National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Pre-season Fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-season Fixtures
    Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 17:06
Cov have so far announced Leicester Lions on 19/8/23 at the BPA, and Mose at the Common on 25/8/23.
Our City,
Our Club
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 21:28
Under what laws are Coventry playing Leicester Lions Level 3 will be playing with the new Tackle law.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 00:13
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

Under what laws are Coventry playing Leicester Lions Level 3 will be playing with the new Tackle law.
The same ones that they'll be playing Mose under...

Who knows - but I'd be inclined to imagine Champ rules as it's not a league game and the season won't have started. Could be wrong.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 09:01
Oh, and entry includes the Beer Festival, street food, gin tent, and live music at full time.
Our City,
Our Club
Mickyboy View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 12:16
My Understanding is because of the New laws Championship sides cannot play League 1 or below even in Friendlies. 
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 13:12
Cov is the Dodge City of the Wild West(Midlands), laws are there to be broken lol
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 13:21
Originally posted by Mickyboy Mickyboy wrote:

My Understanding is because of the New laws Championship sides cannot play League 1 or below even in Friendlies. 

Pirates have home and away fixtures against Plymouth Albion in August,
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 14:43
Sorry wrong chat

Edited by Se7en - 24 Jun 2023 at 14:45
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 15:22
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Cov is the Dodge City of the Wild West(Midlands), laws are there to be broken lol
At leas they dunt talk funny lark.
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 17:18
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Ya missed orf the " me duck" at the end.....................
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 17:35

Ya missed orf the " me duck" at the end.....................
When I moved to Leics in the early 80s I nearly tw@tted the first bloke to say that to me Wink
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 12:07

Who knows - but I'd be inclined to imagine Champ rules as it's not a league game and the season won't have started. Could be wrong.
New tackle laws according to the Lions farcebook page??
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 12:21

New tackle laws according to the Lions farcebook page??
OK, that's fair enough I guess. 
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 23:35
Cambridge
19th August away Carmarthen
26th August home Chinnor

I do not know how the tackle situation has been sorted.

Sweeney Delenda Est
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 16:28
Ealing - Away to Zebre 26th August. I will be in the U.S. for that. Gutted.
HookerPaul View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookerPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 18:28
I have heard, not official, that all Champ clubs playing friendlies against lower league opposition will have to adopt the new tackle laws.
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 07:13
Originally posted by HookerPaul HookerPaul wrote:

I have heard, not official, that all Champ clubs playing friendlies against lower league opposition will have to adopt the new tackle laws.

I know that Coventry will be playing to the tackle "law" (which isn't changed at all, just enforces what the law says already about high tackles.  

You know, because Champ sides, like the sides in the leagues below it,  have such high tackle related concussion rates.

Don't get me started.
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 08:24
Originally posted by HookerPaul HookerPaul wrote:

which makes sense - they can revert to 'normal' (as mentioned below, er, pretty much not applying the actual laws) again afterwards, while the lower sides will be desperately trying to prepare for, er, having pretty much the actual laws properly applied. So are in more need of practice. 

Edited by billesleyexile - 05 Jul 2023 at 08:24
keep the faith
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 15:46
I see Nottingham are visiting Welford Road on Friday evening, the 1st of September for a pre season game.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 19:56
Blues have confirmed they have Saints at home on 26 Aug 1:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic