National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Who’s coming up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 14:03
Or as Pirates Fans used to sing when playing Yorkshire sides:

Oh I'd rather have a pasty than a pie,
Oh I'd rather have a pasty, rather have a pasty, rather have a pasty than a pie.

To the tune of she'll be coming round the mountain

Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 14:10
Originally posted by Geoff DC Geoff DC wrote:

Or as Pirates Fans used to sing when playing Yorkshire sides:

Oh I'd rather have a pasty, rather have a pasty, rather have a pasty than a pie.

To the tune of she'll be coming round the mountain

Doesn’t work so well when you sing it as Paaarrrrsty

Tackle Low!!!!!
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 14:42
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

I'm avoiding promotion speculation at the moment but do prefer a hog roast.

Whatever happened to Rosslyn Park and their advertising hoarding income. They were there and then blew up. 

Some very decent teams lower down though, Plymouth Albion, Cinderford and Bishops Stortford are all a handful.

Cambridge did manage to beat Sale H and A and but for a last 10 minute yellow card should have beaten Rams at home. Ifs and buts. 

Cambridge are good at the ifs and buts......Cambridge were probably Caldy's toughest test last season .... a moment of magic from Nick Royle gave Caldy a draw at Cambridge and at the Paton Field Stadium Cambridge could have won with something to spare .......if they had not been greedy and just kicked their penalties rather than looking for a possible 7 points every time Caldy transgressed.

Sale are battle hardened and mentally tougher than in previous seasons...they won't choke during this run in. Rams and Cambridge need 10 pts and 15 pts if they are to wrest the National 1 title away from Sale.
''The future isn't what it used to be''
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 16:08
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Personally I have no idea why people have such strong opinions about pies.
Can't be bothered myself. Much rather have a curry. Or most other things come to that.
And no, it's definitely not part of the criteria for promotion.

Smile

Bombay Bad Boy at Caldy for you then!!
I said curry...
Our City,
Our Club
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 16:28
Closest thing to a curry at Caldy (allegedly 😉)
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 16:47
The BBB has little equal in the Western World..............other Pot Noodles are pale imitations
''The future isn't what it used to be''
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 18:53
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

The BBB has little equal in the Western World..............other Pot Noodles are pale imitations
The challenge for next season's tour to Jersey mate is to try the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pastie AND the Jamaican Jerk Beef Pastie followed by 6 Oysters (no hands of course but the shells are optional). 

Edited by corporalcarrot - 03 Apr 2023 at 18:54
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 19:31
There are some great pubs in Cambridge - nuff said.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:08
So Cambridge need a 5 point win to be level on point and be promoted next week!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:30
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

So Cambridge need a 5 point win to be level on point and be promoted next week!
Yep, on the strength of a drawn game. Seems odd, but them's the rules.
I'd be very happy to see them do it though.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 14:35
I can't think of a better tie-breaker, after games won, than more draws (which effectively includes fewer defeats as a corollary). You could go for points difference - Cambridge currently well ahead of top-three rivals on that count too...
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 14:47
Someone has told me that Sale FC cannot go up into the Championship, not sure why, have asked for info??
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 15:33
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

I can't think of a better tie-breaker, after games won, than more draws (which effectively includes fewer defeats as a corollary). You could go for points difference - Cambridge currently well ahead of top-three rivals on that count too...
I don't necessarily disagree with it - I just prefer the age-old footy way of goals difference (translating to points difference) acting as the first tie-breaker.
As you say though, that would still work in Cambridge's favour, so no worries.
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 16:22
Soccer does not have bonus points, so if you have the same number of points and wins, you must (unless there has been a points deduction) have the same number of draws.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 16:56
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Someone has told me that Sale FC cannot go up into the Championship, not sure why, have asked for info??
They've played all of their fixtures and are 2nd behind Rams, so they're out of the picture now.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 17:06
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Soccer does not have bonus points, so if you have the same number of points and wins, you must (unless there has been a points deduction) have the same number of draws.

But as a famous Welsh referee once said - this is not soccer 😉
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 17:19
Cambridge 59 Moseley 10 
Bonus point win.
Promotion on match drawn against Leeds Tykes - what a season with 1,002.points scored!
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 17:34
Congratulations to Cambridge
*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 19:51
Congratulations Cambridge welcome to The Championship. Another local derby for The Pirates - just the 666 mile round trip!
*Stalwart
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 21:50
Originally posted by *Stalwart *Stalwart wrote:

Congratulations Cambridge welcome to The Championship. Another local derby for The Pirates - just the 666 mile round trip!

Blues are getting spoilt with local games! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic