National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Why do the RFU give clubs money?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 15:08
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

It's all heading (even tho' there are several other permutations) towards a ENGvAUS Q-F, isn't it?! I can't bear it! Much as I have grave reservations about the English national team, losing to Eddie's new side would be especially tough to take...
If you are right mate England might win that and make the semi-finals - the RFU would take that as a sign that everything is working fine and give everyone involved a bonus.

yes, the ultimate 'lose-lose' scenario; although a 30-pt loss to one of the world's top 5 in the SF might scupper the bonus/everything's fine approach...
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 15:21
I'm not expecting them to get out of the group stage the way they've been playing, though having Chessum fit has just boosted the packs chances no end.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 15:52
I know we lost to Fiji, but when it comes to it (after likely defeat in 1st game) I'm expecting we will have enough to defeat the world numbers 12, 14 and 22 in order to reach QF
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 16:02
England to just finish 2nd in their group and play a full strength Fiji side in QF.

Edited by Paul10 - 01 Sep 2023 at 16:02
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 16:09
England U18's played France recently and smashed France 41 to 0
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 19:47
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

England U18's played France recently and smashed France 41 to 0
Top man nowt wrong with positivity. Howay England if Jersey can win the Championship against all odds surely a semi final place for England is on the cards. If the luck is with them that much maligned lad Farrell will take them all the way to the final. Stop laughing it can happen and the RFU will declare really a big bonus.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 01 Sep 2023 at 19:51
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 21:24
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

I'm not expecting them to get out of the group stage the way they've been playing, though having Chessum fit has just boosted the packs chances no end.

Good to see a post with no Leicester reference Angry
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 21:27
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Not finished yet...............................................Wink
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 21:28
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

You're not paying attention....................................Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic