National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship 2023-2024 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 14:40
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Namibian  Richard Hardwick who plays for the Melbourne Rebels joins Ealing Trailfinders

I hadn't seen that anywhere yet.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 17:06
Jack Digby from Ealing to Doncaster
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 18:15
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Namibian  Richard Hardwick who plays for the Melbourne Rebels joins Ealing Trailfinders

Having Reid, who was a real fans’ favourite in his first spell at Ealing, in the same back row as Hardwick will make Ben Ward’s team an even more formidable force at the breakdown next season.

RUGBYPASS Northern Edition

Edited by No 7 - 20 Jun 2023 at 18:17
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 18:30
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Extremely surprised by that; he had developed into a very handy player, and a solid starter at 8, but my understanding was that he was leaving to go back to Oz.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 18:30

Having Reid, who was a real fans’ favourite in his first spell at Ealing, in the same back row as Hardwick will make Ben Ward’s team an even more formidable force at the breakdown next season.

RUGBYPASS Northern Edition

Ta
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 19:26

Extremely surprised by that; he had developed into a very handy player, and a solid starter at 8, but my understanding was that he was leaving to go back to Oz.

He was attracted by the bright lights of the City of Doncaster perhaps. Or the better facilities or the cow pie 😁
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 20:18

He was attracted by the bright lights of the City of Doncaster perhaps. Or the better facilities or the cow pie 😁
Certainly won't be the salary
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 13:52
Henry walker another Gloucester player joins Ealing. The 25 yr old hooker was 'released at the end of season. He represented England at youth level and has played for the Barbarians.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 17:03
Seb Nagle Taylor joins Donny Knights
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 17:33

econd Seb Nagle Taylor joins Donny Knights

Good signing for you. He looked really good at the Pirates before getting injured and missing effectively the second half of the season. I’m guessing he left because we couldn’t afford to re-sign him.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 19:23
I am not sure we offer the big bucks up north in Doncaster but you may be right, or we just offered something he couldn’t say no to… not sure what that is apart from great facilities, equally good coaching staff as you have down there and cow pie 😉

Or maybe the chance to play preferred position. I really don’t know but I am happy he has come to us.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 22:08

I am not sure we offer the big bucks up north in Doncaster but you may be right, or we just offered something he couldn’t say no to… not sure what that is apart from great facilities, equally good coaching staff as you have down there and cow pie 😉

Or maybe the chance to play preferred position. I really don’t know but I am happy he has come to us.

You’ve got SNT and AJ Cant. Two top boys we are sorry to lose. They must have moved for the pies.🥞
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:19
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Good signing for you. He looked really good at the Pirates before getting injured and missing effectively the second half of the season. I’m guessing he left because we couldn’t afford to re-sign him.
Fully agree SNT was good at Pury and even better at Pirates. Donny are building a really competitive squad and have passed the RFU ground standards so should be in the mix for promotion. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 14:07
Blues sign prop Bryan O’Connor from Gloucester and former Munster A

One more back to announce.
Pirate Pig View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 15:21
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Fully agree SNT was good at Pury and even better at Pirates. Donny are building a really competitive squad and have passed the RFU ground standards so should be in the mix for promotion. 

At the risk of going off topic.
Promotion?
I don't think that's been confirmed by PRL/RFU for next season and the last I heard was that now we have 10 teams in the premiership their plans for 2024-25 were being brought forward 12 months. This would mean a play off between the bottom of the premiership and the championship winners.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 17:05
Harrison Courtney (Prop) from Edinburgh to the Knights

Did some time with London Scottish …

Edited by castleparknight - 22 Jun 2023 at 17:16
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:10
Mike Willemse, hooker signs with Ealing from Irish. Surprised by this, as I had heard that a different London Irish Hooker, Matt Cornish was signing (Matt came through our academy and played several seasons at Ealing).
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:28
There must still be a shed load of quality players looking for work following the reduction in premiership clubs.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 13:12
Wales Online published a list of 116 players from Premiership Clubs looking for new contracts. I think about 20 have signed since it was published but it's a lot!
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 13:42
You would think there are lots of players around but don’t think that is the case unless it is position specific as Blackheath have struggled for locks despite making reasonable offers
So many Christians not enough Lions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
  Share Topic