National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2N Match Reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N2N Match Reports
    Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 14:47
Wharfedale's report of their away match at Lymm on Saturday 2 September is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/lymm-21-22-wharfedale/
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 17:40
Wharfedale's report on their home match against Rotherham Titans is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-19-34-rotherham-titans/
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 14:18
Wharfedale's report on their away match at Tynedale is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/tynedale-22-24-wharfedale/
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 19:20
Wharfedale's report on their home match against Fylde is avaiable at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-27-26-fylde/
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 18:48
Wharfedale's report on their home match against Sheffield is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-33-25-sheffield/
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 19:15
It has to be the Green Machines year (this season) IMO. 

I think Roth might have a very huge say. Well there you a go kiss of death!!! On both clubs. But!  Come on the Green Army.

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 01 Oct 2023 at 19:18
Give him one with handles on
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 19:24
Surprised you’ve not mentioned Leeds Sedge.

Edited by Rothman2 - 01 Oct 2023 at 19:25
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 19:58
we have already lost to a good rotherham side  and made them work hard for their win  after 5 games  up to third in the league  we will take that  both leeds and roth look good   Thumbs Up
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 20:28
Originally posted by Rothman2 Rothman2 wrote:

Not sure mate that you’re joking RM2!!!but for me Leeds are  last seasons team of the season Otley. 

IMHO: It’s shocking for a non club who can suddenly rip the heart out of Otley and Yorkshire rugby for what. 

I don’t know! do you? It’s embarrassing. 

Angry from Lancashire.

Best of luck to Roth, The Green Machine and all in NL2N 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 02 Oct 2023 at 09:44
Observer View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 10:35
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

Originally posted by Rothman2 Rothman2 wrote:

Not sure mate that you’re joking RM2!!!but for me Leeds are  last seasons team of the season Otley. 

IMHO: It’s shocking for a non club who can suddenly rip the heart out of Otley and Yorkshire rugby for what. 

I don’t know! do you? It’s embarrassing. 

Angry from Lancashire.

Best of luck to Roth, The Green Machine and all in NL2N 

All the best 

ST 

Out of interest who from Otley have Leeds signed?  Looks to me like the core of the Leeds team who were relegated from Nat 1
Connor Macleod View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connor Macleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 13:17
I'm unsure of the basis of your findings there, majority of squad same as last year, some good young uns from WPL who have moved up to nat 2 level, one young lad from Wharfedale, a prop from Nottingham a lock from Huddersfield, and several from Leeds University's 

Seems a popular habit of kicking Leeds, think as supporters of the club we prefer Nat 2 with local derbies and a chance to rebuild and grow the club, we haven't ravaged Yorkshire for a squad who is 5 from 5 it's hard graft from a club who is desperate to regain it's identity of what it was before the Yorkshire Carnegie days, difficult for supporters of other clubs to see that fair enough I guess, but The powers that be at Leeds have tried bloody hard to keep a club in Leeds, 

it's been a bloody tough watch at times for supporters, and hard on players getting dicked every week, but they deserve credit not kicking constantly, as they could have done a wasps or Worcester or London Irish or jersey or others and just jack it in, as it is we have arrived at Nat 2 and this is our level at this time, we enjoying local games and trying to rebuild a fan base we are not stealing anyone's players or fans, 

Tykes lost 2 good uns to Roth in summer good lads, I'm sure there are a good few reasons why they left maybe Roth offer a better package? But that's not ravaging Yorkshire either that's a club running how they think they should be run, good luck to them and all clubs in Nat 2 north, we are looking forward to visiting local grounds and enjoying banter not feeling like a fart in a wetsuit

We do have a policy in recruitment however that players fingers must be counted before signing we don't do 6 fingered players so don't worry we shan't be coming over the border to pillage out of Yorkshire 

Have a good season all

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 13:33
Observer/CM

On reflection my statement was harsh and I apologise for that and certainly didn’t intend offend anyone at Leeds. 

I Sincerely wish all in NL2N the best this season. 

All the best 

ST 
Connor Macleod View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connor Macleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 13:42
No problem at all ST

Good luck for the season 
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 14:09
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

It has to be the Green Machines year (this season) IMO. 

I think Roth might have a very huge say. Well there you a go kiss of death!!! On both clubs. But!  Come on the Green Army.

All the best 

ST 
They have had a great start, especially when considering how many have hung up their boots for varying reasons. Worry has  have to be strength in depth with the retirement of Joe Altham, Matt Beesley, Josh Burridge, Tom Davidson, Tom Mann & Dan Stockdale. Some experience there.
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 06:08
Wharfedale's report on their home match against Otley is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-31-7-otley/
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 18:40
Wharfedale's report on their home match against Hull is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-35-6-hull/
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 10:13
Originally posted by Alfred Alfred wrote:

Wharfedale's report on their home match against Hull is available at https://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/fixtures/1st-xv-fixtures-results-2023-24/wharfedale-35-6-hull/

Having played Wharfedale before the break I was interested to see this result. Good report from your match and a good headline from the Yorkshire Post on Saturday;
"Hull RUFC and Wharfedale putting communities first ahead of their clash at the top of National Two North"
'putting communities first' - I can well appreciate that re: Wharfedale but..............

Edited by Sid James - 06 Nov 2023 at 15:37
All Knwoing All Seeing
GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 16:14
Best performance i've seen from us in a long while.

The pack had a tremendous game, getting through a huge amount of work which allowed the backline to play at real pace.

Defensively, we nullified pretty much everything Hull threw at us though, surprisingly, it wasn't much. I couldn't really work out what type of game Hull were trying to play - neither shoving it up the jumper and trying to use their size or moving it about to try and hit gaps wider out. I bet the 13 was bored senseless when they had the ball - rarely did it make it beyond 12.

A very different prospect to the one that travelled to the Avenue in their promotion season, though Charlie Beech's introduction with around 25-30mins to go certainly made a difference at the scrum.

The last 20mins were a bit non-descript. Quite 'bitty' with nearly all the rugby played between the 22s.

Will be interesting to see how we fair as winter goes on, especially if it gets very wet and heavy. It's joyous to watch us play with such ambition on the ball. Hopefully skill levels hold up and, maybe married with a touch of pragmatism when conditions dictate, we can maintain our current outlook on the game.
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 18:04
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 18:39
Originally posted by GreenThrough&Through GreenThrough&Through wrote:

I bet the 13 was bored senseless when they had the ball - rarely did it make it beyond 12.

In my 30 years of playing rugby from 1st to Vets it seems to be a conviction amongst centres that they must hold on to the ball no matter what 😎 or is that just a 2nd row's cynical view!
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic