauls can be entertaining - how the players co-ordinate together is a art. 

What I would like to see is a try from all the moves that teams practise during warm up but then immediately forget when the whistle to start the game blows Wink
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 15:05
I cant agree with that first line Cam...
Some teams deliberately play for pens at scrums etc, kick to a corner, maul over...  effective - yes, entertaining - no!
I know what I would rather pay to watch...
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 15:10
better  off not having a top try scorer  cause they usually  go to  join another club  just  have lots of individuals   who  score plenty of trys between them  
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 15:11
Sweeney Delenda Est
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 15:53
Thanks Camquin. 

Enjoying life!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 17:26
I like to see team tries - I want to see the forwards winning the ball, then backs passing well, back row supporting when the move threatens to break down and then anyone finishes the move as the opposition wilt under the team pressure.

Hasn't happened yet this season - this week, perhaps?
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 18:40
Originally posted by Jester10 Jester10 wrote:

Who's the top try scorer in Nat 1 at the moment?

Morgan Passman 
AuntyM View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 19:08

I would love to see them in my team colours though.

Radwan, nurtured and developed by Middlesbrough and Billingham. 

Really !!!

They would love to think so and invariably do so on a regular basis.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic