National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

How's the weather?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How's the weather?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 15:30
Anyone experiencing the start of winter problems pitch wise? Lions are due to travel to Exeter, is it still bucket and spade weather or will we need a scarf?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 15:45
Everyone in N2 West has long journeys on Saturday - Lucs to Clifton is about the shortest I think.
At the moment the minus temperatures overnight are being cleared by sun and +3 or 4 degrees temperatures but there is very little sun, if any, forecast for Saturday and plus 1 or 2 degrees at best so with early inspections having to be made I would envisage multiple postponements this week - sadly 2 weeks running for you tigerburnie! What WILL be interesting is if the Stour plastic is playable in which case they will be liable to another 5 point deduction if unable to raise a team. I guess they will be praying for a postponement more than most!! 
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 11:37
Who decides if it is playable? Overtures of Ampthill (I have a long memory)!
oldman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 12:02
As I understand it must be seen by a member of the RFU officials panel i.e. a referee, Assistant referee, referee coach or assessor. I believe convention is to try and make a decision prior to the visitors traveling. Not always possible. so if Redruth travelling to the Midlands a call should be made on Friday afternoon (I know Lufbra, Bournville  and Stour have plastic pitches should play anyway). Safe to say some of these calls made early and relying weather forecasts of temperature may go "mountain pepper up".
oldman
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 12:10
All correct Oldman
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 13:03
I would only add to oldman’s post that the official cannot be connected to the home club
So many Christians not enough Lions
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 14:07
Rabbie........forecast -6C overnight in Angmering.....The Rugby Park.  I would be surprised if the game is played.  Plus one end stays in the shadow of the trees......so does not thaw as I recall.

For everybody else.....see RFU reg 13 (a) for the processes that may be undertaken.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 14:55
Tynedale and Chinnor both already called off.
I do not hold much hope for Cambridge - but it will depend on the sun.
Sweeney Delenda Est
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 15:53
For anyone denied watching their favoured team tomorrow, the weather forecast for Orpington overnight is -3C but rising to +4C by kick-off at 14.00 so should go ahead.
It's our pre- Christmas lunch so a festive game v Medway is in store. Everyone is welcome and it's only a fiver LOL
The older I get, the better I was.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 16:42
Bury OFF
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 18:19
Thanks DR, we have been told that both yesterday and today pitch was fine at KO time but there is an inspection in the morning but I assume based on last couple of days it will have to be really solid for a decision at that time. It’s very awkward for all involved
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 10:22
Raiders v Club also now off
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 10:50
Sheffield Tigers v Sedge OFF 
Give him one with handles on
honestinjun View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 11:09
Barnes vs OAs is alas also off
HonestInjun
Red over White View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 11:21
Otley v Fylde is off
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:26
The weather forecast for Cambridge is to freeze every night this week, and only just to get above freezing in the day. So I am not holding out a lot of hope for next week.
Sweeney Delenda Est
IonMan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IonMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 13:21
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The weather forecast for Cambridge is to freeze every night this week, and only just to get above freezing in the day. So I am not holding out a lot of hope for next week.
Think that applies to a large part of the country. With clubs putting a large effort into good returns from Christmas Lunches at home matches it has come at a bad time. Predicted the thaw starts Saturday night!
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 10:09
Must be a doubt hanging over a lot of matches just now, such a shame if any are lost at this time of the year.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 17:30
Well Hall is currently covered in 2-3 inches of snow but the pitch underneath is fine but it’s whether the snow clears and after the frost disappears so probably looking for a Friday miracle
GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 22:20
Wharfedale vs Harrogate postponed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic