National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Wasps/Worcester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 15:21
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Who are they?

(Never mind).

Exactly (in a scouse accent)
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 15:24
It is OK, I have Huckleberryly Pear my milk.

That should have been the past participle of drink

Edited by Camquin - 25 Oct 2023 at 15:25
Sweeney Delenda Est
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 15:44
Glad I'm not the only sad old git that remembers that then LOL
Our City,
Our Club
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 16:40
We are struggling to get 500 at the moment Camquin, hopefully with the RWC over with and Richmond & Rosslyn park to come next month we may see a pick up
So many Christians not enough Lions
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 18:00
Surely paying the rugby creditors is one of the things the RFU has got right. They can't stop anyone buying the club and they can't stop anyone refusing to pay debts they legally may not have to, but they can stop them rejoining the leagues (at a similar level) until they repay those debts. It's a condition of entry and it would be a complete farce if they waive it for Worcester, Wasps or any other club.

If they don't want to repay those specific rugby creditors, they don't have to. They just need to be prepared to enter at the bottom of the pyramid. Seems only fair

Edited by Count Ford - 25 Oct 2023 at 18:05
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 19:24
Originally posted by Count Ford Count Ford wrote:

Surely paying the rugby creditors is one of the things the RFU has got right. They can't stop anyone buying the club and they can't stop anyone refusing to pay debts they legally may not have to, but they can stop them rejoining the leagues (at a similar level) until they repay those debts. It's a condition of entry and it would be a complete farce if they waive it for Worcester, Wasps or any other club.

If they don't want to repay those specific rugby creditors, they don't have to. They just need to be prepared to enter at the bottom of the pyramid. Seems only fair

Well said
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 20:21

I don't think too many would argue with that. I certainly wouldn't.
However, it's the mere fact that they major on the rugby side. The fact that far more is owed to businesses around Coventry interests me more though - and doesn't seem to bother the RFU particularly.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd take a bit of persuading.
Our City,
Our Club
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 20:44
So we're all getting our knickers in a twist about Prem1/Prem2 - 10 in each, knock on effects down below, will it or will it not be funded properly, will it include/exclude Worcs, Wasps, Irish, will there be "franchise teams" And then Lo-and-behold the RFU reveal they are in discussions about an English/Irish (maybe Scots&Welsh) league - you really couldn't make it up. Absolutely barmy and the running of our much-loved game just carries on going from bad to worse
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 21:02

I think payment of rugby creditors in preference to other creditors or payment of just rugby creditors only is not how insolvency works. If paying 100% of rugby creditors you need to pay 100% of all creditors - otherwise cash must be distributed equally

"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 22:49
Yes. I'm sure insolvency law is very different from what the RFU regulations require. But essentially if someone wants to retain the league place then they need to pay those rugby creditors, along with whatever they need to settle through insolvency law. I quite understand they probably don't want to get involved with the debts of a previous company, so If they don't have the finance or will to do so, then they can either buy into another existing club or they can start from the bottom and build something.

Its a defence against clubs running up ridiculous debts, folding the company and just starting afresh with no consequences. 

Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

I think payment of rugby creditors in preference to other creditors or payment of just rugby creditors only is not how insolvency works. If paying 100% of rugby creditors you need to pay 100% of all creditors - otherwise cash must be distributed equally

Edited by Count Ford - 25 Oct 2023 at 22:53
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 15:29
Start from the bottom with a clean slate.

Gives them time to get a team and raise enough money to build proposed stadium
RAID ON
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 07:59
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

If you listen to the pests that currently infest the Cov unoffy forum (well, they probably have nothing better to do) it seems it's their God-given right to fetch-up at level two, and they can't see any contrary argument.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 10:52
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 10:59
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Wasps keeping their options open... Confused

"...... have held talks with the URC about relocating to the cross-border competition, although there is also the option of competing in Premiership 2, which is what the second tier Championship is set to be named."

Sounds like admission to Prem2 is a foregone conclusion 
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 11:03
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Wasps keeping their options open... Confused

"...... have held talks with the URC about relocating to the cross-border competition, although there is also the option of competing in Premiership 2, which is what the second tier Championship is set to be named."

Sounds like admission to Prem2 is a foregone conclusion 

Yes. This journo, Steffan Thomas is generally on the money.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 11:36
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

If you listen to the pests that currently infest the Cov unoffy forum (well, they probably have nothing better to do) it seems it's their God-given right to fetch-up at level two, and they can't see any contrary argument.
I think its called entitled mate. They are in the proper person club and the plebs should know their place.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 12:24
Sweeney Delenda Est
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 12:26
I think ultimately we will see a British and Irish League, it makes financial sense and both the Premiership and URC have CVC as investors who eventually will force their hand to recoup their investments.

I can see a Premiership 2 as the top of the English pyramid but without access to the B&I League. In reality just a shuffling of deck chairs on a renamed Titanic.

As for Wasps playing in the URC. Why? They couldn't make money playing in a Premiership which receives far more money than the Welsh clubs in the URC do. It won't happen as I don't the would receive RFU blessing but as we all know stranger things have happened. 

Next London Irish would be suggesting merging with Connaught and playing in Worcester... 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 12:36
With Wasps, the professional club, Wasps RFC, owned the IP in the redesigned badge and presumably in the name.

So the receiver could sell that to Mr Carpenter, and he can act as the Chairman of a club with no pitch and no team. With Wasps FC getting forgotten.

Similarly, the Warriors brand belongs to the professional club, not to Worcester RFC.

Who, if anyone, owns the rights to the name London Irish?

Hopefully, it reverted to the amateur club. 

There is certainly a lot more discussion of the amateur club on their message boards, that there ever is on either of the other two.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 14:35
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

With Wasps, the professional club, Wasps RFC, owned the IP in the redesigned badge and presumably in the name.

So the receiver could sell that to Mr Carpenter, and he can act as the Chairman of a club with no pitch and no team. With Wasps FC getting forgotten.

Similarly, the Warriors brand belongs to the professional club, not to Worcester RFC.

Who, if anyone, owns the rights to the name London Irish?

Hopefully, it reverted to the amateur club. 

There is certainly a lot more discussion of the amateur club on their message boards, that there ever is on either of the other two.

Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
  Share Topic