National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Player wins compensation over revenge tackle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 16:32
Originally posted by Crag Hopper Crag Hopper wrote:

Rugby is a sport unsuited to females. End of story.

Had the pleasure of watching the England Roses at Castle Park twice, both games were right up there for me. Great entertainment, great skill sets and great athletes.

I don't agree with your comments.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 16:34
Rugby is sport unsuited to the vast majority of male's!
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 11:37
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Gopher72 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gopher72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 12:34
I'm just off down to the rugby club to watch Launceston Ladies v Camborne. Launceston are doing well this season and a credit to ladies rugby and the club.
keep going!
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 14:18
I've deleted/hidden various comments which were either inflammatory or off topic. 

We seemed to have veered from the particular case - which has debatable interests around the safety of the sport to the whole issue of the suitability of women's right to play Rugby, which they have the perfect right to do and enjoy. 

If we can't keep on topic I'll be locking it again. 

Thank you. 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 14:32
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

I've deleted/hidden various comments which were either inflammatory or off topic. 

We seemed to have veered from the particular case - which has debatable interests around the safety of the sport to the whole issue of the suitability of women's right to play Rugby, which they have the perfect right to do and enjoy. 

If we can't keep on topic I'll be locking it again. 

Thank you. 

But you've left the initial "inflammatory" comment that women shouldn't be playing rugby on the site? 
Enjoying life!
Crag Hopper View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crag Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 13:08
Of course women have the right to play rugby. No-one is denying that. I do however question that it is proper for females to indulge in a sport that is very physical, rough and has certainly an element of danger. That's the end as far as I'm concerned. Apologies Richard of I have caused you any upset.
C.Hopper
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 15:39
Sometimes shovels should be locked up to prevent people digging bigger holes for themselves.

Back on topic the burden of proof might be far higher in a criminal court but I would like to see it given a d**n good go in order to give this this woman the punishment she seemingly deserves.
jimbojetset View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimbojetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 16:41

Of course women have the right to play rugby. No-one is denying that. I do however question that it is proper for females to indulge in a sport that is very physical, rough and has certainly an element of danger. That's the end as far as I'm concerned. Apologies Richard of I have caused you any upset.

As someone who was married to an A&E consultant who was also a LT.Col in Her Majesty's Armed Forces (Since retired). I'm assuming I should suggest to her that she should not have done her job given that her training and job was "physical and rough with an element of danger" and therefore "not proper". 

Two tours of Afghanistan, Op Telic One (that's the gulf war to the uninitiated) as part of the forward medical team for the 7th Armoured Brigade otherwise known as The Desert Rats , One Tour of Northern Ireland (Pre-Good Friday agreement), Bosnia and South Sudan with UN Peacekeeping. 

Sometimes when you have an opinion, it's best to keep it to yourself.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 16:46
Originally posted by jimbojetset jimbojetset wrote:

As someone who was married to an A&E consultant who was also a LT.Col in Her Majesty's Armed Forces (Since retired). I'm assuming I should suggest to her that she should not have done her job given that her training and job was "physical and rough with an element of danger" and therefore "not proper". 

Two tours of Afghanistan, Op Telic One (that's the gulf war to the uninitiated) as part of the forward medical team for the 7th Armoured Brigade otherwise known as The Desert Rats , One Tour of Northern Ireland (Pre-Good Friday agreement), Bosnia and South Sudan with UN Peacekeeping. 

Sometimes when you have an opinion, it's best to keep it to yourself.
Would you say thankyou from me too your wife, for helping to keep this man safe.
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 18:19
We're veering off again.... 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 10:32
Good to know that Dani Czernuszka is still engaged with sport despite the injury inflicted upon her.

Pilier View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pilier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 12:11
i met her at a Rams lunch a few years ago, very courageous lady.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic