National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 2 West so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 14:49
Hinckley 4-1 Newport    
Hornets 1-4 Luctonians    
Exeter University 2-5 Dings Crusaders    
Stourbridge 1-4 Old Redcliffians    
Loughborough Students 5-2 Bournville    
Redruth 2-5 Leicester Lions    
Clifton 5-0 Barnstaple  

Well I'll try and justify my daftness in the above...........................
Hinckley are seemingly finding the business end of the season tough, still think they'll win at home, but not easily.
Lucts seem to be finding their mojo and I reckon the can pinch this win.
Exeter Uni v Dings really could go either way, but I fancy Dings pinching a close one.
Stour are I think done for the year, if half of what is being said is true I would not be surprised if they couldn't raise a side, Old Reds to win.
Loughboro' Students v the Choccos could be close too, but I've gone for home advantage.
Last season Redruth lost in their last game to the Lions, spoiling their party, I reckon that despite some drop in recent form they will do their best to pee on Lions parade. It will be close, but Lions will nick it.
Clifton will keep on battling to the end, don't see them losing at home, despite Barnstaple's storming form last weekend.

tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:34
15:00
Hinckley
-
Newport
14:30
Hornets
-
Luctonians
14:00
Exeter University
-
Dings
Stourbridge
-
Old Redcliffians
Loughborough Students
-
Bournville
Redruth
-
Leicester Lions
14:30
Clifton
-
Barnstaple
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:45
Well apart from Stours fine home win I got the results right just not got the hang of predicting the scores. Still all to play for but as next week is a catch up weekend with only three fixtures, nothing is yet decided at either end of the league.
Old Redcliffians 1-4 Luctonians    
Hinckley 5-2 Loughborough Students    
Newport 1-4 Redruth   
My predictions for the coming week are a lot less confident as any of these could be the opposite, all the teams have something to scrap for, Hinckley and Loughboro' have the not insignificant local bragging rights to go for and Hinckley want to stay in the top four, Loughboro' may feel they haven't had the best of the season and will want to finish on a high note.
I think Old Reds are safe from the drop zone, but Lucs will want to try and push for the top four slot themselves, this one will be close too I think and could easily go either way.
Newport will really want this one, points still required to avoid the drop zone, but I expect Redruth to bounce back after this weekends fixture.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 19:15
Old Redcliffians
-
Luctonians
Hinckley
-
Loughborough Students
14:15
Newport
-
Redruth

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 19:26
Old Redcliffians 1-4 Luctonians    
Hinckley 5-2 Loughborough Students    
Newport 1-4 Redruth 

So ............................didn't I do well.
Hats off to Old Reds and Newport, superb results and Hinckley surviving by their fingernails, getting a penalty try in the last 5 minutes to level the score having been behind all game. Old Reds and Newport climb out of the bottom four danger zone whilst Hinckley cling on to the top four.  Redruth and the Students sit just in the top half, both capable of having an effect on the league positions of others, Redruth travel to Barnstaple who are in desperate need for points and the Students are away to Table toppers Leicester Lions, motivation for all sides for sure.

Edited by tigerburnie - 18 Mar 2023 at 19:27
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 16:29
Leicester Lions 5-0 Loughborough Students    
Bournville 4-1 Stourbridge    
Old Redcliffians 5-2 Exeter University    
Dings Crusaders 5-0 Hornets    
Luctonians 5-2 Hinckley    
Barnstaple 1-4 Redruth    
Newport 2-5 Clifton  

Some real guessing and a bit of hoping all mixed together this week, it would be nice for the Lions to top off their excellent season with a win at home against local rivals, but will any nerves kick in or is the focus where it will need to be, it won't be one way traffic, but a home win seems the right call.
Bournville v Stour really has everything to play for a must win for both sides if they are to have a chance of avoiding the drop, home advantage could be enough.
Old Reds v Exeter Uni could go either way, I expect it to be high scoring and close, but again home advantage is my easy option choice.
Dings v Hornets should be a home banker, but with Hornets having one eye looking over their shoulder, this could be closer than I think.
Lucts v Hinckley is a battle for a top four spot and it could go either way, two strong sides, again I think high scoring with home advantage the boring option, but I think it will play into it.
Barnstaple desperate for points and Redruth having suffered with injuries, this game really could go either way, past form says an away win, but this could be the surprise of the round.
Newport have been putting in the performances and at home all my arguments should say they'll win, but Clifton will not give up on catching the Lions, so an away win for me.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:50
Man I am both excited and nervous, for someone of my age, that is a testimony to how sport can be a positive all round,
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:18
Great achievement to both players
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:56
TB

Steady your nerves. Have a large oneWinkLOL

Good luck to you and the Lions today 

Enjoy your game 

All the best 

ST 
Give him one with handles on
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 13:41
I'm at home in Scotland as I'm due to have my prostate removed next week so not at the game.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 13:42
TB

Sorry to hear that. Good luck next week👍

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 25 Mar 2023 at 13:43
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 17:11
I've had a few knocks this past year or so, had half a kidney removed to get rid of a tumour, but hopefully get to some Nat 1 games next season. My son lives near Cambridge and Bishops Stortford, so might be sofa surfing lol.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 17:21
TB 

Sincerely sorry to hear that but at least you can enjoy the fact they you are Champions of your league and promotion to National One is next 

Well done to all at Lions.

Al the best

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 25 Mar 2023 at 17:51
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 17:49
Pretty sure I played against Sedge back in the 1970's, not for the first team though, thirds I think it was.
Bluepig View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bluepig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 19:32
Congratulations to lions well deserved  they have a great coach who dissects  and get thee team ready for each  game 
 How they get on next year who knows but clearly deservered winners  
But we did beat them at home 😂😜😜
The Only thing that held me back was a lack of Talent
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 20:04
There were some who thought this league was weaker and watered down, well the results say different, there's been superb games I have watched on youtube, effort, skill and really competitive games from start to finish.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:34
Well I must have done well equal first with Greenpower in the weeks guessing.............er I mean skilful predicting league.
But were there not some great results? Old Reds v Exeter Uni a draw and Bournville sneaking in by a point against Stourbridge.
Newport making it hard work for Clifton, Barnstaple picking a point against Redruth. Lucts taking a good scalp from Hinckley, Dings and Hornets having a good old West Country tussle giving the league an a very interesting look.
My old side finally, after coming close back in Nat 2 North, make it to the top as Champions after a very good performance against the Students.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:11
Newport 5-2 Luctonians     
Hinckley 5-2 Dings Crusaders     
Hornets 2-5 Old Redcliffians     
Exeter University 5-2v Bournville     
Leicester Lions 5-0 Stourbridge     
Loughborough Students 5-0 Barnstaple     
Clifton 5-0 Redruth  
After the giddy heights of last week I might just come a cropper this week, with only one away win predicted it looks like I've not given it much thought or I've taken the easy route. Looking at the table and recent results it just feels about right. There will be some battles, Stour will want to spoil the Lions party, I don't think they can beat the drop now, but just for old times sake I expect them to put on a show. Can't see this Lions side taking their foot off the gas though, same with Clifton, they'll want to finish on a high and old rivals Redruth will make them fight for it. The ones I've gone 5-2 are the ones that I think could go either way.
I'm in hospital this week to have my prostate removed along with a kidney stone, so I might not get to do the scores on Saturday, just depends how it goes.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:10
Hope all goes well TigerB! Rugby pales into insignificance a little when you've got your health to worry about. Hope you're back sharing your observations sooner rather than later! Best wishes and good luck! 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:26
Thanks for that, should be in, overnight stay and out, so I might be on the virtual touch line with a bit of luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic