National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 2 West so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 16:58
Serious sounding injury at Hinckley, game had to be moved to another pitch, unsure of player condition or if the game has finished yet.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 17:00
Originally posted by Lucky Lucky wrote:

Lucs 45 17 Barum FT

I've updated post above, good result for your lads too
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 17:04
Sounds like Hinckley won, but there's three different scores on their facebook page?
oldman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 18:49
Hinckley won, not sure of score. Injured player was Hinckley’s number 10 , Archie Head? Medics there within 10 mins and taken to hospital. Get well soon 
oldman
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 19:13
Hinckley 35-5 Old Reds FT
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 09:45
Well I've steered away from controversy long enough, time to bait a hook and see what happens lol/
Most leagues seem to be playing the guess who's going to win or fall game, so here's my six pennorth for what it's worth.
I think the bottom six are likely to stay as they are, minor adjustment possible. even if the Stourbridge members do vote for certain death of their club and let in what looks like fully professional asset strippers.
The top is likely to be a bit more uncertain, though with Clifton getting turned over at home yesterday, a 12 point lead is looking more comfortable, but we know what has happened in the past.
so the top could well be 
Leicester Lions
Clifton
Dings
Redruth
and the bottom
Newport
Bournville
Barnstaple
Stourbridge....................................so what do ya think?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 09:49
Latest from Stour - informal members meeting on Friday - majority in favour of Atlas proposal. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 20:28
This coming weekends games are full of intrigue with quite a few games that could go either way, there's so much at stake as we start to move towards the end game.
Lucts v Loughboro' Students being a game to show this, Lucts were struggling to establish a run of results, but have put in some fine performances leading me to predict a home win, but the Students really ought to doing better than they are, they seem to be struggling away from home. Only two points separate them but home advantage should see Lucts home.
Newport and Stour find themselves at the wrong end of the table, putting aside the off field shenanigans I still see Newport taking the points, though to be fair, Stour have started to play and a result is bound to come, just maybe too many distractions for them this week with an uncertain future for the club.
Hinckley are a good side at home and Exeter Uni, a bit like their fellow Students at Loughboro' seem to have begun well, but seem to have drifted into the mid table position, 5 points would see them level with Hinckley, but I think the journey may be a fruitless one.
Bournville will be looking forward to the visit of leaders Leicester Lions, they will fancy causing an upset at home and this is a potential banana skin of a game, but I predict the Lions to continue their unbeaten run for another week, they really are in fine form just now.
I've gone for another home win in the Old Reds v Barnstaple game as I feel the home side with a couple of games in hand will be going for a climb away from the danger zone, the pressure is on for the visitors to get some points for their own climb, but this might be a tough ask this weekend.
Dings v Redruth is going to be a corker, two sides both with one eye on the top of the table will both have this game down as a must win, I've gone for a home win, but this one could go either way, I think a high scoring close game here.
Hornets will have their hands full, Clifton cannot let another game slip from their grasp if they are to get the gap at the top of the table to close, I've tipped Hornets to perform at home, but Clifton to take the majority of the points on offer.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:50
Well is it too soon to say that this weekend could be season defining?
Hornets v Hinckley     
Exeter University v Newport     
Stourbridge v Luctonians     
Loughborough Students v Dings Crusaders     
Clifton v Leicester Lions     
Redruth v Old Redcliffians     
Barnstaple v Bournville     

I've gone for a home win for Hornets, Hinckley need the win to maintain their desired top four finish, but Hornets are fighting the drop zone.
Gone home win again for Exeter Uni, they are too far away from either end of the leagues, so if they continue the fine display that they showed at Hinckley, they should have too much for Newport(Salop)
I cannot see how Stourbridge can conjure up a win now, they seem to have lost their way and all this off field business cannot help their players concentrate on the job in hand, Luctonians won't have it all their own way, but I fancy an away win here.
Loughboro Students are a bit like Exeter Uni, not going to bother either end of the league and Dings are building up a head of steam for their traditional charge for the top of the table, another away win I think.
This is the tie of the round first visiting second in the league, a winner takes all? well no not quite, but if my predicted away win for the Lions does occur, then the implications are clear. Both sides will know what this means. Clifton have shown chinks in their armour and I reckon this Lions side can exploit that.
Redcliffians are fighting their way away from the bottom of the table, but Redruth at home, another side on a traditional charge for the top of the table, this match has home win written all over it I think.
Bournville showed against the Leicester Lions last week that they are no easy side to take and Barnstaple are not really firing, this match could go either way and I expect it to be close, but I've taken the easy option and called home advantage here.

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:12
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Well is it too soon to say that this weekend could be season defining?
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Hornets v Hinckley     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Exeter University v Newport     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Stourbridge v Luctonians     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Loughborough Students v Dings Crusaders     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Clifton v Leicester Lions     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Redruth v Old Redcliffians     </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Barnstaple v Bournville     </span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I've gone for a home win for Hornets, Hinckley need the win to maintain their desired top four finish, but Hornets are fighting the drop zone.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Gone home win again for Exeter Uni, they are too far away from either end of the leagues, so if they continue the fine display that they showed at Hinckley, they should have too much for Newport(Salop)</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I cannot see how Stourbridge can conjure up a win now, they seem to have lost their way and all this off field business cannot help their players concentrate on the job in hand, Luctonians won't have it all their own way, but I fancy an away win here.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Loughboro Students are a bit like Exeter Uni, not going to bother either end of the league and Dings are building up a head of steam for their traditional charge for the top of the table, another away win I think.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">This is the tie of the round first visiting second in the league, a winner takes all? well no not quite, but if my predicted away win for the Lions does occur, then the implications are clear. Both sides will know what this means. Clifton have shown chinks in their armour and I reckon this Lions side can exploit that.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Redcliffians are fighting their way away from the bottom of the table, but Redruth at home, another side on a traditional charge for the top of the table, this match has home win written all over it I think.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Bournville showed against the Leicester Lions last week that they are no easy side to take and Barnstaple are not really firing, this match could go either way and I expect it to be close, but I've taken the easy option and called home advantage here.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>

Not quite so straightforward this week, as you say several of the games could easily go either way.
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 10:35
 Leicester Lions201901632327305161930
 Clifton201505720410310161770
 Dings201406653535118154750
 Hinckley19131554048357131680
 Redruth191306615417198122660
 Luctonians191207539317222113620

Exeter University20120860053466113620

Loughborough Students1982961759324146560

Old Redcliffians188010448534-8682420

Hornets206014521644-123106400

Newport195014403711-308114350

Barnstaple205015354568-21454290

Bournville193115417673-25685270

Stourbridge201019432745-31310413-5

Edited by tigerburnie - 26 Feb 2023 at 10:36
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 10:50
After some impressive results this weekend the league looks to be in two halves with any of the top half capable of finishing in the top four and any of the lower half possible bottom three candidates.
With Redruth, Clifton, Dings and Hinckley all losing this weekend the table has tightened up in the middle, but the bottom three are looking set. Stour are putting together some performances but they just can't buy a win, Bournville's win and a game in hand could just give them a chance, but Newport keep finding points and also have a game in hand, Barnstaple seem to be finding the going tough, losing at home to rivals Bournville could be crucial.
Can I see anyone catching leaders Lions at the top? well of course it could happen, but with only two away games at Hornets and Redruth, the fixture list is looking kind for them, concentration will be vital.
Fudgepacker View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fudgepacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 20:14
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

After some impressive results this weekend the league looks to be in two halves with any of the top half capable of finishing in the top four and any of the lower half possible bottom three candidates.
With Redruth, Clifton, Dings and Hinckley all losing this weekend the table has tightened up in the middle, but the bottom three are looking set. Stour are putting together some performances but they just can't buy a win, Bournville's win and a game in hand could just give them a chance, but Newport keep finding points and also have a game in hand, Barnstaple seem to be finding the going tough, losing at home to rivals Bournville could be crucial.
Can I see anyone catching leaders Lions at the top? well of course it could happen, but with only two away games at Hornets and Redruth, the fixture list is looking kind for them, concentration will be vital.

It's not the bottom 3 that matters. Only 2 relegation places this season, so the real scrap is between Barnstaple, Bournville and Stourbridge as to which of them escapes the drop. As you say, our nail-biting win away in North Devon yesterday could prove to be crucial, but there's still a long way to go and many potential banana skins along the way.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 21:19
Barnstaple fixture list looks brutal, they have a tough set of games coming up with back to back games against Lions, Clifton and Redruth.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 22:26
None of those run ins look easy

Sat 04-Mar-2023     
Dings Crusaders v Stourbridge     
Leicester Lions v Barnstaple     
Bournville v Redruth     

Sat 11-Mar-2023     
Stourbridge v Old Redcliffians     
Loughborough Students v Bournville     
Clifton v Barnstaple     

Sat 25-Mar-2023     
Bournville v Stourbridge     
Barnstaple v Redruth     

Sat 01-Apr-2023     
Exeter University v Bournville     
Leicester Lions v Stourbridge     
Loughborough Students v Barnstaple     

Sat 15-Apr-2023     
Barnstaple v Stourbridge     
Bournville v Hornets     

Sat 22-Apr-2023
Hinckley v Bournville     
Exeter University v Barnstaple     
Stourbridge v Redruth          

Sat 29-Apr-2023     
Old Redcliffians v Bournville

Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:15
I'm pleased to see none of you have brought Newport into the equation but we are far from resting easy with much work still to be done. Yes I am hopeful we will survive and with 5 of our 7 remaining games at home we have some sort of advantage but the last few games of anyone's season tends to throw up some unusual results and certainly we have a case where teams with their backs to the wall playing, yes good teams, but with nothing left to play for. All I can say is expect the unexpected! 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:46
Yes us armchair experts doing the weekly predictions could well get a bloody nose with clubs fighting at both end of the table. This is exactly why the ring fencing of the Premiership is wrong morally and from a spectators point of view, robbing them of a spectacle worthy of paying the gate fee.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 17:04
Talking of which....................
Old Redcliffians v Loughborough Students    
Dings Crusaders v Stourbridge    
Luctonians v Exeter University    
Newport v Hornets    
Leicester Lions v Barnstaple    
Bournville v Redruth    
Hinckley v Clifton

Once again I'm taking a few easy options where close games may well go with home advantage and I begin with the first one. Old Reds one place behind the Students in the league, it's going to be a middle of the table tussle, but with Old Reds just needing a few more points just to make sure they don't drift down the table, home win for me.
Dings v Stour looks like a banker home win, but what do I know, stranger things have happened, but not this week. Home win.
Lucts v Exeter Uni could be even closer, this has draw written all over it, but as they are rarer than me being correct, I have gone for a 5-2 points tally in favour of the home side.
Newport v Hornets is another that could go either way and again I've gone home win again in what I predict to be a close encounter.
This one is one I feel Huckleberryy enough to say this is a home win, with only one loss at home all season, I will put the kiss of death on the Lions going 5-0 in the points tally.
Bournville need the win more than anyone, but I don't think Redruth are going to slip up again, this one I've gone away win.
Hinckley are a fine side at home(not bad away either), but Clifton still believe they can catch the Lions and will go for this like their season depends on it, they threw everything into their game last week and I expect them to make sure they don't lose to another Leicestershire side, away win for me.

Edited by tigerburnie - 27 Feb 2023 at 17:14
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 18:41
Well I didn't do too well again lol
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 21:56
Despite the carnage that was my weekly predictions, I was very impressed with some of the score sheets, every game is a battle, some very high scoring matches and surprises as well.
The league is by no means fixed and there's still a lot of rugby to be played, Cliftons score line at Hinckley(one prediction I did come close to predicting) shows they have not given up chasing the Leicester Lions position. Lions were made to work hard in the first half by a very determined Barum side, again a second half performance saw the league leaders home. Loughboro' Students breaking Old Reds hearts in the last moments of the game, Dings, Lucts and Newport romping home in their home fixtures and Bournville showing they aren't done yet beating Redruth, all sets up some mouth watering fixtures next weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic