National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N/E/W division

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 17:26
Official structure sent to club secs - if you pm me your email address or phone number I can forward

Edited by Thatbloke - 10 May 2023 at 17:27
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 17:56
Well that is indeed a surprise. Unlucky Lymm fancying making amateurs travel to the South West every other week from banks of the Manchester Ship Canal 
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 17:59
Well Chester were saying they feared a mass player exodus if forced to go West - I wonder if it's the same at Lymm - will be interesting to gauge their reaction on social media but nothing showing yet
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 18:15
That's a 5 point win for Thatbloke over PiffPaff. Well predicted mate.

Really pleased that Chester are staying in N2N. A great set of lads, on and off the field.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 18:22
Thatbloke - maybe a strong argument for allowing clubs to refuse promotion if they think they will not be competitive at a higher level?

Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 19:34
I don't think that's allowed Oldman - otherwise they'd all be at it!
And yes a good prediction victory over Piff Paff despite all those decimal points😂😂Does that give me a 5 point start in the Prediction League for next season?? 
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 19:52
So we survive the transfer West for another year, but at the cost of our neighbours. 

I'm glad we get another year, hopefully we're able to keep the lads from this season that haven't already called it a day.  

cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 20:08
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

Well that is indeed a surprise. Unlucky Lymm fancying making amateurs travel to the South West every other week from banks of the Manchester Ship Canal 

“Southwest every other week”; what is your definition of the south west? Shropshire? Leicestershire??

Edited by cheshire exile - 10 May 2023 at 20:09
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 20:36
Add to that Birmingham, Dudley and Leominster
Yes there's 7 or 8 long trips - depends how they fall. You wouldn't want Redruth, Camborne, Exeter Uni and the 3 Bristol clubs all clumped together on alternate weeks
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 20:58
Not too sure what the answer would be in this situation, I know Leicester Lions were a tad miffed when they went south, travelling from east to far west, but I think it has actually the making of this side and going West last season wasn't too bad with a few Midland sides in as well. The irony is I think the Lions will be travelling less miles going into Nat 1 than they did last year.
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 21:17
Originally posted by Deva Delinquent Deva Delinquent wrote:

So we survive the transfer West for another year, but at the cost of our neighbours. 

I'm glad we get another year, hopefully we're able to keep the lads from this season that haven't already called it a day.  

DD 

I feel for Lymm. A great club and set up, with a deserved promotion this season. To get this is a real kick in the teeth. However the same would have been said if it was Chester or come to think of it the countless other clubs that have had to make this huge sacrifice over the years. This seems harsh but alas those are the protocols for league structures. 

I just hope Lymm can withstand the shock. Good luck next season. 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 10 May 2023 at 21:21
Give him one with handles on
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 21:55
Obviously I’m biased but no one seems to acknowledge the commitment from Redruth, whose 200 mile round trip to Exeter is their closest away game.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 21:59
I think Camborne is a bit closer than Exeter😂😂
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 08:12
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

DD 

I feel for Lymm. A great club and set up, with a deserved promotion this season. To get this is a real kick in the teeth. However the same would have been said if it was Chester or come to think of it the countless other clubs that have had to make this huge sacrifice over the years. This seems harsh but alas those are the protocols for league structures. 

All the best 

ST 

There was a teeth-kicking coming, I'm just glad it wasn't us, but I do feel for Lymm.

Seems to be there's more hassle now than there ever was when there were just two leagues at level 4, but obviously the suits at HQ know best...
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 08:13
I forgot Camborne have been promoted, given that other posters seem to think it’s in Cambridgeshire.Big smile
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 08:15

Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

DD 

All the best 

ST 

There was a teeth-kicking coming, I'm just glad it wasn't us, but I do feel for Lymm.

Seems to be there's more hassle now than there ever was when there were just two leagues at level 4, but obviously the suits at HQ know best...

I’m not sure that clubs from Cornwall, Kent and Suffolk in the same league was a better arrangement.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 08:34
This is the problem, someone has to go to Cornwall, just as lower down, someone needs to travel to Cumberland. And those are going to be long trips.

Overall, I think three leagues works better than two.
I am still not convinced we need two layers of regional league.

But we do need to look at the cups, the distances are two large to arrange in such a compressed schedule, and if we are going to have that many teams travelling nationally at short notice, they need more financial support.

Sweeney Delenda Est
One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 09:07
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

This is the problem, someone has to go to Cornwall, just as lower down, someone needs to travel to Cumberland. And those are going to be long trips.

Overall, I think three leagues works better than two.
I am still not convinced we need two layers of regional league.

But we do need to look at the cups, the distances are two large to arrange in such a compressed schedule, and if we are going to have that many teams travelling nationally at short notice, they need more financial support.

How can they get "more financial support" when there is eff all at present?????
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 09:31
When my son was playing for Kinloss Eagles near Inverness, they had away trips to Shetland, that was a 12 hour overnight boat trip!!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:09
Well they cannot get any less.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic