National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedCup Final Predictions, Team News etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: In a knockout match at Vallis Way who will win?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [47.62%]
11 [52.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cup Final Predictions, Team News etc
    Posted: 07 May 2023 at 13:14
As there are only two teams left I have started a poll but allow replies so that you can predict a score or winning margin.

I predict a narrow Jersey win by 4 points even though at home Ealing must be odds on. I've booked flights and hope those nice people at Ealing decide on a 2pm or 2.30pm kick off so that I can get back to LHR for the return.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 07 May 2023 at 18:01
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 13:28
At home, with slightly better selection than on the island, I am taking Ealing by 7.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 00:09
This Jersey team are totally blowing me away at the moment and I think that they are so up for this that they are capable of beating Ealing on a desert. However, Ealing must be hurting and will be looking to make a point and secure some silverware this season.
Jersey by 1 or 100, I don’t care, but Jersey to win!!
Tackle Low!!!!!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 11:12
2pm KO on Saturday now confirmed... 
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:06
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

I know that it is possibly too soon to confirm, but I’m guessing that it will be streamed?
Tackle Low!!!!!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:59
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

I know that it is possibly too soon to confirm, but I’m guessing that it will be streamed?

You'd hope so, it is being discussed... & would probably be shown in clubhouse if the discussions are fruitful
JohnLowe View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 08:19
Pity that it appears that the final quarter will probably overlap with the start of the first Premiership semi-final. Yet another event in a brewery that the RFU couldn’t organise.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 08:26
Originally posted by JohnLowe JohnLowe wrote:

Pity that it appears that the final quarter will probably overlap with the start of the first Premiership semi-final. Yet another event in a brewery that the RFU couldn’t organise.
Again. What a surprise.
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 08:41
That is the key problem of having them on the same day, when the timing of the Premiership semi was agreed in advance, and the Championship final is decided by airline timetables.

Of course, a little pre-planning would have known what the options for Jersey were.

But we do not need to worry for next season, as we do not have a Championship cup.
Sweeney Delenda Est
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:33
Originally posted by JohnLowe JohnLowe wrote:

That's the semi-final involving the Cheats so isn't worth bothering with.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 13:28
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 14:40
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

That is the key problem of having them on the same day, when the timing of the Premiership semi was agreed in advance, and the Championship final is decided by airline timetables.

Of course, a little pre-planning would have known what the options for Jersey were.

But we do not need to worry for next season, as we do not have a Championship cup.

Quite tricky to pre-plan when, prior to Friday evening, there were 8 different permutations covering the 2 teams in the final and the location at which it would be played. And only 3 working days (or 2 in Jersey thanks to Liberation Day) before the visiting team would be setting off. As I've mentioned before, back-to-back rounds of a KO competition are a 'king nightmare!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 11:38
According to the offfy the Referee for the final is Stats Centre Referee - Hamish Smales (englandrugby.com)

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 09:43
https://twitter.com/i/status/1656715251755122693
Howay Jersey lets have a live stream please.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 12 May 2023 at 09:45
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 10:13
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Think you howayed the wrong people CC; it's very tricky for a visiting team to set up a decent stream if the host club & organising body decline to do so...
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:53
Reds preview, inc team news - LINK
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:16

Although the Reds are suffering a few end of season injuries, this is still a very strong side and I think that the game will be won/lost for either side out wide tomorrow.
Really sorry to see those who are leaving go, but we can only wish them well. All smashing lads who have played their part in an incredible season. A special shout out to TJ Harris. He has been superb over the 4 seasons that he has spent with us and hopefully he can leave with 2 winners medals hanging around his neck. You will get a few beers bought for you next season when you visit with your new club.
Tackle Low!!!!!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:45

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Think you howayed the wrong people CC; it's very tricky for a visiting team to set up a decent stream if the host club & organising body decline to do so...
I accept the rebuke mate. I'm one of the lucky few who managed to get flights so if BA do their stuff tomorrow I'll be there but its still a huge pity it couldn't be streamed for the rest of the supporters. The game will no doubt be televised anyway for disciplinary purposes and shown on the big screens in the bar at Ealing so its surprising that a live stream option couldn't be set up. Pirates managed it for the Semi-final in Penzance last week so it strikes me that if the will is there it can happen.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 13:14
https://ealingtrailfinders.com/images/uploads/news/slider/645e15714c458b0aa80faf5b_1.jpeg

Ealing team news

Edited by corporalcarrot - 12 May 2023 at 13:15
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 13:26
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Although the Reds are suffering a few end of season injuries, this is still a very strong side and I think that the game will be won/lost for either side out wide tomorrow.
Really sorry to see those who are leaving go, but we can only wish them well. All smashing lads who have played their part in an incredible season. A special shout out to TJ Harris. He has been superb over the 4 seasons that he has spent with us and hopefully he can leave with 2 winners medals hanging around his neck. You will get a few beers bought for you next season when you visit with your new club.
Where's the Cov Kid off to next, do we know yet?
Presumably not back home as we seem to be ok for hookers.
Our City,
Our Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic