National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National One Live Match updates - Round 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National One Live Match updates - Round 2
    Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 14:24
I thought we could start another thread for this weekends upcoming round 2 matches (and maybe a new one each week for ease of use) starting with Rams v Chinnor tomorrow night.

The match is being livestreamed for anyone wanting to flit between France v All Blacks and a Nat 1 local derby! Both matches should be crackers Smile

Link to the livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10ynRempsU

Good luck all this weekend.
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 17:45
I'll be watching Rams vs Chinnor !!!
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 10:58
Fatbear, say hello at OBR, I'll be the bloke with the camera 
Enjoying life!
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 20:31
Rams 7-14 Chinnor  HT
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 20:31
I'm watching on the internet !!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 21:28
Me too, not a bad game as an advert for the league, well played Rams
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 21:45
Nick Easter came over as sour grapes in the post match interview, insinuating the ref was against them, everyone else seemed to think he had a good game.
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 22:39
The Rams S&C told in the end, Chinnor were blowing. Same as last week against B&M, they tried every trick to slow up the play. 
Enjoying life!
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 22:50
I thought it was a fair result over the 80 minutes, but Chinnor left a few points on the board in the first half. Had they built a bigger lead it might have been different, but as you say, Rams are fit and came on strong in the final 30 minutes. Maybe Chinnor deserved a losing point but the aimless kick at the end was inviting trouble.

I also though the ref had a good game - no complaints from me. I would be complaining at the missed tackles not the officials !
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 22:51
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Me too, not a bad game as an advert for the league, well played Rams

It's a fantastic league !!
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 09:18
Good morning all 

It sounded a great game at Rams last night. 

Just about to shortly head down the M6 to meet Moseley once more. It been a few years since we last met in the Championship. Some great games back then. 

Looking forward to todays fixture. 

Tigers line up below 

I hope you all have a great day and stay injury free.

All the best 

ST

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 09 Sep 2023 at 09:20
Give him one with handles on
Normanio View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normanio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 09:59
If you are going to a match today, put on the sun cream and take plenty of water; it's going to be hot.
NeverbeentoChinnor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 11:27
I watched the Chinnor game on the 19.18 out of Paddington on my phone. Chinnor made a great start and the pack seemed to have the upper hand in the scrum (unlike the same streamed fixture last year) and the lineout went well (which from Fatbear's report from last week was an improvement). If a few line breaks had been converted into further tries Chinnor's first half lead could have been much greater. It is a fine line knowing when to go for an ambitious one handed pass and when to hold onto the ball and reset. 

Last year the RAMS co-commentator was very biased with his comments (in my opinion), but at half time I thought he gave a much more balanced assessment.

Sadly the internet connection became non-existant for large parts of the 2nd half and so I haven't got much more to add except:

i) I hope rugby does not go down the soccer road with players rolling around after minimal head contact (my phone screen was very small so I may be mistaken in this instance, but I fear it may become the professional thing to do).

ii) The RAMS reserve scrum half looks a talent. 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 11:54
Sadly there are some traits that were prevalent in the pro game that are filtering down that the game could do without.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:00
Mose v Sedge here we go 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:11
Mose 0 Sedge 7 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:14
Mose 0 Sedge 10 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:27
Mose 0 Sedge 17 
stonehousealbion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonehousealbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:39
PARFC 19-7 Taunton @ 33(?) mins - via Albion Twitter. (Yeah - I know...)
Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 15:43
Mose 7 Sedge 17 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic