National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N/E/W division

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 09:43
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

The more I think about this "rumour" the more ludicrous it becomes!
"Both clubs favoured a 15 team league" If that is/was an actual suggestion then both clubs are being run by buffoon's (which I'm sure they're not!!)
Such a proposal would require 15 extra playing Saturdays to accommodate 1 club "resting" every week - so effectively almost a full year to complete a full league programme - never going to happen! 

Think you may want to recheck the maths! As I don't think adding one side means 15 extra Saturdays to a league programme, it adds one Saturday to the programme I think .. 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 09:50
A 15 team league means a 30-week season, the same as a 16 team league. - just the 16th team is "bye".
Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:08
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

The more I think about this "rumour" the more ludicrous it becomes!
"Both clubs favoured a 15 team league" If that is/was an actual suggestion then both clubs are being run by buffoon's (which I'm sure they're not!!)
Such a proposal would require 15 extra playing Saturdays to accommodate 1 club "resting" every week - so effectively almost a full year to complete a full league programme - never going to happen! 

It would actually mean 2 extra playing Saturdays not 15! However this would also mean a 13 team league in 2W, unless a club gets a reprieve?

Edited by Raider999 - 30 May 2023 at 11:11
RAID ON
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:10
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

A 15 team league means a 30-week season, the same as a 16 team league. - just the 16th team is "bye".

Correct, back to the good old days
RAID ON
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:29
Doh! 🙉🤷‍♂️😬
Still not going to happen though! 

Edited by Thatbloke - 30 May 2023 at 11:30
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:53
A 15 team Northern league would also mean a 13 team South western league.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 17:39
Just been confirmed by the club, Chester N2W and Lymm N2N for next season. 
BP Youth View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP Youth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 18:56
Originally posted by Deva Delinquent Deva Delinquent wrote:

That must be a big disappointment to Chester but probably the decision that should have been made in the first place. It will be a big enough challenge for Lymm, without the addition of travel to the far flung corners of the Empire.

Edited by BP Youth - 30 May 2023 at 18:58
It's only a game
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 19:14
I have no axe to grind either way but my understanding was that there was no "Appeal process" under the new protocols so if Lymm came out as less overall mileage on what grounds has the reversal of this decision been made?
And as a previous poster pointed out "Do Chester now have the right to Appeal the appeal" Please don't tell me someone at the RFU transposed a figure in the mileage calculations. Nothing would surprise me these days! 

Edited by Thatbloke - 30 May 2023 at 19:26
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 19:33
Originally posted by BP Youth BP Youth wrote:

That must be a big disappointment to Chester but probably the decision that should have been made in the first place. It will be a big enough challenge for Lymm, without the addition of travel to the far flung corners of the Empire.

It's disappointing after initially being told we were staying north, but always had it in my head we'd be going west as soon as Leeds were confirmed to be coming down.

After reading the decision I'm surprised that it even got this far. The original decision was based on travelling time, not distance. TBH I just assumed it was done on distance. 

No bad feeling from me towards Lymm, in fact, I'd have wanted to appeal if the boot was on the other foot. 

Now, how many Bristol teams are at level 4? 
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 19:38
Clifton, Dings and Old Reds
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:26

Does your chosen name illustrate your prejudices? “The Empire”? WTF?

Edited by cheshire exile - 30 May 2023 at 21:26
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:29

It's disappointing after initially being told we were staying north, but always had it in my head we'd be going west as soon as Leeds were confirmed to be coming down.

After reading the decision I'm surprised that it even got this far. The original decision was based on travelling time, not distance. TBH I just assumed it was done on distance. 

No bad feeling from me towards Lymm, in fact, I'd have wanted to appeal if the boot was on the other foot. 

You do of course have two proper trips to look forward to, 170 miles past Bristol.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:33
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

You do of course have two proper trips to look forward to, 170 miles past Bristol.

All depends on how the fixtures fall if I'm able to go to the ones in Cornwall, but I'm aiming to make it to at least one in Bristol and stay over with the family. 
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 22:20

Knowing the Chester lads as I do, your over reaction to the word "Empire" suggests to me that you are better off being an 'exile'.

I don't know much about Lymm and have nothing against Lymm but, I enjoy and will miss our trips to Chester. They are a good 'northern' club with good lads on and off the field. Best of luck to Chester, I know you will be missed in N2N.
All Knwoing All Seeing
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 08:18
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

Knowing the Chester lads as I do, your over reaction to the word "Empire" suggests to me that you are better off being an 'exile'.

I don't know much about Lymm and have nothing against Lymm but, I enjoy and will miss our trips to Chester. They are a good 'northern' club with good lads on and off the field. Best of luck to Chester, I know you will be missed in N2N.

Of course, I'm disappointed not to be seeing our friends in Lancashire and Yorkshire this coming season.  I've had some good trips over the years.  Hopefully our little sojourn isn't for too long, though I suspect unless the structure is changed this won't be the last time.

As a relatively new member of the club I've only ever seen us at level 4, so I haven't been to Lymm.  It's a shame to have a team so close at the same level but not get the chance to play against them.

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to a nice 4-5 points away at Luctonions LOL
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 08:29
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

I'd echo that. We've had some very tight, controversial matches there recently, and having you passions raised is all what club rugby is about.
BP Youth View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP Youth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 08:48

No. Get a grip.
It's only a game
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 09:02

Where on earth did that come from?
RamSale View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamSale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 13:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic