National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedRound 1 You love it really

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 16:29
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 16:50
Ealing 64 - Hartpury 10 FT. My five year old declined to come to the game because, and I quote, "Ealing are just going to kill them." Smart lad. Little to take away from that match.

Edited by gerg_861 - 06 Nov 2022 at 16:51
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 17:14
Fixtures & Results (englandrugby.com)
Tables & results for Round 1 for some reason excluding Donny/Cov

Edited by corporalcarrot - 06 Nov 2022 at 17:15
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 19:15
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 09:51
Your son is Right, what is the point of this cup, unless Ealing send out their 3B side then there is no point in turning up to take a hammering, clubs are already resting players ready for the next round of serious fixtures in the league. The decision not to go to a 14-team league was a mistake. 12 plus the cup is the same number of games and they would be more competitive and attract bigger crowds, the excuse that it would mean spreading the RFU money thinner no longer applies as clubs are only getting £140 less insurance now. 
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:05
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

26-17 FT

Oh my. Did Blues put out an experimental team?

I think the lack of any comment from Bedford fans , win or lose shows exactly how little support there is for this cup competition in its current format. There would usually be in depth analysis by knowledgeable Blues supporters but absolutely no response is surprising . No try of the day, no disputing referees decisions and mention of the Blues opposition tries from rolling mauls. 
I am not overly keen on this cup competition but I did attend . It is a rugby match and there were some new combinations and debuts. 
There seemed to be a uplift in defence and a collective resolve and determination to hold the line. The Forthcoming game against Jersey will be incredibly interesting from both teams. How much will be given away or retained for the league games. Will Jersey dominate the set piece ?. I am looking forward to that game but dependant on long haul flights to make the game at Ealing Trailfinders.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:24
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

Your son is Right, what is the point of this cup, unless Ealing send out their 3B side then there is no point in turning up to take a hammering, clubs are already resting players ready for the next round of serious fixtures in the league. The decision not to go to a 14-team league was a mistake. 12 plus the cup is the same number of games and they would be more competitive and attract bigger crowds, the excuse that it would mean spreading the RFU money thinner no longer applies as clubs are only getting £140 less insurance now. 
Some clubs appear to adopt this approach, but Ealing certainly don't - they want to win it and their squad is so strong they can rotate the squad and still do the business. Jersey travel to Vallis Way in round 3 and I'm looking forward to seeing that match far more than a league game against one of the clubs in the bottom half of the table. Ealing will be strongly fancied to win but I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't have to work for it.
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 11:03
This could have been a lot more interesting if we had a competition involving Champ teams and Nat 1 teams. Something different for supporters of all those clubs and a chance to visit different places and meet new rugby people. The only benefit of the current cup competition is that some "fringe" players get a chance to show what they can do and impress the coaches.
*Stalwart
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 13:10
Pictorial evidence suggests Blues fans visited RAG for our second trip in a week.

It was also biggest night of the year at Goldington Road as we hosted the annual fireworks.

Interesting hearing spectators saying they didn’t know what the ground was like, or it’s drinking facilities. Some hinting they might come down for a game. 

Blues biggest weakness, imo, is not having a second team. A Wanderers team, with active promotion might bring some new faces to our club. Although I might have the conflict of Wanderers or Bedford Ath.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 18:26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic