National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

New Signings and Retentions 23-24 - Event Date: 01 May 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:49
It might well upset them if we had any, other than a DR we haven’t had a recognised Lock for 2-3 years. We don’t know whether the DR will carry on next season due to tackle laws so we still find ourselves looking especially for that position and they seem to be pretty scarce
So many Christians not enough Lions
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 13:00
I was a lock, wonder if I still have any boots.....................................................anyone got any dubbin?Wink
Normanio View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normanio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 18:48
Its always good to strengthen a team when possible and good locks are the key to winning scrums and lineouts, as Barnes showed Club last season. New players also add healthy competition for existing 1st team players, thereby raising the team's overall performance.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 19:18
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

anyone got any dubbin?Wink
Yep
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 19:20
I was a lock too, and pretty crap at it all those years ago.
I'd be classed as a midget against most second-rowers today, so no thanks LOL
Our City,
Our Club
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 19:24
Think I also have some "Wintergreen" - I just love that smell and some Linseed Oil for my cricket bat which dates back to 1876 (ebay beckons!) 
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 21:55
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

I was a lock too, and pretty crap at it all those years ago.
I'd be classed as a midget against most second-rowers today, so no thanks LOL
At 6'4" I was tall enough but too light, great for lineout jumping, which I was pretty good at, the rest was a bit meh...................................
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 22:18
6ft 2 and with about as much get up and go as a sloth (apart from being rock-solid in the set piece). I was never going to make Cov - or even Coventrians.
Our City,
Our Club
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 09:32
DMP announce list of retained backs for the coming season- https://www.mowdenpark.com/news/mowden-confirm-retained-backs-2780041.html
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:15
Bit thin on the ground following departures. Billingham
have some decent backs who may be able to step up and or two at Blaydon despite their relegation. Not sure about Falcons Academy loanees. 
Otherwise it’s getting the proverbial cheque book out. 

front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 17:55
Originally posted by Neasham Neasham wrote:

Bit thin on the ground following departures. Billingham
have some decent backs who may be able to step up and or two at Blaydon despite their relegation. Not sure about Falcons Academy loanees. 
Otherwise it’s getting the proverbial cheque book out. 

I’m not sure recruits from Blaydon or Billingham would offer much more talent, from what is available from the Elizabethans team. There are some cracking younger players coming whom have been blooding themselves into senior rugby for the last year or two. I mean no disrespect to either of the clubs above just saying looking internally for talent could offer similar rewards.

However I am sure there will be a few players coming on board from home and abroad, hopefully a couple of locks whom make the grade as it seems a few of the last players brought in either only played a handful of times or just diddnt make the team? 

Guess size isn’t the key factor, especially when it sometimes seems there's a lack of heart and desire.

I recall the 6ft10 South African signing a couple of years ago and well a phase of ‘mouse in a lions frame’ comes to mind. 

I would like to see Chris Wearmouth from Tynedale or similar come on board to help the pack next year
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 18:31
Chinnor have announced the signing of Morgan Passman from near neighbours DMP !

kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 18:39
No thread for this so put it in here for now.
Jacques Le Roux and James Tideswell announce their retirements with Birmingham Moseley.. 
Great servants over the years. 👏

Edited by kingsheathlad - 06 Jun 2023 at 07:40
Cauliflower ear.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 21:30
Originally posted by kingsheathlad kingsheathlad wrote:

No thread for this so put it in here for now.
Jack Le Roux and James Tideswell announce their retirements with Birmingham Moseley.. 
Great servants over the years. 👏
Saw that about Jacques earlier today. He was a real favourite at Cov prior to Mose.
Cracking player.
Our City,
Our Club
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 22:33
We'll miss him, but really he'd lost the starting No 8 jersey to captain Ollie Stedman, and was used recently as a replacement or as a blindside flanker.  Tremendous servant to the club though.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 22:46
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

We'll miss him, but really he'd lost the starting No 8 jersey to captain Ollie Stedman, and was used recently as a replacement or as a blindside flanker.  Tremendous servant to the club though.
Not surprising. He must be getting on for 40 now.
Our City,
Our Club
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 07:36
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Not surprising. He must be getting on for 40 now.
I think I'd heard 38, but that may be out of date.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 08:53
[QUOTE=fatbear]
Chinnor have announced the signing of Morgan Passman from near neighbours DMP !

Great signing if Thame can keep him fit, very injury prone....but when fit....WOW what a player!
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 15:30
Mose announce Ollie Steadman to continue as captain next season
keep the faith
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 16:38
Mose re-sign club captain Sam Pointon for a sixth season.
keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic