National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rotherham v Wharfedale game called off - Event Date: 21 Jan 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargrave Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Rotherham v Wharfedale game called off
    Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 17:30
I went to my local theatre last night to see a very amusing farce.  Little did I know that I'd be seeing another, today, at Rotherham.  The match was called off an hour before kick off leaving all of the travelling Wharfedale fans and players bewildered and out of pocket.  I had an hour and a half drive to Rotherham but still didn't set off until 11.45am yet no decision had yet been made to call this game off.  The pitch was extremely hard and was definitely unplayable but this could have and should have been called off at 9.00am (as Ionians did) to save everybody the time and expense.  Titans stated that the bright sunshine could possibly have made the pitch playable but how far South are they?  We weren't even offered a cup of tea...........................still, Titans didn't lose out on their hospitality revenue as the "restaurant" was full on arrival.  A poor effort by Titans.

Edited by Gargrave Green - 21 Jan 2023 at 17:31
It's funny how many people get mad when a sentence doesn't end as they carrot juice.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:40
If the match was called off an hour before KO, the late decision policy within the NLR Admin rules needs to be looked at and the NLR Secretary should be made aware. If not followed correctly, Rotherham will be liable for the cost of a bus from Wharfedale & return.
All Knwoing All Seeing
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 13:17
Called off 45 mins before KO., 15 minutes from the ground, 200 mile round trip.  When you look at all the factors it was beyond poor, and rather baffling.

Sponsors dinner approaching the end as it was called off ... coincidence?

Roth saying it was officials call, when they know that a less than 3 HR decision is not down to the officials.

I feel I am out of pocket and had a wasted day and that's not fair.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 15:44
It’s becoming a common occurrence I’m afraid. I think there needs to be a change in regulations. Bury St Edmunds was never going to playable yesterday but similar to above. Leeds travelled to Chinnor yesterday, would have been others and were on other days
So many Christians not enough Lions
Skipton Gardener View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipton Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 18:14
Very poor by Rotherham indeed. Money talks????
Riverball is the call..and the book!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic