National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

New Signings and Retentions 23-24 - Event Date: 01 May 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 22:37
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

It is not as though they called him Morris Oxford, Ford Prefect or Austin Healey

I know Ford Prefect and Austin Healey are real but Morris Oxford?

Some people I know, Mr and Mrs Dick, called their son Tarquin and sent him to Boarding School. The English version of A Boy Named Sue!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 00:01
They were all real cars.

But, though I know plenty of people called Morris and families called Oxford, I have yet to find a Mr Morris Oxford. But I live in hope.

Or indeed, a real Mr Ford Prefect, and I have been to Guilford. But i do not get invited to that sort of party.

I mean, who would be silly enough to name their sone after a car, oh wait.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 08:36
Nothing to do with cars but I once worked with a guy who's surname was Head - yes you've guessed it, parents christened him Richard! 
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 09:44
On a similar note my brother was at school with a girl with the surname Nutt. 

Yep, you guessed it, her parents named her Hazel. 
One Club
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 13:56
Long time ago our neighbours were called Warner
and they named their daughter Mary Jane 

but on a more serious note more signings at Richmond
Luc Jones scrum half 
๐—–๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜† 2nd row
Henry Cheeseman centre

Edited by Member728 - 28 Jul 2023 at 16:55
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 23:09
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Nothing to do with cars but I once worked with a guy who's surname was Head - yes you've guessed it, parents christened him Richard! 

I went to school with a boy named Richard Long, whose name at the morning assembly was often embarrassing abbreviated............
GWJ View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 09:10
I also worked with a Richard Head in the late '80's... I wonder if it was the same one?!!  On joining the organisation everyone was taken to one side and told in no uncertain terms what would happen to them if they made any inappropriate comments!

Also, in my brother's year at school was a lad whose surname was Ness ... first name began with P.  Morning roll call was always interesting apparently!
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 19:28
..and there's a numberplate in Hertfordshire PEN 15
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 21:12
there s also a rolling mauler   pen 15
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 21:57

Edited by PropDad - 01 Aug 2023 at 22:00
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 21:59
Was P Nessโ€™s brother called Andrew?
romford View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 17:11
Do you remember Birds Eye Crispy Cod Pieces??
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 16:11
Conrad Burne signs for Richmond winger from Plymouth
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 16:03
Henry Wills back row signs for Richmond from Bishop Stortford
quercynomad View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quercynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 17:07
Rosslyn Park have announced their squad today

NEW SIGNINGS 

PROPS 

Conor Carey โ€“ Experienced tighthead prop from Connacht, Northampton, Perpignan and Worcester Warriors, Conor will bring a wealth of experience to the pack.

Josh Cilia โ€“ Dynamic young ball playing prop joins Park from Bath University having had previous Nat 1 experience with Bishopโ€™s Stortford.

Maurice Nwakor โ€“ A familiar face, Maurice returns to the club for his second spell after gaining Championship experience with London Scottish. Sponsored by The Ghibaut Family

Josh Pieterse โ€“ Loosehead Prop, previously played for Exeter University, Ealing Trailfinders, Ampthill and Bedford Blues.

HOOKERS 

Jasper Cameron โ€“ An exciting young prospect, Jasper joins straight from Loughborough University and comes with Nat 2 experience with Barnes and Loughborough.

Isaac Miller โ€“ Former Loughborough graduate joins Rosslyn to add some quality upfront with his Premiership experience from Worcester Warriors and London Irish.

SECOND ROW

Ed Ashcroft โ€“ Joins us from a year out of rugby but previously from Bath University. He will look to bring some sizeable power to the engine room of the Rosslyn Park pack. 

Jake Cleet โ€“ Joins us from nearby Wimbledon RFC where he had some outstanding seasons in the second row and still has huge potential to grow.

Arinze Okemuo โ€“ Comes to us from Newcastle University with a number of appearances with Newcastle Falcons in the Premiership Cup and will be bringing his sizeable frame to the second/back row this season.

BACK ROW

Tom Bloomer โ€“ Old face rejoining Park after a stint away at Loughborough University. Tom was a stalwart in our Rangers side three seasons ago, and has come back again to join the 1st XV squad for the 2023/24 National League One Campaign.

Gus Lovatt โ€“  An abrasive open side flanker who has been competing for Durham University who have been a top side in the BUCS Super League in the last couple of seasons.

Craig Stevenson โ€“ Joins us from Bury St Edmunds, the native Scotsman has had experience for Gordon Rugby Club in Australia and his hometown club of Ayr.

Jacob Wrafter โ€“ Jacob brings experience from Nottingham University and for the last couple of seasons has been a regular for Bishopโ€™s Stortford in National One. He can play all across the back row and is known for his destructive ball carrying ability.  

SCRUM-HALF

Owen Davies โ€“ Former Dragons Academy Product and Welsh U20s who skippered Cardiff University in the BUCS super league and last season played for local side Wimbledon RFC.

Ewan Fenley  โ€“ Previously played at Ealing Trailfinders, Bedford Blues and Ampthill. Having spent last season with Henley, Ewan joins us to give pivotal experience at the half-back role. Sponsored by Warrener Stewart 

FLY-HALF

Lewis Dennett โ€“ Former Richmond fly-half who played for them in the Championship, but joins us from Shoot Shield side Manley Marlins in Australia where he has played for the last two seasons. Sponsored by Style Property Maintenance 

Jack Martin โ€“ Joins us from Sevenoaks Rugby Club where he had an outstanding season last year and has impressed in pre-season so far.

Tom Wilstead โ€“ Joins Park after a number of years playing in the Bristol Bears professional ranks with outings for Bristol A and also spent time on loan with Dings Crusaders.

OUTSIDE BACKS

Max Craven โ€“ Utility player Max Craven can play anywhere in the midfield or 15. Previously a graduate from Nottingham University and has been a regular for the Bournville side in Nat 2 for the last few seasons.

Theo Manihera โ€“ The young 22 year old joins us with experience from Championship sides Nottingham and London Scottish and is hoping to bolster our options at centre. Sponsored by Graham & Sibbald 

Patrick Kelly โ€“ Former Scotland & GB 7s player plays centre/wing and brings a wealth of professional experience having also played for Glasgow Hawks. 

James Stokes โ€“ The former Park backs Coach brings his experience from Coventry and most recently London Irish. Will prove invaluable to Park this season with his ability to play at 13, 15 or on the wing.

Matt Williams โ€“ Former loanee player Matt Williams had a stint with Park in the 17/18 season and has rejoined this season. Equally good at centre as he is on the wring, his premiership experience will be an asset to the side.

RETAINED

We are delighted to confirm the following players have committed to the club for another season. 

FORWARDS 

Ali Wade (Gardiner and Theobold), Arthur Ellis (The Redferns), Austin Hay, Buster Wilkins, Charlie Piper (Piperโ€™s 8), Dan Laventure (The Ghibaut Family), Diego Costa, George Hamblin, Gregor Gillanders, Harry Ledger, Henry Spencer (Howard and Dee), Jake Buckingham, Jordan Martin (Mermaid Gin), Matt Bolwell, Sam Garvey, Will Burton 

BACKS 

Benji Marfo (BlytheRay), Charlie Walker (Stephen and Mike), James Keay, Jack Webster, Joe Luca Smith, Jordan Van Schwlyk, Josh Addams, Luc Smith (Rugby Against Cancer), Luke Baldwin, Matt Gordon, Max Trimble (Halbro), Rob Lind, Theo Alexis, Tom Stanton (BlytheRay), Will Glover 

LEAVERS

As always, it is sad to say goodbye to our departing players. We thank them all for their service and wish them all the best for the future. We look forward to welcoming them to The Rock to support from the sidelines.

Cameron Zeiss โ€“ Retired
Craig Holland โ€“ Moved on to Dorking Rugby Club
Dave Lewis โ€“ Retired
Dylan Flashman โ€“ Retired
Henry Cheeseman โ€“ Moved on to Richmond FC
Henry Robinson โ€“ Retired
Jack Gash โ€“ Retired
Jared Saunders โ€“ Retired
Luc Jones โ€“ Moved on to Richmond FC
Nick Lovell โ€“ Retired
Seb Strang โ€“ Moved back to Australia

Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 17:34
Stokesy should run riot at level three. Good signing imho.
Our City,
Our Club
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 18:45
Squad of 50+ players, very impressive! Is anyone else in the league going to match that I wonder?
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 21:22
James Stokes the standout signing, a big big squad, with more emphasis on younger players. I think they will go well.
Run with it
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 08:23
Well Ranger my friend, looks like you have thrown the cheque book at it again for the 4th season running.

Two stand out players missing, Freddie Hosking and Ben Howard, neither are mentioned as staying or leaving and both would get into any National 1 side. If you have those two still you are in a good place.

Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 12:41
It will be interesting to see Sale Squad, Rams still looking like favourites . But presumably no one playing for promotion as Champ to become prem 2 with only ten clubs, with the addition of a couple of phoenix clubs!!! Sorry slight ly off thread .
Run with it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic