National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Leicester Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 18:46
Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

Originally posted by RedPete RedPete wrote:

Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Had some great Easter tours to South Wales back in the 1970's with Wigston, we'd have a mixed side out so asked for a second team fixture. Of course they would field their first team to try and make sure they beat the English, but that didn't always work, we managed to win a few, even when we had to stop a game whilst one of our props went off to be sick and then return, bad Welsh beer we reckoned was the problem, can't have been the quantity we drank lol.

Very good!

Feelin Foul or Skull Attack?

RedPete sounds like the voice of experience.
Both are of course decent enough Ales.

Neither travel pretty well though !
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 22:14

Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

It will be interesting to see what size crowds Leicester get in Nat 1, they have been showing figures in the 150 region so far can they cope with crowds of 600-800?
According to Wiki the grounds capacity is 2000.
What's that? Four deep all the way round?
At least 500 will be able to watch the match then Wink
Our City,
Our Club
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 09:31
I have not been to Leicester since the new clubhouse was built and the pitch sold, is there a bigger car  park otherwise that will cause issues.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 09:46
Looking on Google Maps, other mapping software is available, I would say they have space for about 60 cars and a coach - and then there may be space in the golf club car park, if they are able to use that.
Sweeney Delenda Est
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 10:50
I'm sure they will be looking at these things, but no comments yet.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 12:56
It seems the squad signings are complete, though no idea if any dr's from Leicester Tigers will materialise, we seem to have at least one each year.
Some surprising omissions from the announced squad, but some exciting looking signings going into the new era for the club. First pre-season game squad announcement will be interesting, not long to go.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 09:37
Leicester Lions squad for the trip to Championship side Coventry this weekend, a few new faces and a few having retired.

Edited by tigerburnie - 19 Aug 2023 at 09:38
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 10:44
I see Simon Koroiyadi starts, not sure if he is a new signing or a loan from Leicester Tigers?
 senior academy. Also the winger Satala was also in the Tigers academy last season.

Edited by tigerburnie - 19 Aug 2023 at 10:57
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 12:17

I see Simon Koroiyadi starts, not sure if he is a new signing or a loan from Leicester Tigers?
 senior academy. Also the winger Satala was also in the Tigers academy last season.
He was on loan to Birmingham Moseley last season and impressed. Don't know how many games he played, but sure someone will tell us. Barring injuries, I think BM is covered well in the back row this season.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 12:30
Coventry are taking this serious then..........................
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 17:23
33-21 was not a bad effort, 7-7 at HT shows we have some talent and hopefully the side will click together.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 17:46

Coventry are taking this serious then..........................
No point doing anything else.
However, splitting the 'better' players between first- and second-half teams certainly didn't help Cov's performance - neither did the absence of Pellegrini and Ryan*.
Alex Rae will have learned much here, and I would expect a rather different strategy against Mose.
As I've said elsewhere,  Lions looked good, and while we can't pre-judge the quality of L3 this season, I'd be surprised if they're not near the top at the death, on this showing at least.

*Edit: And Chudley. How did I forget Chudley?

Edited by Kimbo - 21 Aug 2023 at 10:42
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 17:49
BTW, the lad that scored the final Lions try has some serious wheels...

Edit: Stubbs?

Edited by Kimbo - 21 Aug 2023 at 10:44
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 18:00
I don't think Lions have a plan for promotion this year lol. I would guess it's about consolidating their position in the league, alphabetically they sit seventh, I would take that as a position at the end of the season lol.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 10:18
Well the new season in a new league is almost upon us, how will it go? In the prediction league only one other person thinks the Lions will get anything out of the game with Sale and to be fair, whilst we are guessing, it is a fair assumption.
Can Sale carry on from last season, will they take a further step? Can the Lions carry forward their impressive league performance from last season?
Exciting to see some rugby again, let's hope all keep fit and well for the coming season.
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 12:37
NAT 1 is a very competitive league and there are few givens. Over the years some clubs have performed very well in their first season in the league, and continue to do so. Therefore, I would not be surprised if LL or the other newly promoted teams do the same. Best of luck, I hope it's a great season and one not spoilt by adapting and interpreting the new tackle laws.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 14:13
It's all unknown territory, the Lions won their last pre season game comfortably in the end and made a very good showing against Championship side Coventry, however we all know a couple of injuries can have a profound effect on a clubs season, I just hope all keep well this season, not just at the Lions.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 17:05
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:28
I cannot find any feed for this game from Lions or Cinderford. The Lions Colts team are at home against Leicester Vipers Colts today, not found any info on that either
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2023 at 12:49
If anyone fancies lunch and a game in Leicester and not going to Welford Road to watch the Tigers in the Premiership cup, you'd better book early
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic