National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Relegation Confirmed for Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relegation Confirmed for Championship
    Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 15:47
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 15:52
The cat is now firmly amongst the pigeons - come on Richmond!
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 16:07
Get ready to run with 11 again would be my bet!!
Relegations down the pyramid to accommodate a club that's gone bust and still has no ground, no players and still no money as far as I know
Stinks! 
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 16:32
If Wasps are unable to field a side, then I get it, although it will leave us with a division of 11… again!!
However, if they relegate the bottom side and include Wasps then this is nothing short of disgraceful.
Tackle Low!!!!!
Breakdown View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 16:41
I hate to say this, but relegation was already decided before W&W went bust, so it was never an either/or question. This was just a decision based on an appeal to the Council  - I am not sure by whom. 

Still on the plus side, it means tomorrow at the RAG will be blood and thunder. Just the 8 Harlequins loan players in the Scottish squad. 

Broken down. Beyond repair.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 16:43
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuP4Xz4WwAAXy36?format=jpg&name=360x360

Championship Twitter notification

Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

If Wasps are unable to field a side, then I get it, although it will leave us with a division of 11… again!!
However, if they relegate the bottom side and include Wasps then this is nothing short of disgraceful.
I'm probably missing something but if one club is promoted and another is relegated AND Wasps are brought in doesn't that give a Championship of thirteen rather than eleven and a Premiership of eleven? Perhaps the clubs who have a bye in each league can play each other. Twelve in each may make more sense as the RFU don't want Ealing or Jersey perhaps they should place Wasps straight back into the premiership.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 21 Apr 2023 at 16:58
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 17:30
Champ will be 12 or 13 in 23/24 as a result of this decision: top 11 from this season (definitely) + promoted club from N1 (definitely) + Wasps (tbc)
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 18:54
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

I'm probably missing something but if one club is promoted and another is relegated AND Wasps are brought in doesn't that give a Championship of thirteen rather than eleven and a Premiership of eleven? Perhaps the clubs who have a bye in each league can play each other. Twelve in each may make more sense as the RFU don't want Ealing or Jersey perhaps they should place Wasps straight back into the premiership.

Yes 13… sorry my bad.
I really do not have a problem with relegation, but the whole Wasps thing does not sit comfortably with me. They went bust owing 10’s of millions and they have been rewarded with a place in Tier 2. They don’t have a squad, so they will come knocking on the doors of players from Ealing, Jersey, Coventry and probably many others, promising premiership rugby as that is where they will ultimately end up. That, quite simply, is not right and the RFU are failing to see, or just ignoring, how wrong that is.
So, if they stay, then how can you relegate clubs who play within the rules? And no CC, the place for Wasps is not the PL.
Tackle Low!!!!!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 18:57

Yes 13… sorry my bad.
I really do not have a problem with relegation, but the whole Wasps thing does not sit comfortably with me. They went bust owing 10’s of millions and they have been rewarded with a place in Tier 2. They don’t have a squad, so they will come knocking on the doors of players from Ealing, Jersey, Coventry and probably many others, promising premiership rugby as that is where they will ultimately end up. That, quite simply, is not right and the RFU are failing to see, or just ignoring, how wrong that is.
So, if they stay, then how can you relegate clubs who play within the rules? And no CC, the place for Wasps is not the PL.
I bet you a Hackett sausage roll they are back in the premiership within a few years. Wouldn't it be better just to get on with it and save the waste of time?

Edited by corporalcarrot - 21 Apr 2023 at 18:58
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 19:36

Yes 13… sorry my bad.
I bet you a Hackett sausage roll they are back in the premiership within a few years. Wouldn't it be better just to get on with it and save the waste of time?

No, they need to earn that right again, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t go for some sort of collaboration.
Tackle Low!!!!!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 20:49
At least the RFU have given the clubs 8 days notice and 1 day before the big game! Quite a lot for them! Wink
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 07:30

Yes 13… sorry my bad.

No, they need to earn that right again, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t go for some sort of collaboration.
I'm not sure that Wasps need to earn the right again mate. Ealing earned the right last season but it didn't seem to matter. Surely the only thing that is important is that the RFU and Prem Clubs want Wasps and they make the rules so surely it would be better to just get on with it and put them back in the prem next season. Seems more sensible than having odd numbers of clubs in the top two leagues. None of this stuff has anything to do with results on the pitch or the winner of the game at St Peter today would earn the right.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 07:48
Sorry CC, but every time you make the suggestion about Wasps being re-installed in the Prem I think what a bad idea it is; and one that no-one else here - or anywhere else - seems to agree with. You'll probably come back and argue your case again, but shouldn't we be focusing on more exciting events today?
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 08:30
Indeed. There's not a scintilla of a case for that non-club (which it is at the moment) being within ten divisions of the Prem.
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 08:40
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Sorry CC, but every time you make the suggestion about Wasps being re-installed in the Prem I think what a bad idea it is; and one that no-one else here - or anywhere else - seems to agree with. You'll probably come back and argue your case again, but shouldn't we be focusing on more exciting events today?
I accept the rebuke mate and confirm that I am already wearing my old Siam Cup No8 shirt donated by a cracking player who moved on to Ealing after his stint in Jersey. 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 08:51
Radio 4 are wittering about Wrexham possibly re-entering the Football league, partly because they now have Hollywood backing.

Jersey having a chance to get promoted to the Rugby Premiership should be the big story - but because the dogs in their manger say no, the march on the island is utterly ignored.

Te Championship needs some serious marketing, does it even have a PR department?

Perhaps with a compelling behind the scenes documentary, like Drive to Survive or Welcome to Wrexham.

Sweeney Delenda Est
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 08:58
Jersey have no chance of promotion, only of winning the league.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 09:10
I understand  Corporate Carrots stance and it is intrinsically linked to where we are where we are going ..or not going  
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 09:18
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Radio 4 are wittering about Wrexham possibly re-entering the Football league, partly because they now have Hollywood backing.

Jersey having a chance to get promoted to the Rugby Premiership should be the big story - but because the dogs in their manger say no, the march on the island is utterly ignored.

Te Championship needs some serious marketing, does it even have a PR department?

Perhaps with a compelling behind the scenes documentary, like Drive to Survive or Welcome to Wrexham.

Thanks Camquin, you are right, if this game was for promotion to the PL the game would be enormous, but sadly it will just have to remain enormous for those who care. Jersey’s story and that if Ealing’s has been epic with both sides ripping through the leagues, but to achieve the accolade of Champions each side know that they have to beat the other team today…. And then win next week of course. No mean feat and the team that prevails would have deserved the title.
Tackle Low!!!!!
SK 88 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 11:59

No it won't?
You'll be 13 if they enter and 12 if they don't.  Winners of Nat 1 are coming up to replace the relegated side regardless.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic