National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2 Years of Ringfencing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Years of Ringfencing
    Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 18:30
And now the worst England defeat in the 4, 5, 6 Nations ever, 3rd worst ever and worst at home… good job one of the arguments for Ringfencing is that it would benefit the National team, as otherwise we could have been looking at a 100 point defeat! Wink
One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 19:30
A very poor performance. Where is the value for the tens of millions that are spent to secure players for England representation??
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 19:33
France were really good today. England didn't get close. Proper rugby teams don't panic but learn why the opposition team beat us and move on. The RFU seem to have a problem in accepting that they haven't got it right yet. Recognising that the chip on their shoulder is premiership rugby in its existing form might be worth considering .................
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 19:38
it was so much worse than poor  i pity all the fans who paid to watch that sh-te  theres no pace outwide no power up front   no direction  just endless pathetic box kicks   not a england team that will worry anybody at the forthcoming world cup
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 20:25
Originally posted by greenpower greenpower wrote:

it was so much worse than poor  i pity all the fans who paid to watch that sh-te  theres no pace outwide no power up front   no direction  just endless pathetic box kicks   not a england team that will worry anybody at the forthcoming world cup
If you pick a best of team from that match how many would be English & how many would be French.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 20:44
 none of the english players would merit been in the best team  infact none of them would  get into a welsh team if they could they were that bad
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 20:57
That was easily the worst performance I have ever seen from England.

France dominated from start to finish and never looked like giving up their lead. They were hungry, chased every half chance and were rewarded with a record win against a toothless England side. 

To top it all off I had to drive because of the unreliability of the trains 🤬

carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 08:38
As a friend of mine said, it was like watching a  3rd team play a first team. The first team scored whenever it wanted.
rugbychris View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugbychris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 09:35
I was one of the poor souls who paid £122 a ticket and £7 a pint. France were excellent but Englad were totally listless. No aggression, no encouragement nothing. If they go down battling then fine. But to rollover without firing a shot is embarrassing.

One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 09:48
Originally posted by rugbychris rugbychris wrote:

I was one of the poor souls who paid £122 a ticket and £7 a pint. France were excellent but Englad were totally listless. No aggression, no encouragement nothing. If they go down battling then fine. But to rollover without firing a shot is embarrassing.

Hopefully the beer was more enjoyable than the Rugby even at that price! 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:07
Did France excel, or were they merely competent?
Would any of their tries make the highlights reel for National 1?
Every week, excitable commentators praise basic skill as being "superb".
So everyone is world-class - until they are exposed.

Sweeney Delenda Est
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:08

I feel your pain. £122 is ridiculous. Not long before people start voting with their feet. 
*Stalwart
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:17
Originally posted by *Stalwart *Stalwart wrote:

I feel your pain. £122 is ridiculous. Not long before people start voting with their feet. 
I voted with my feet away from Twickenham years ago, too expensive for your working class lad
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 13:10
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

I voted with my feet away from Twickenham years ago, too expensive for your working class lad
Me too. Awful ground, awful experience, and it seems awful team.
Nothing would tempt me back there short of Cov being in a game.
Our City,
Our Club
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 14:07
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Me too. Not much chance of Taunton appearing there but might go to see Somerset play there in the County Championship! 
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 14:17
The PRL ring fencing has nothing to do with the RFU's ineptitude, they were wrong to hire Jones, they were wrong not to get rid of him after the last world cup, they were wrong getting rid of him just before this world cup and they will blame Borthwick for not having a magic wand.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 14:24
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

I would go back to see Jersey play Amps in a playoff final.
Fat Albert View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 16:48
England's worst ever defeat at Twickenham (53-10) had Steve Borthwick as head coach

Guess who was captain when England suffered their second biggest defeat (6-42 Nov 22,2008) at HQ? Wink

a Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother
Fat Albert View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 16:52
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

I would go back to see Jersey play Amps in a playoff final.
I woz there, still sulking about the (non) penalty try LOL

I haven't been back to HQ since (2013) I realised what Ian Ritchie was doing to the RFU... and it's only got worse since
a Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 21:00
In my first posting I forgot to add… France has invested in more than one division, England only has one division according to its governing body!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic