National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2022/23 - Week 10 Fixtures and Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022/23 - Week 10 Fixtures and Predictions
    Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 21:23
Saturday 17th December:
Ampthill v Nottingham - 1.30pm
Caldy v Ealing - 2pm
Jersey v Bedford - 2pm
Coventry v Richmond - 3pm
London Scottish v Hartpury - 3pm

Sunday 18th December:
Cornish Pirates v Doncaster - 2.30pm

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 22:23
Predictions:
Ampthill 4 v 1 Nottingham - A really tight one and could go either way but just think the As will grind this one out
Caldy 0 v 5 Ealing - The allotted points would suggest a rout is in order. I don’t expect that at all. The home team will be in this for 60-65 minutes but the extra quality and fitness will show. If Ealing expect a cakewalk they’ve got another thing coming. 
Jersey 5 v 1 Bedford - The Reds to keep up their 100% record and give the Island a boost after recent events. Bedford, as usual, will score plenty themselves too.
Coventry 5 v 0 Richmond - As I uncannily forecast, Coventry couldn’t back up the Donny performance at Hartpury. However, at home they’ve been free scoring and I think that theme will continue.
London Scottish 5 v 2 Hartpury - This is another game that Scottish will be really targeting. Hartpury are a good side but inconsistent and LS are getting stronger game by game. High scoring home win
Cornish Pirates 0 v 4 Doncaster - A huge fixture for two misfiring sides. If Donny have got any chance of a top 3 finish they really do have to start showing their true potential away from home and this would be a good place to start. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:28
Predictions:
Ampthill 1 v 4 Nottingham - The Archers to win (just) on the road.
Caldy 0 v 5 Ealing - Again would love Caldy to work their magic but Ealing to strong
Jersey 5 v 0 Bedford - Jersey to maul the living bejesus out of Bedford (because it is tactically the right thing to do)
Coventry 4 v 1 Richmond - An early Xmas gift to the Cov faithful
London Scottish 2 v 5 Hartpury - Hartpury to do the business but Scottish to press them hard
Cornish Pirates 1 v 4 Doncaster - Two out of sorts Teams but hoping that Donny do enough to make the long trip home a bit better than usual from there.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
AnIdiotAbroad View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnIdiotAbroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 06:36
Ampthill 1 v  4 Nottingham 
Caldy 0 v  5 Ealing 
Jersey 5 v 1 Bedford 
Coventry 5 v 0 Richmond 
London Scottish 1 v 5 Hartpury 
Cornish Pirates 4 v 0 Doncaster 
Transparency avoids ambiguity
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 13:56
Ampthill 1 - 4 Nottingham ... A cracking game this one and should go late in the game, but I will go for the Archers who have been playing very well for scant reward recently.
Caldy 0 - 5 Ealing ... A home win for the romantics and Caldy will have their moments, but this Ealing side is just too strong. Perhaps on a bog of a pitch they would stand a chance, but even then...
Jersey 5 - 1 Bedford ... I just love the games against Bedford and I expect a really exciting game. However, I think that Jersey can add flair to the muscle up front and will be too strong for the Blues. I still love watching them play though.
Coventry 5 - 1 Richmond ... Another cracking game on paper, but Cov to pull away in the final quarter as Jersey did against them a couple of weeks ago.
London Scottish 0 - 5 Hartpury ... Glos 2nds to be too strong for McQuinns in this one. Could be a very entertaining game though.
Cornish Pirates 4 - 1 Doncaster ... Not a clue for this one, really no idea! The re-building Pirates against an out of sorts Donny. Home advantage just grabs it for me....just!!

Good luck everyone. And for those at home, don't forget your festive Jersey's and hats!!
Tackle Low!!!!!
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 17:12
Ampthill 4-1 Nottingham. The As have had a poor run. Last week though they ground out a draw at Richmond and I expect them to go one further this week.
Caldy 0-5 Ealing. Sorry, Caldy, but it doesn’t matter who Ealing play, I think they will continue to wallop the opposition.
Jersey 5-0 Bedford. Jersey should score 4 tries. I don’t think Bedford will.
Coventry 5-0 Richmond. Coventry’s form at home is very good.
L Scottish 0-4 Hartpury. Not my favourite match up with Hartpury possibly scraping a low scoring win. Watch this now become a 35-35 classic.
Pirates 5-1 Doncaster. Pirates are strong in Penzanze and Doncaster are having a glum period.

I am off to sunnier lands for Christmas so to everyone who contributes to this forum and everyone that reads their content, have a nice Xmas.

I am also expecting 5,000 plus to be watching Bedford lose to Ampthill on Boxing Day.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 17:22
Amps 5-2 Archers Two well matched teams who play to win
Ravers 2-2 Trailfinders Stop laughing it might happen
Jersey 4-1 Blues A forward grind on a Baltic day at St Peter (I recommend the new range of spicy pastries in the Watering Hole tent)
Cov 4-1 Mond Should be close and could go either way
McQuins 5-0 Glawspury Exiles starting to wake up to the risk of relegation will target this one
Pirates 4-1 Donny Surely the tie of the round and if its streamed I hope to watch it with a can of Doombar
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 18:06
ampthill 4 1 nottingham
caldy     1 5 ealing
jersey    5  0 bedford
coventry  5 0 richmond
scottish   5  1 hartpury
pirates     4  1  doncaster
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 21:56
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Amps 5-2 Archers Two well matched teams who play to win
Ravers 2-2 Trailfinders Stop laughing it might happen
Jersey 4-1 Blues A forward grind on a Baltic day at St Peter (I recommend the new range of spicy pastries in the Watering Hole tent)
Cov 4-1 Mond Should be close and could go either way
McQuins 5-0 Glawspury Exiles starting to wake up to the risk of relegation will target this one
Pirates 4-1 Donny Surely the tie of the round and if its streamed I hope to watch it with a can of Doombar

The cans are brewed in Burton I’m afraid.

Edited by cheshire exile - 13 Dec 2022 at 21:57
Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 09:26
Surely most games already in doubt given the frost in the ground?  I imagine Ampthill vs Nottingham a doubt? 
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 09:53
Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

Surely most games already in doubt given the frost in the ground?  I imagine Ampthill vs Nottingham a doubt? 

Forecast for Penzance is 13 degrees! Oh, and 95% chance of heavy, thundery rain and 40 mph wind!
*Stalwart
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 09:54
ampthill 4 1 nottingham
caldy     0 5 ealing
jersey    4  1 bedford
coventry  4 1 richmond
scottish   4  1 hartpury
pirates     4  1  doncaster
*Stalwart
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 10:11
Originally posted by *Stalwart *Stalwart wrote:

Forecast for Penzance is 13 degrees! Oh, and 95% chance of heavy, thundery rain and 40 mph wind!

Average winter's Saturday in Cornwall isn't it?
Tackle Low!!!!!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 10:29

I hope that's 13 degrees centigrade?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 10:50
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

I hope that's 13 degrees centigrade?

Underground heating will sort it. 😉
Cauliflower ear.
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 10:54
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Average winter's Saturday in Cornwall isn't it?
Quite respectable for a summer Saturday, as I recall.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 11:25
I would add Reds v Blues to the list of games that aren't in doubt...

As a general thing it irks me when people speculate along these lines without having any specific knowledge, at a time when clubs are trying to market games, sell tickets etc
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 15:10
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

I would add Reds v Blues to the list of games that aren't in doubt...

As a general thing it irks me when people speculate along these lines without having any specific knowledge, at a time when clubs are trying to market games, sell tickets etc

Already seen some Blues hats around town today. Some are clearly making it a loooooong weekend!!
Tackle Low!!!!!
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 15:49
Ampthill 1 - 4 Nottingham 
Caldy 0 - 5 Ealing 
Jersey 5 - 2 Bedford 
Coventry 5 - 0 Richmond 
London Scottish 2 - 5 Hartpury 
Cornish Pirates 4 - 0 Doncaster
One Club
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 15:59
Ampthill 1 v 4 Nottingham 
Caldy 0 v 5 Ealing 
Jersey 5 v 1 Bedford 
Coventry 5 v 0 Richmond 
London Scottish 1 v 5 Hartpury 
Cornish Pirates 4 v 0 Doncaster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic