National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Even Numbers to 22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Even Numbers to 22
    Posted: 26 May 2023 at 22:13
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 22:18
Wasps borrowed Stadium
Irish borrowed Stadium

Perhaps the Premiership and RFU may realise that the MSC and a borrowed stadium could be a problem?
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 22:21
Well, this isn't how I wanted to move up the pyramid...
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 22:55
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Well, this isn't how I wanted to move up the pyramid...

At this rate the Championship will become the Premiership!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 07:19
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 19:09
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Irish being suspended?

I see some Irish supporters now seem to be against the P Share and ring fencing. I wonder why? Angry
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 19:55
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Irish being suspended?

I see some Irish supporters now seem to be against the P Share and ring fencing. I wonder why? Angry
As do Dalegio and his cronies.

OK to pull the drawbridge when you are in the club but not so good if you are outside it
RAID ON
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 20:20
The old school ties are taking a beating aren't they, this could actually be of benefit if rugby organisers were brought kicking and squealing into the 21st centaury(did these Victorians ever really join the 20th I ask myself).
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 15:44
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

The old school ties are taking a beating aren't they, this could actually be of benefit if rugby organisers were brought kicking and squealing into the 21st centaury(did these Victorians ever really join the 20th I ask myself).
Ask the Member of Parliament for the nineteenth century - Jacob Rees-Mogg.
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 23:43
What worries me is that London Irish Amateurs could be wiped out by this.
As I understand, the DCMS loans are secured on Hazelwood.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:06
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

That would be worrying indeed
RAID ON
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 12:10

Does anyone know what Wasps and Worcester's loans were secured against?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 13:20
sand
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 13:23
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

sand
About right.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 13:47
Update from BBC man on Twitter just now:

Chris Jones BBC
@chjones9
·
8m
Understand London Irish have been given a week's extension by the RFU to get the takeover done. This will be the last chance and is dependent on current ownership meeting Wednesday's payroll.

Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 13:48
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

sand
About right.
more like quicksand

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 14:01
To quote the administrators
DCMS provided loans of £14.1m … whilst not having any direct security in respect of these loans, it did have subordination agreements in place with Canmango and Derek Richardson.

Canmango being another company in the group. Both Canmango and Derek claimed o be secured creditors, but the administrators did not agree. Therefore, neither Canmango nor Derek got any money, and the subordination agreements were moot.

As far as I can tell, DCMS were then an unsecured creditor, and so got nothing.

We also know Christopher Holland paid £35k for the IP and £115k for some memorabilia.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 14:11
Worcester Warriors debts to the DCMS / England Sports Council were secured against the P-Shares.
The administrator does not envisage that these will be repaid in full. Nor do they believe there will be enough to pay HMRC in full.

As I understand it, no other creditors will be paid - except for the administrator's own fees.

Sweeney Delenda Est
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 14:37

Worcester Warriors debts to the DCMS / England Sports Council were secured against the P-Shares.
The administrator does not envisage that these will be repaid in full. Nor do they believe there will be enough to pay HMRC in full.

As I understand it, no other creditors will be paid - except for the administrator's own fees.

IIRC the administrators get paid *first*, before HMRC or anyone else. Which makes sense I suppose, given they wouldn't have a business model themselves if they didn't get paid. 
keep the faith
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 14:39
BBC is reporting that if Mick puts his hand in his pocket again and pays the players tomorrow, then Irish can have another week for the cheque to arrive.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic