National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Latest Scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:12
DMP 10-21 Sale
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:15
Mose 17 Leeds 21
plymouthalbion15 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthalbion15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:15
Rosslyn Park 31. PARFC 29

Edited by plymouthalbion15 - 25 Mar 2023 at 16:27
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthalbion15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:26
Rosslyn Park 31  PARFC 32

Edited by plymouthalbion15 - 25 Mar 2023 at 16:26
Fake_Shemp View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:26
DMP 10-28 Sale
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:28
Mose 24 Leeds 21
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:35
Mose 29 Leeds 21. Bonus point try for Moseley. 
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthalbion15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:35
Rosalyn Park 36  PARFC 32
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:38
Full time: Moseley 29 (4t) Leeds 21 (3t)
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:40
FT DMP 10-35 Sale
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthalbion15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:42
Rosslyn Park 41  PARFC 32

Edited by plymouthalbion15 - 25 Mar 2023 at 16:48
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 16:51
FT Chinnor 17 Cambridge 19 (1-4).

"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 21:18
A deserve victory for Cambridge today, although Chinnor will probably be kicking themselves for not taking advantage of the elements in the second half. Too often they butchered their attacking line-outs, and the Cambridge back-row achieved a tremendous number of turnovers. That is probably why they are third, and Chinnor are in the bottom third !

Indeed, it took a length of the field interception try for Chinnor to claim the losing bonus point as Cambridge strove for the try bonus point.

Before the game I thought the score would be something like 45-40 to Cambridge, but the weather made it an attritional contest !

A full review is attached for anyone interest

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 21:45
Fatbear, very fair report.
Cambridge should have scored more in the first half when we camped on your line for most of the first half, but you also squandered chances, but the rain squalls made it a difficult day to play rugby.

Do you import the weather from Siberia, especially? I cannot remember a game at yours that was not played in a gale or driving rain, or both.

I did see a perfect rainbow on the way home. See you again next year.
Sweeney Delenda Est
AuntyM View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 00:45
I know that it is considered poor form and not the done thing to moan about the officials, especially after tasting defeat.

Therefore, it must be stated from the outset that Sale deserved the win, as once again, against the same opposition, DMPRFC's second half showing didn't cut the mustard.

However, DMPRFC didn't deserve to be short-changed by a poor referee, who was constantly 'old-manned' by Sale, who were annoyingly offside and unpunished for it all day long.

3 DMPRFC yellow cards were harsh, especially when 2 Sale players should have received the same fate.

Sour grapes and all that malarkey accepted, but Sale didn't require or deserve the leg up the they got. 

(And don't get me started on the Sale try under the posts, when the Sale player slid in from 5-metres out, forgetting to keep hold of it when crossing  the line. Joke.)

Anyway. 

Tea-break over, back on me ed !!

fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:38
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Fatbear, very fair report.
Cambridge should have scored more in the first half when we camped on your line for most of the first half, but you also squandered chances, but the rain squalls made it a difficult day to play rugby.

Do you import the weather from Siberia, especially? I cannot remember a game at yours that was not played in a gale or driving rain, or both.

I did see a perfect rainbow on the way home. See you again next year.
Camquin, yes, Chinnor would have been very happy to have been only 2 points behind at the interval given the amount of play in Chinnor's 22, and being down to 14 for the final 10 minutes of the half.

In most of my reports there is typically a mention of the Chinnor gale, but we have been lucky in that I think this was only the second time this season I have needed to shelter for a while in the covered stand at the ring-road end !

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 09:33
Originally posted by AuntyM AuntyM wrote:

I know that it is considered poor form and not the done thing to moan about the officials, especially after tasting defeat.

Therefore, it must be stated from the outset that Sale deserved the win, as once again, against the same opposition, DMPRFC's second half showing didn't cut the mustard.

However, DMPRFC didn't deserve to be short-changed by a poor referee, who was constantly 'old-manned' by Sale, who were annoyingly offside and unpunished for it all day long.

3 DMPRFC yellow cards were harsh, especially when 2 Sale players should have received the same fate.

Sour grapes and all that malarkey accepted, but Sale didn't require or deserve the leg up the they got. 

(And don't get me started on the Sale try under the posts, when the Sale player slid in from 5-metres out, forgetting to keep hold of it when crossing  the line. Joke.)

Anyway. 

Tea-break over, back on me ed !!

You aren't the only one with these sentiments.

Sale deserved the win – their physicality really told in the last quarter – but they definitely had the rub of the green in terms of officiating.

I thought their defensive line was persistently offside, but never penalised for this, Andy Hughes clearly went to slide in and lost the ball forward from a metre out (you can see this on the highlights video), and infringements for which Mowden players were sent to the sin bin were only deemed penalty offences when Sale players were deemed guilty.

It's impossible to have a feeling of sour grapes and 'what if' when the opposition were much more physical and clinical, but those simple refereeing errors are still irksome.

As well as the video, there is a match report on the DMP website.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 13:14
There's a lot of discussion on most rugby forums about the officials and the lack of consistency, most blaming the officials and their "interpretation of the laws". I wonder if the fault lies in the vagaries of the laws in that they should be more concise and less open to said interpretation?
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 17:35
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

There's a lot of discussion on most rugby forums about the officials and the lack of consistency, most blaming the officials and their "interpretation of the laws". I wonder if the fault lies in the vagaries of the laws in that they should be more concise and less open to said interpretation?

Surely the laws have always been subject to interpretation on the basis that if a referee blew his whistle every time one side contravened one of the laws the game would be almost continually stopped.

Whether they could be made simpler without radically changing the game is another matter of course.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 19:55
Apart from the occasional knock on, about the only time I remember a whistle being blown when I played was if someone scored, it used to work without the ref being the centre of attraction in the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic