National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2023-24 Pre-Season Fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 10:11
Originally posted by Se7en Se7en wrote:

A good run out today for 50 odd players!

And they certainly were "Odd" SmileSmile
Enjoying life!
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 10:24
Haha indeed Smile

Also, any idea where Robbie, Ant, Baker, Birdy and Vinny were...quite a few of lasts seasons' stalwarts absent? Maybe just having extended summer holidays!
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 13:03
To be pedantic GJ it was 36-33 but was a decent run out and lots of changes each period which made it a bit disjointed but it’s all about game time. Great to see 3 long term injuries getting game time on the road to recovery. Didn’t think the new tackle law changed the game dramatically and both teams managed it very well as did the ref. Decent day all round
So many Christians not enough Lions
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 14:53
Esher’s match saw 5 pens against both sides for high tackles and 1 pen for folding into a tackle. No real impact on the game.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 11:04
Leicester Lions travel to Butts Park on the 19th for a pre season match against Championship side Coventry with a 3 pm kick off, this also coincides with the Coventry Beer festival, beer and rugby, who'd have thought of that?Big smile
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 13:12
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Leicester Lions travel to Butts Park on the 19th for a pre season match against Championship side Coventry with a 3 pm kick off, this also coincides with the Coventry Beer festival, beer and rugby, who'd have thought of that?Big smile
Terrible thought for this non-alky - but I'll turn up all the same.
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 09:48
I was wondering who ate all the pies......................Wink
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 11:34
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

I was wondering who ate all the pies......................Wink
Don't like those either...

I sometimes wonder if life's worth living 😉
Our City,
Our Club
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 19:06
Chinnor beat Wimbledon 67-12 in games played over 3x30 minutes.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 19:48
Blackheath.beat Barnes 31-12 (I think) but unfortunately the application of the new tackle law was pretty poor which meant the game was very fragmented but more minutes in the tank for both teams
So many Christians not enough Lions
semisonic View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 20:53
Moseley beat DMP 28 - 24, 4T - 3T
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 11:17
Clwb Rygbi Llandudno 5 Sedge 28.

All the best 

ST
Give him one with handles on
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 12:21
Match report from Coventry v Leicester Lions
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 17:45
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 18:43
Originally posted by semisonic semisonic wrote:

Moseley beat DMP 28 - 24, 4T - 3T
4T each, I think, missed conversions was the difference.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:15
LLions looking very impressive Nat 1 to be the best league again this year. 
Run with it
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:49
National 1 has been a great league for some time.
It is easy to get relegated, and hard to be promoted, so you need to be good, or lucky, to stay there.

I suspect Richmond has the depth of playing numbers that it will compete with Sale, Rams & Rosslyn Park for the promotion spot. 

Plymouth should be up there, but travel seems to be a problem. While it helps make the Brickfields a fortress, unless they can find the money for more overnight stays, they all too often suffer from early morning coach trips.

At the other end, Taunton, Darlington MP, Moseley and Sedgley Park could be looking nervous, but nobody can be complacent.

But there is a good reason I do not enter the prediction league. 
And even though the Blood and Sand are no longer in the National League, I will be setting that up in the next couple of days.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 13:12
I don't think the Lions have a 5 year plan for promotion just yet, I think it took three years into the plan to win the last promotion, it would be nice to win our home games at least, after that who knows, last season they lost just one game and ironically that was at home.
This Thursday we have an evening pre season game against near neighbours Hinckley, that will be the final warm up game before the visit of Sale FC, a nice easy start then................................not.

Edited by tigerburnie - 22 Aug 2023 at 13:14
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 21:38
I Think that Lions will seriously need to look at the regulations for the Championship to see how they will be able to manage their facilities and ground, and the Fines which many championship clubs have to pay if they cannot manage to pass the Audits by PwC, A number of clubs are already paying significant amounts of money to the RFU for failing. 
I would also be interested how they are going to handle large crowds(average crowds in Championship are around 1000) together with parking arrangements. All this will need to be part of any plan.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 21:48
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

I Think that Lions will seriously need to look at the regulations for the Championship to see how they will be able to manage their facilities and ground, and the Fines which many championship clubs have to pay if they cannot manage to pass the Audits by PwC, A number of clubs are already paying significant amounts of money to the RFU for failing. 
I would also be interested how they are going to handle large crowds(average crowds in Championship are around 1000) together with parking arrangements. All this will need to be part of any plan.
I think you are getting way ahead here, my tongue in cheek comments are not to be taken too seriously, I am sure the Lions know what is coming and they know it ain't going to be easy in Nat 1 let alone getting anywhere close to promotion. The thing is as of yet we don't actually know what we are playing for, the RFU drop hints of a total revamp that will or may include Nat 1 going to two leagues in 24/25 season, so the Lions could be in North or South Nat 1 if they manage to avoid being relegated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic