National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship 2023-2024 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 13:18
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Ampthill announce their final new signing for the season with Josh Barton joining The Mob from Jersey.
A bit of footage from his time at Cov
Our City,
Our Club
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 13:38
Russell Bennett signed by the Knights
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 13:55
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

What's this lad like CC, Brizzer, Islander

corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 14:30
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

IMO the best 10 in the league by a country mile (defense & offence) with one huge weakness - goal kicking check the stats for last season and see how many pens Jersey scored (you wont need the figures of both hands) and conversions missed. If he was even an average place kicker Jersey would never have kept him and he would have been scooped up by a premiership club. Goal kicking aside his defense & game management was a huge factor in Jersey winning the league last season and he's a brilliant bloke - even the forwards rate him highly. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 17:02
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

IMO the best 10 in the league by a country mile (defense & offence) with one huge weakness - goal kicking check the stats for last season and see how many pens Jersey scored (you wont need the figures of both hands) and conversions missed. If he was even an average place kicker Jersey would never have kept him and he would have been scooped up by a premiership club. Goal kicking aside his defense & game management was a huge factor in Jersey winning the league last season and he's a brilliant bloke - even the forwards rate him highly. 
Cheers CC
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 10:09
I see that Geordie Irvine is starting at 6 for Cambridge today. He played for Leicester Lions last week (and was voted Nat 1 player of the week) and I believe that he is still on the books at Saints. 

There are obviously lots of dual registered players across the leagues, but does this make him 'triple registered'? I'm not sure I've seen that before, anyone else?

Edited by Se7en - 21 Oct 2023 at 10:10
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 11:01
Academy lads seem to be everywhere this season, we have had Tigers lads playing for the Lions, Loughborough Students and Trent Poly in the BUCS this season already. Geordie Irvine is still on the Saints senior academy books, I rather hope for us he comes back to the Lions, I think he's scored in pretty much every game too.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 11:20
He is playing with Cambridge this week.
Sweeney Delenda Est
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 14:57
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Academy lads seem to be everywhere this season, we have had Tigers lads playing for the Lions, Loughborough Students and Trent Poly in the BUCS this season already. Geordie Irvine is still on the Saints senior academy books, I rather hope for us he comes back to the Lions, I think he's scored in pretty much every game too.

He played at Blues last year as well.
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 17:42
Originally posted by Se7en Se7en wrote:

I see that Geordie Irvine is starting at 6 for Cambridge today. He played for Leicester Lions last week (and was voted Nat 1 player of the week) and I believe that he is still on the books at Saints. 

There are obviously lots of dual registered players across the leagues, but does this make him 'triple registered'? I'm not sure I've seen that before, anyone else?

Think its still 4 clubs English Academy Players can be registered with - (One in each tier) number of LS dual reg would (last year)  have been registered with Esher (B4 relegation) and/or Worthing so they can pay at the appropriate level as they develop though the season- currently common practise. 
Dual normally means two but not where the RFU make up the rules.............and then up to 10 in a match day squad with up to 3 loans.....
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 21:15
Blood & Sand 

"We are pleased to announce the signing of front row forward Huw Owen from former Championship side Jersey Reds. 🔴🟡

Huw will join the side ahead of Round 3 of the Championship where Cambridge are on the road to face Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club."
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 16:10
Paul Turner returns to Newport as a part time consultant to the Dragons.

Dragons have new ownership which has driven this.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 06:35
Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

What!!!!!!! Does this mean he has now left Ampthill? There has been no announcement on their website. What's going on?
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 08:11

What!!!!!!! Does this mean he has now left Ampthill? There has been no announcement on their website. What's going on?

I don't know.
Report is in Wales online.

I expect it is very part time. An old head to help the young coaches there.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 08:26

I don't know.

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 08:26

I don't know.

Explains it all, relax Ampthill fans

Edited by KnightsBoy - 14 Nov 2023 at 08:27
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 16:05
Pirates sign ex Jersey prop Billy Young.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 19:22
Fijian tight-head Vilikesa Nairau signs for Cov.
Our City,
Our Club
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 07:59
Blues Ethan Grayson who was on a short term contract for injury cover has left Blues to go to the USA and play for San Diego.
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 09:07
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Blues Ethan Grayson who was on a short term contract for injury cover has left Blues to go to the USA and play for San Diego.

His brother just went to Japan.

Round the world rugby trip for their parents?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic