National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Actual week 12 fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Actual week 12 fixtures
    Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 16:05
Friday 13/01/23
19:30 Cornish Pirates v Nottingham

Saturday 14/01/23
14:00 Caldy v Richmond
14:00 Doncaster v Hartpury
15:00 Coventry v Jersey Reds
15:00 Ealing Trail. v Ampthill
15:00 London Sc. v Bedford Blues

Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 17:40
Cornish Pirates 5 - 1 Nottingham … Strong performance from the Pirates against Donny, but I see Nottingham as a tougher test for the Cornishmen. However, I wouldn’t be surprised with more of the same.
Caldy 1 - 4 Richmond … Mond are a tough side to beat. They keep it tight and are not phased by partisan crowds. Caldy could be hit with a hangover here.
Doncaster 5 - 1 Hartpury … Donny at home are tough, although Hartpury are no pushovers these days. A tight, high scoring game for me.
Coventry 0 - 5Jersey … This fixture really worries me. Cov will square up to the Reds, but I have to go with my team and I think that they will want to make amends for the result at Vallis Way
Ealing 5 -0 Ampthill … And the short straw goes to Ampthill. That said, if they can keep the game tight, the more nervous Ealing will get. I do fancy BP’s to be in the bag by HT though.
LS 0 - 5 Bedford … The LS forwards would have to have the game if their lives to keep the ball away from Bedford if they have any chance in this game. Stick up yer jumper, lock it in the car and throw away the key…. Just can’t see it. Blurs backs to have a happy afternoon

Edited by Brizzer - 09 Jan 2023 at 21:29
Tackle Low!!!!!
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 17:54
pirates  5 0 nottingham
caldy     4 1 richmond
doncaster 5 0 hartpury
coventry   1 5 jersey
ealing        5 0 ampthill
scottish       1 5 bedford
PI003 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PI003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 18:04

Coventry 5 - 0 Jersey … This fixture really worries me. Cov will square up to the Reds, but I have to go with my team and I think that they will want to make amends for the result at Valois Way

Brizzer, you must be worried! Have you put the score the right way?

Cheers
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 18:08
Pirates  4 1 Nottingham - Pirates tough at home
Caldy     5 0 richmond - Caldy on a roll and fear no one . . a muddy slog fest
Doncaster 5 1 Hartpury - Donny stong at home
Coventry   4  1 Jersey - should be a great game . . . 
Ealing        5 0 Ampthill  - surely a backlash??
McQuins      4 1 Bedford - LS just going to keep bring in more and more Quins . . hopefully I am wrong and Bedford romp home!
Run with it
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 21:28
Originally posted by PI003 PI003 wrote:

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Coventry 5 - 0 Jersey … This fixture really worries me. Cov will square up to the Reds, but I have to go with my team and I think that they will want to make amends for the result at Valois Way</span>
</span>
<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Brizzer, you must be worried! Have you put the score the right way?</span>
</span>
<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Cheers</span>

Good point.
Apologies, I’m traveling at the moment and trying to do scores on my phone whilst at City airport probably wasn’t the best idea.
I will edit my original post, but it wouldn’t be a shock for 3rd to beat 2nd at home
Tackle Low!!!!!
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 21:33
Pirates  4 1 Nottingham
Caldy    4 1 Richmond
Doncaster 4 0 Hartpury
Coventry   1 4 Jersey
Ealing        5 0 Ampthill
Scottish     1 5 Bedford
*Stalwart
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 08:12
Originally posted by PI003 PI003 wrote:

Coventry 5 - 0 Jersey … This fixture really worries me. Cov will square up to the Reds, but I have to go with my team and I think that they will want to make amends for the result at Valois Way

Brizzer, you must be worried! Have you put the score the right way?

Cheers

He'll advise late afternoon. On Saturday... LOL
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:19
Pirates  4 1 Nottingham
Caldy    4 1 Richmond
Doncaster 5 1 Hartpury
Coventry   4 1 Jersey
Ealing        5 0 Ampthill
Scottish     2 5 Bedford

Edited by Old Gold - 11 Jan 2023 at 12:51
One Club
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:59
Friday 13/01/23
19:30 Cornish Pirates 4 v 1 Nottingham 

Saturday 14/01/23
14:00 Caldy 5 v 2 Richmond
14:00 Doncaster 5 v 0 Hartpury
15:00 Coventry 1 v 5 Jersey Reds
15:00 Ealing Trail. 5 v 0 Ampthill
15:00 London Sc. 4 v 1 Bedford Blues
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 16:23
Let’s face it. There is only one mouth-watering fixture this weekend. Ealing entertain Ampthill. And I am going to stick with my previous predictions of 5-0 whenever Ealing is involved. So, my prediction for Saturday’s result is Ealing 0-5 Ampthill.

Ealing have shown a chink in their armour. They are on a downward slope. They have become Huckleberryy, thinking they only need 12 men to beat the opposition. They will be despondent. Many of their one hundred or so players will probably not want to be selected at all this week. Meanwhile Ampthill will be wanting to build on their form which has recently see them go from relative lower mid-table comfort down to second from bottom. Everything points to an easy away victory.

Mind you, I hope neither team punts the ball too far up in the skies as we don’t want to hurt any of the pigs that might be flying over the pitch.

Of course, there are other games.

Caldy 4-1 Richmond. Caldy are on a roll but it will be close.
Doncaster 4-1 Hartpury. A close battle with the home team just sneaking it.
Coventry 5-2 Jersey. Could be the second best game of the weekend with Coventry's home form seeing them over the line.
L Scottish 0-5 Bedford. Provided they get the ball, the Bedford backs will have a field day.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 21:16
Pirates  5-0 Archers Its streamed so I'll watch this and if Pirates are anything like as good as they played against Donny they should win by 10-12 points and score 4 tries.
Caldy   2-3 Mond Could go either way so I punt for a draw
Donny 5-1 Pury At home Donny forwards to dominate this one
Cov 2-5 Jersey I rate this and Pirates away as Jersey's toughest games. In the hope they play Cook at Blindside and unlease Venner from the bench I think Jersey by under 5 points with both teams scoring four tries but it could easily go either way.
Ealing   5-0 Ampthill Assuming Ealing pick their best tight five forwards.
McQuins 5-1 Blues With a lot of input from the Stoop a must home win

Edited by corporalcarrot - 10 Jan 2023 at 21:18
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 09:46
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Let’s face it. There is only one mouth-watering fixture this weekend. Ealing entertain Ampthill. And I am going to stick with my previous predictions of 5-0 whenever Ealing is involved. So, my prediction for Saturday’s result is Ealing 0-5 Ampthill.

Ealing have shown a chink in their armour. They are on a downward slope. They have become Huckleberryy, thinking they only need 12 men to beat the opposition. They will be despondent. Many of their one hundred or so players will probably not want to be selected at all this week. Meanwhile Ampthill will be wanting to build on their form which has recently see them go from relative lower mid-table comfort down to second from bottom. Everything points to an easy away victory.

Mind you, I hope neither team punts the ball too far up in the skies as we don’t want to hurt any of the pigs that might be flying over the pitch.

Of course, there are other games.

Caldy 4-1 Richmond. Caldy are on a roll but it will be close.
Doncaster 4-1 Hartpury. A close battle with the home team just sneaking it.
Coventry 5-2 Jersey. Could be the second best game of the weekend with Coventry's home form seeing them over the line.
L Scottish 0-5 Bedford. Provided they get the ball, the Bedford backs will have a field day.

Pirates v Nottingham?

*Stalwart
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 18:15
What a Pratt. Thank you for pointing out my omission. And as you are from Penzance my prediction is Pirates 5-0 Nottingham.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 22:37

What a Pratt. Thank you for pointing out my omission. And as you are from Penzance my prediction is Pirates 5-0 Nottingham.

Such a crowd pleaser Cherub…. Come on, tell us what you really think
Tackle Low!!!!!
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 13:31

I wish I was as confident. Pirates picked up a couple of injuries against the Knights, but hopefully home advantage will count.
*Stalwart
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 08:29
Cornish Pirates 5 - 1 Nottingham 
Caldy 1 - 4 Richmond 
Doncaster 5 - 0 Hartpury
Coventry 0 - 5 Jersey 
Ealing 5 - 0 Ampthill 
London Scottish 5 - 2 Bedford 
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:46
Confirmed that Cov v Reds will be streamed on Champ site (free as long as you register)

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 11:45
And the Jersey team news/preview is HERE
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 12:12

starting XV:

1.Toby Trinder 2.Jordon Poole (c) 3.Harry Seward 4.James Tyas 5.Adam Peters 6.Tom Dodd 7.Josh Bainbridge 8.Senitiki Nayalo 9.Will Chudley 10.Pat Pellegrini 11.James Martin 12.Will Rigg 13.Will Wand 14.Will Talbot-Davies 15.Louis Brown 

Replacements:

16.Suva Ma’asi 17.Danny Southworth 18.Ollie Andrews 19.Fred Betteridge 20.Tom Ball 21.Will Lane 22.Evan Mitchell 23.Louis James

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic