National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N/E/W division

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N/E/W division
    Posted: 08 May 2023 at 13:58
Anyone have an idea when the composition of the 3 divisions is going to be announced?

I would assume that, with 2 Northern teams and Esher relegated to level 4, the only changes would be

Esher replacing Blackheath in the East

Leeds and Hull into the North with one of last seasons North teams heading to the West.

I would assume we are probably looking at Chester?

Sounds simple but knowing the RFU there is probably a lot of discussion before any announcements

Edited by Raider999 - 08 May 2023 at 14:00
RAID ON
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 14:18
I thank your right Raider, but what about Lymm? are they closer to the west being nearer the M6?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 15:56
Fixtures are due from NLR by the end of May.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 18:29
Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

I thank your right Raider, but what about Lymm? are they closer to the west being nearer the M6?

I didn't know they had been promoted - I will bow to your greater knowledge.
RAID ON
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 18:30
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Fixtures are due from NLR by the end of May.

Thanks for the info
RAID ON
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 19:09
Raider, as I understand it the six promoted teams are Cambourne, Dudley Kingswinford (both go west). Wimbledon and Westcombe Park (Both go East). With Billingham and Lymm from the north.
This means, when relegations taken into account that one team from the North must go West
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 19:55
This is assuming  that Loughborough Students or Hinckley don't ask to go back to the north of course.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 21:25
They could "ask" but they ain't going - too many for Nat2 North as it is so they won't be putting any Midlands sides in there
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 22:19
I believe the new structure got rid of the concept of a home league.
The organizing committee simply divides the sides to minimize travel.
While at level four, with only three leagues the structure is highly unlikely to change, there is no guarantee that the leagues at lower levels will not be completely rearranged
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 22:41
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

They could "ask" but they ain't going - too many for Nat2 North as it is so they won't be putting any Midlands sides in there
I recall when there was just a North and South, after a year of levelling up, you could return to your natural group and it would be someone else's turn, now with three leagues that rule may well have been changed, but it could well happen if not.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 07:16
Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

Raider, as I understand it the six promoted teams are Cambourne, Dudley Kingswinford (both go west). Wimbledon and Westcombe Park (Both go East). With Billingham and Lymm from the north.
This means, when relegations taken into account that one team from the North must go West

CAMBORNE!!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 08:25
At least it was not St Ives.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:59
As Camquin states earlier. For Level 4 now the RFU presses it's "mileage" button and you go where you're sent. There's no such thing as returning to your "home" region and then having any options to "level transfer" or applying to join the league that suits you best
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 14:35
Again if you use mileage as the calculate Lymm 53.38164820931271, -2.479589905739179 is not they are further North and East than Chester, 53.19424690967525, -2.891963328227024 therefore it will be Chester.

Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 15:41
I believe it is the mileage as given by Google Maps for road travel by the best route.
And total mileage across both leagues.
But we will not know until the moving finger has writ and having writ moved on.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 15:44
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

Again if you use mileage as the calculate Lymm 53.38164820931271, -2.479589905739179 is not they are further North and East than Chester, 53.19424690967525, -2.891963328227024 therefore it will be Chester.

That suggests it is very close between Lymm and Chester - there used to be a rule that if the calculatio was within a certain %age difference (5?) Then the team lower the previous season would move.

However, I don't know if this still applies.
RAID ON
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 16:35
Accepted Lymm are slightly further north and east than Chester but Lymm are slap bang by the side of the M6 so Lymm might just be doing less Miles than Chester?? We'll find out pretty soon when "computer say................?" Then the arguments and protests will begin - all of which will be to no avail whichever of the two it turns out to be
Dagfish View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 18:05
Quote That suggests it is very close between Lymm and Chester - there used to be a rule that if the calculatio was within a certain %age difference (5?) Then the team lower the previous season would move.However, I don't know if this still applies.

My understanding is that, along with the concept of clubs not having a "home" league, there is also no concept of teams moving from one league to another. Every season the old leagues are cancelled, and completely new leagues are drawn up based on all the teams at that level. 

I suppose, in theory, at some point in the future we could even see one of the existing leagues disappear and be replaced by a South or Central league - though that would probably need a specific set of promotions & relegations!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 16:47
And so Lymm it is for the West - Chester escape again - structure just released
Don't want to say I told you so............... but

Edited by Thatbloke - 10 May 2023 at 17:10
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 17:12
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

And so Lymm it is for the West - Chester escape again - structure just released
Don't want to say I told you so............... but
Where is that posted please?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic