National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Blaydon deduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blaydon deduction
    Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 16:12
Anybody know the reason why Blaydon have had a 5-point deduction?
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 16:50
Huddersfield and Harrogate also with 5 point deductions. 
Cauliflower ear.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 17:13
Huddersfield and Harrogate failed to raise a team late last season - deduction carried over to 22/23. Can't help you with Blaydon! 
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 17:41
I was told yesterday that it was a DR issue at the Fylde game. 
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 17:48
Seems to have occurred about a month ago - there is a reference to it in the update for week 11 as happening the previous month. But only appeared in the table last week.

But I cannot see a reference to what it was for.

Deductions are usually for not having enough front-row players, or having an unregistered player.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 18:09
I think you will find it was the game against Sheffield RUFC recently where they used some unregistered Newcastle Falcons players. 

It came up in the pre match  lunch speech by the Sheffield Chairman yesterday. 

All the best 

ST 
Give him one with handles on
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 18:16
I thought that was not possible with GMS unless of course the players didn’t match the names
So many Christians not enough Lions
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 18:31
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

I think you will find it was the game against Sheffield RUFC recently where they used some unregistered Newcastle Falcons players. 

It came up in the pre match  lunch speech by the Sheffield Chairman yesterday. 

All the best 

ST 

The Blaydon Chairman mentioned the Fylde game.
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 18:42
Sorry Hopper, My apologies as you were not at Park Lane yesterday. 😂😂Maybe (The Sheffield RUFC Chairman) made a speech about his club being a victim of unfair play to get some sympathy. Maybe I had too many G&Ts!!!

At the end of the day I am just adding a point someone ( allegedly) directly effected told me. 

Enjoy your night. 

All the best

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 04 Dec 2022 at 19:17
Give him one with handles on
Red over White View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 14:03
Thanks all
sedgley dave View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 17:20
So should we now expect Stourbridge to suffer a deduction? And how do they decide whether the points sanction applies to this season, or next, as in the cases of Harrogate and Huddersfield?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 17:49
As there is relegation, I would expect any deduction to apply this season.
Though the RFU can choose to suspect part of the deduction, the suspended part to apply if the offence is repeated.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 19:28
Harrogate & Hudds were only carried over to this season as they would have had no effect last. I see no reason why Stour should expect anything other than a 5 point deduction immediately (or when ratified by RFU which seems to take about 4 weeks but they might be busy on other matters!?)
Interesting to see if they can get a side out this weekend - would seem to depend on other clubs lending them players - farcical in my opinion! 

Edited by Thatbloke - 06 Dec 2022 at 19:29
NeilSKN View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilSKN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 22:47
The post starts off about a possible Blaydon deduction and ends mentioning a Stourbridge deduction. Different leagues! Can someone clarify what’s going on.

Edited by NeilSKN - 08 Dec 2022 at 22:48
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 09:24
The Blaydon deduction has been confirmed, and we have clarified that it was for an unregistered player. They borrowed a Newcastle loan player without getting the paperwork correct.

Which has led to people speculating on the possible Stourbridge deduction - for not fulfilling their match last week - which is still working its way through the system. Caused because they could not borrow players from their usual sources, Worcester and Wasps.

I would not expect threads on this board to stay on topic.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic